The Writing Operation!

I have not written anything really for some time. The closest I've come to actually writing anything is conceptual ideas/notes. Here's some for fun. (note- some of this may be hard to read as it is sort of uh, very dry)

Word Key Guide to the Words of the Ironian Language (and others) and Pronunciations of Each
---

Faolon (Fay-Oh-Lynn)

Faolon- Little Wolf

Hue (Hew)

Hue- Human in General or Man or Woman or Boy or Girl Human(s)

Vintii (Fin-Tea)

Vintii- Voice of the Harbinger

Slaynoir (Slay-No-R)

Slaynoir- Slayer of Corruption

Jaunter (John-Tur)

Jaunter- To be Formal or Uptight

When Faolon battle Gauntlet for the first time he loses control of himself and viciously wounds Gauntlet’s face, leaving her scarred by Knottisgale. Faolon is basically flung into a blind rage when he believes that his closest and only friend Mary Slaynoir, appears to have been killed by Gauntlet impaling her with Knottisgale in the side of the chest area. Faolon is out of control with power and emotional despair hence his unnaturally enhanced abilities when he fights Gauntlet in her chambers underground.

Arc Ritt

Era Power 1001-2500 AfterTheFall

---

Religion: Ven'quro (Ven-qwer-oh) Meaning 'Ice' in Ironian

When: Ven'quroism 1500 ATF through 6500 ATF (current day) by the High Chief Ven'quro Su'knocka

Why: The Black Vida, also known as the 'Ven'quro', were subjugated by their counterparts, The White Vida also known as the 'Cora'sur' via segregation when they were considered to be 'unwanted, despicable and as savages to be taught the truth of their being'. This theory was entirely superstitious created by politically xenophobic White Vida (the Cora'sur's more distasteful members) that wanted only their 'kind' to rule over the world, particularly the jungles of Espiral-Belleza. Originally speaking, there was a unified religion at one point called 'Ra'al' (Rye-ale, meaning 'Of One is All') (which was and still is a Universally accepted and known religion in Eon-Matrix Universe) but was never fully accepted by either kind of Vida.

Eventually the two species went into a fierce war over whom should receive the planet Guardian's blessing(s) (being their gods) and though both sides suffered severe losses the Black Vidaian High Chief called 'Su'knocka' (Sue-knock-ahh, meaning 'rough bark') wished to call peace upon the war as his people were suffering from the constant threat of both their own kind attacking them and the rising popularity of the GodSlayers (a dangerous tribe of beings that seek out the Vida and ritualistically kill them to praise and tribute to their gods). Su'knocka's offer wasn't well received and eventually the White Vida demanded that the Black Vida leave or they would destroy every kind of evidence that they even existed, starting with their younglings and females down to their culture and anyone that showed sympathetic feelings/actions to the Ven'quro.

This was a breaking point where Su'knocka's people were desperate to escape the strife as White Vida were considerably more technologically advanced and were able to produce weapons and other machines in their war effort. Su'knocka did not throw in the white flag but did relocate his people to the coldest most brutal lands of Espiral-Belleza as a last ditch attempt to stop the White Vida from senselessly killing them. It turned out to work quite well and the Black Vida were able to adapt fairly quickly to their new situation in the end due to their sturdy nature and ability to adapt quickly. However, the war never had actually been ended. It is merely suspended like a stale-mate, as the White Vidaian machines don't work very well in extremely cold weather/environments and the Ven'quro have no interest in perusing the fight unlike the Cora'sur.

Cora'sur are not as buff nor well suited to any other environment other than tropical or extreme heat (being the jungle and desert/volcano active-like areas of the planet). The Ven'quro in relation had never did well in such places and the relocation to colder climates actually greatly improved their health and ability to build their own type of weapons, etc.

How: Su'knocka created Ven'quroism as a means to identify themselves differently from the White Vida, better known as the Cora'sur. Thus the religion took on new meaning and a different view of the world than their counterparts and though many of the older generations were unwilling to let go of Ra'al, it was done to make sure the White Vida had no influence over them as a 'free and independent' people. However there are still things that are similar to Ra'al in that sense.

Established: Su'knocka founded Ven'quroism around 1500 ATF (as the exact date isn't known) to differentiate the two Tribes from one another as tensions arose out of Ra'al's guidelines that didn't adhere to the separating Tribal Councils during this crisis. Around the same time the Cora'sur's High Chief 'Yunn'pa' (Yung-ah-paw, meaning 'prosper') created Cora'surism though drastically different in beliefs and the like.

