Thunderbolt Fantasy 3

48caaa9a8bf0430b9d4c285395b66562

Dying from happiness right now.

You can continue to say the same thing every time a new season is announced, or you can join us in enjoying some stone-faced puppets citing poetry while literally blowing up. There is nowhere else you can see this kind of metal shit.
I think I'll stick to saying the same thing every season. And there is nothing metal about PUPPETS.

But in a way, Thunderbolt Fantasy is kind of anime-esque, since it did get some manga adaptions.

In regards to episode 1:
So Edgeless Blade and the guys are looking for Absolute Emptiness's body since he fell into a ravine. Nice to see Prominent Coldness being involved in the story again. Weeping Night has definitely become an antagonist to the guys again, since she has her own agenda. Even the guys she's working with don't trust her.

Enigmatic Wind was feeling nostalgic for a previous antagonist, the dude becomes bored if there's no one strong to fight.

(My) Most anticipated show of the season is finally here!!

Episode 1:
I'm sure glad I rewatched everything recently in anticipation of this, because they are really cutting back to some shit I had forgotten before that. Dan Fei is in the OP, so I imagine she'll have at least a bigger role this time than she did last season; spear boy seems to be in the main cast this time, which I could take or leave; Enigmatic Gale pays his respects to the Screaming Phoenix Killer and complains that he has no good villains to take down a peg; and that preview definitely had a brief shot of the princess from the second movie :o

Looks like Di Kong (I can't remember his true name, but I can definitely remember his monk name because it makes me think of a certain gorilla with a tie) and the Seven Blasphemous Deaths are still going to be a factor, and combining that with Xing Hai and this Order of the Swarm should be interesting. I'm hoping that princess being in the preview means we'll get some answers as to why Shang ended up cross the Wasteland of Spirits by himself and where his other two allies from the second movie are... So yeah, if you haven't watched that movie, it might be a good time for it. Also it's just an awesome movie for this series.

I'm excited to see how this plays out!

I have to say, I'm sad that seasons 2 and 3 haven't done the thing I really liked when I noticed it in season 1, with the OP giving a more phonetic pronunciation for the important characters' names.

Episode 01

I almost missed having to watch Urobuchi's brand of endless pretentious philosophical babbling being delivered by a bunch of lifeless meat puppets overacted by their VAs. I say almost because I don't remember much from what happened in previous story bits so I was lost throughout the whole thing. I might drop this for now until I rewatch the previous seasons.

Back