Practice: Essentially the Ven'quro took the basic root idea of Ra'al (being that all beings are bound to one another and form a ongoing cycle of birth, death, and rebirth) and formed it into a new theory that the gods of their planet had been putting the Black Vida through difficult times in order to reach their true potential. With each new youngling (a baby Ven'quro) a new possibility was made to achieve the means to become closer to their gods. The Black Vida worship one particular Mother Guardian known as one of 'The Mother' beings, called 'Ly'ra The Guardian of Fertility'. They follow a strict but non-brutal means of worship and the procreation and guidance of their younglings is a highly regarded status and position to the Ven'quro people.

Their main belief is that of 'to create death there must be life, to create life there must be death'.

Guidelines: Each person has the responsibility to accept and care for one another, regardless of status or disposition. While this is a fundamental value of Ven'quroism, it also does state that the Ven'quro are the beings of 'true blood' that rained upon the world when the first Mother and Father fought one another for their brood-mates; that the Black Vida existed before the White Vida and it was the Cora'sur that tainted the blood lines of their people with hate and violence towards the innocent; thus this act would end up creating an abomination known as a 'Kro'yaa' (Crow-yah) a perversion of both White and Black (making 'gray') and of the most vile immorality known to the world. This would herald of not only plague, flooding, famine, and miscarriage, but of countless other atrocities that would signal the end of the world as it was known.

To receive the blessings of the Mother Guardians, procreation and child-rearing are considered sacred rights allowed only to the father of the children produced and raised by their/the father until old enough to discover their rightful place among the tribe and adult Ven'quro. Mothers themselves are the ones responsible for not only overseeing the tribe's well being, but also choose the second in command High Chief male Ven'quro to the first in command, being the 'Twili'theer' (Twill-E-thear, meaning 'Mother of Mothers').

The Twili'theer is the only one capable of commanding what political and religious teachings are allowed among the tribe and is the only one whom governs what is done with their tribe in terms of how to follow Ven'quroism, though the High Chief does act as her stand in when absent or indisposed until a new mother Ven'quro is chosen.

She's also very reclusive, rarely seen, and lives within the 'deepest sanctuaries' of the Ven'quro's tribal dwelling. She uses her telepathic sight to guide her people from there. The High Chief is merely a servant to her whim, though in terms of crisis such as the loss of their Twili'theer, they act as the highest authority, much like Su'knocka had when his people had lost their tribe's Twili'theer in a violent matter that was a attack on their holy land of the time being.

Last edited:
Since I'm currently sunburned yet again- have a poem to laugh at my discomfort.

Summer Romance

The sun and I had a little fling
it was just a tiny thing
but he burned me
and so I left
though now I'm feeling
quite bereft.

Was thinking yet again about that feeling of disconnection from life and the events around me that I've pretty much always felt. I wonder if it's just the human condition- we're ultimately all of us alone in our own little worlds which sometimes intersect, but mostly go turning onward in the sea of time, each its own microcosm of eternity.

Time-Lost

We are the ones time has forgotten
standing still in a swirling sea of movement
surrounded by a world which revolves around
this uniquely human construct

Time flows by us
quicker than the flicker of a candle
bright as a flash of lightning
and like it, all too short

People continually rushing
to goals and places
to do and be
controlled by the inexorable
tick of the clock

Hemmed in by the hours
caged by the calendar
schedules and appointments
and dates- running everywhere
but getting nowhere

Lost in this sea of madness
we stand, frozen
unable to move
floating in an empty void
a limbo of uncertainty

How to move forward?
Cannot go back

Will we remain here
forever stationary-
mere observers
of the tide around us?

It sweeps up so many
pulled in by its promise of
progress and fulfillment
and happiness
yet, like its ever marching
advance, elusive

It ebbs at our feet, pulls at us
yet we, we are still here
unaffected by the slipping hours
the racing minutes-
timeless and so alone.

I feel social media has tapped into that in a cruel way. We have the opportunity to meet and interact with so many people and yet rarely do we ever meet them or form a true friendship or connection. By giving us a taste of what we crave for but never the entire cake we end the day even more alone, know what we are missing.

Was thinking yet again about that feeling of disconnection from life and the events around me that I've pretty much always felt. I wonder if it's just the human condition- we're ultimately all of us alone in our own little worlds which sometimes intersect, but mostly go turning onward in the sea of time, each its own microcosm of eternity.

Time-Lost

We are the ones time has forgotten
standing still in a swirling sea of movement
surrounded by a world which revolves around
this uniquely human construct

Time flows by us
quicker than the flicker of a candle
bright as a flash of lightning
and like it, all too short

People continually rushing
to goals and places
to do and be
controlled by the inexorable
tick of the clock

Hemmed in by the hours
caged by the calendar
schedules and appointments
and dates- running everywhere
but getting nowhere

Lost in this sea of madness
we stand, frozen
unable to move
floating in an empty void
a limbo of uncertainty

How to move forward?
Cannot go back

Will we remain here
forever stationary-
mere observers
of the tide around us?

It sweeps up so many
pulled in by its promise of
progress and fulfillment
and happiness
yet, like its ever marching
advance, elusive

It ebbs at our feet, pulls at us
yet we, we are still here
unaffected by the slipping hours
the racing minutes-
timeless and so alone.

I feel social media has tapped into that in a cruel way. We have the opportunity to meet and interact with so many people and yet rarely do we ever meet them or form a true friendship or connection. By giving us a taste of what we crave for but never the entire cake we end the day even more alone, know what we are missing.

Yeah, I agree with that. I feel online interaction is ultimately empty- like a sort of illusion of friendship that blinds you to the lack of actual substance. Then again, I feel I'm kind of old-school, so maybe other people get more out of it than I do.

I looked up at the smoke-filled sky this morning, and marveled once again at the sun, a glowing orange eye in the strange brown-tinged twilight, and this poem sort of came on its own. It's pretty rough, but I don't feel like editing right now.

The sun is an angry
orange ball in the sky
As men fight fires
and forests live and die

Just another West Coast summer
of smoke and air pollution
"Put out every fire"
was not the solution

Now with global warming
We're not up to the task
As ecosystems vanish
and species die en masse

How did we end up here?
Looking back it's hard to say
The choices they were many
that led us to this day

This is our new reality
A summer filled with smoke
Our decisions led us here
and upon them we will choke.

I checked my FictionPress account recently and realized I had a message from a year ago of somebody claiming to be a liaison for "Webnovel" and offering me a chance to publish for them. It seems interesting though at the same time a bit shady since the user in question has one of those "name12345" handles and their profile is completely blank but they did give me multiple points of contact so I don't know.

I checked my FictionPress account recently and realized I had a message from a year ago of somebody claiming to be a liaison for "Webnovel" and offering me a chance to publish for them. It seems interesting though at the same time a bit shady since the user in question has one of those "name12345" handles and their profile is completely blank but they did give me multiple points of contact so I don't know.

Sounds pretty sketchy to me. With the multiple points of contact- maybe that's to make you think they're legit. But, it's your work, your choice. You always have the option to self-publish though on Amazon or some other site though. Of course, having an actually company market you would go a long ways.

First day of Autumn, so...

The year is winding down towards Winter
Autumn's chill is in the air
And I revel in the feeling
of this magical time of year

As the leaves change their colors
drifting downward in crimson showers
The birds begin their journey southwards
to warmer climes and winter bowers

Chill rains sweep the golden landscape
tearing foliage from its moorings
and I imagine the tears of Summer
weeping for its untimely passing

Ah, tis Autumn
this vibrant, living feeling
after the sleepy days of summer
it seems the world is wakening

The woodfolk scurry busily about
all intent on gathering
the most they can of Summer's bounty
before bleak Winter's coming

Scented apples in the orchards
bring thoughts of cider and autumn fires
and the harvest festivals
celebrate the earth's desires

Luscious grapes on the vine
ripened corn in the fields
all hasten to gather Nature's harvest
‘ere to the frost it yields

And I, I take it all in
the smells of Autumn cooking
the fragrant scents of woodsmoke
the cold bite in the morning

I step outside and look outward
upward, and celebrate this time
the time of endings, and beginnings
this Autumn wonder, it's mine.

First day of Autumn, so...

The year is winding down towards Winter
Autumn's chill is in the air
And I revel in the feeling
of this magical time of year

As the leaves change their colors
drifting downward in crimson showers
The birds begin their journey southwards
to warmer climes and winter bowers

Chill rains sweep the golden landscape
tearing foliage from its moorings
and I imagine the tears of Summer
weeping for its untimely passing

Ah, tis Autumn
this vibrant, living feeling
after the sleepy days of summer
it seems the world is wakening

The woodfolk scurry busily about
all intent on gathering
the most they can of Summer's bounty
before bleak Winter's coming

Scented apples in the orchards
bring thoughts of cider and autumn fires
and the harvest festivals
celebrate the earth's desires

Luscious grapes on the vine
ripened corn in the fields
all hasten to gather Nature's harvest
‘ere to the frost it yields

And I, I take it all in
the smells of Autumn cooking
the fragrant scents of woodsmoke
the cold bite in the morning

I step outside and look outward
upward, and celebrate this time
the time of endings, and beginnings
this Autumn wonder, it's mine.
I love this! :D

Apologies if I sound like a broken record but lately I've been having some inklings of new ideas and I'm wondering, Should I just go with it? Should I just take these ideas and actually just write them, 6 year ongoing story be damned?

Apologies if I sound like a broken record but lately I've been having some inklings of new ideas and I'm wondering, Should I just go with it? Should I just take these ideas and actually just write them, 6 year ongoing story be damned?
I think it's important to focus on finishing your story. 6years sounds like a long time. It must be near the completion, innit? You could try implementing those ideas into your main storyline. Backtrack to sprinkle 'em over if necessary. Or just try to write a short story if they don't fit and you can't let 'em go. But this could cause your mind to wander and such side projects rarely get finished as well. From my experience at least. It's important to finish what you are doing, so that it would have a meaning at all.

I'm the one to talk though. Been playing mmos for 3months now, not writing a word. But I hope to return to the old regimen once I'm done with another bout of mmo craze.

Last edited:
I think it's important to focus on finishing your story. 6years sounds like a long time. It must be near the completion, innit? You could try implementing those ideas into your main storyline. Backtrack to sprinkle 'em over if necessary. Or just try to write a short story if they don't fit and you can't let 'em go. But this could cause your mind to wonder and such side projects rarely get finished as well. From my experience at least. It's important to finish what you are doing, so that it would have a meaning at all.

I'm the one to talk though. Been playing mmos for 3months now, not writing a word. But I hope to return to the old regimen once I'm done with another bout of mmo craze.

Yeah you're right, although to clarify, I've been writing it on and off for 6 years (and in fact started a whole different story in between that) and I'm only about...50-60% done :sweat:

I've been batting around ideas for medieval fantasy-type stories, but one thing that's nagging me is, how "hard" is one expected to go on the medieval aspect? Like on a scale of "renaissance fair" to "basically historical fiction", what level of realism is expected?

I've been batting around ideas for medieval fantasy-type stories, but one thing that's nagging me is, how "hard" is one expected to go on the medieval aspect? Like on a scale of "renaissance fair" to "basically historical fiction", what level of realism is expected?
If it’s fantasy, you can go as hard or as soft on it as you want. It’s fantasy. The world is yours to make.

Epic fantasy is popular as hell. It seems like everyone reads it nowadays. Have to admit that I've been feeling like dabbling in it as well hence. Never been much into the genre though. As for writing historically accurate fiction, it's very hard, actually impossible to appease everyone with that. We think that we know history, but we know zilch. Even actual historians can't really agree on anything lol. You can present the same events from a myriad of opposite angles. So, it's definitely better to stay away from accurate history if you can help it.

I'm pretty much done with writing my first novel at around 100k words. It took me 2years. With months of gaming without writing a word and all. I'm actually not writing much now too. Quite afraid of wrapping it all up with the last 2-3pages. I also started vol2 and got a ton of vol3 notes too lol.

Writing isn't too hard when you get your mind on it. Sure, it can be troublesome to catch the muse and not to get burnt out after months of following the plan. But I discovered that getting into the groove isn't a big deal after all. The insecurities might get in the way, but most times you just sit down and write those 200-500-1000-2000-5000 however many words you set yourself to deliver daily. And surprise! It won't turn out as bad as you thought. I personally recommend writing right after waking up, physical activities and showers of course. It gets difficult to consume other media becoz you start going at it with a mindset of a thief, trying to pilfer and incorporate something into your own work.

But editing is hell. I can't bring myself to reread my scribbles over and over again. It's neither fun nor creative. I also don't understand why ppl hate -ly words, but, and yet and etc stuff. I feel like it works well in many cases... Some monsters manage to rewrite their entire manuscript 3-6-10+ times. Now that is insane and something I can barely imagine even. I did rewrite one chapter for I had to (I lost the original). It took me half a year + a year of wavering basically lolz. Anyway, I got no editor obviously. I'll have to edit it all on my own one day. No idea how to make myself to, so I'm just postponing as much as I can instead^^. I'd probably be an unsavoury element for an editor too. Can't imagine agreeing to delete 30%+ atm. Would need a new mindset for that. Editing would likely take 2more years, I suppose, sigh.

And even editing is nothing compared to the main problem of deciding what to do with it all next. I mean going for traditional publishing is everyone's dream. But most publishers go after all the profits and ownership rights too. Wtf. And that's without even saying that it's nearly impossible to make it there even so. I also heard that many famous authors actually buy out their novels to make it to the best-selling lists first xD. Self-publishing is great for those who prefer to become marketers instead of writers. Living off donations and ad revenues after uploading the entire thing on the net is another option of course. But you can't be considered an author even this way. Also, my country went nuts and blocked patreon out of nowhere :o. Another concern is how AI becomes better at writing than people fast. So, there is a time limit too xD.

Yeah, stick to short stories if you can help it. It's easy to edit, you won't get lost in the plot lines and it's quite feasible to publish that in some magazines too. Actually, I think my main problem is that I haven't found anyone from the key audience so far. But I'm also glad that I didn't basically rewrite Interview with the vampire as I've always considered that the pinnacle of the genre.

Last edited:
Back