The World is Still Beautiful

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Naga, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Mitta

Mitta New Member

Posted by Mitta on Apr 1, 2014
    Re: Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii

This is my anime for the Anime Lottery club, can't wait to see if it's good or bad... I just watched the trailer but I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

NinjaDukey likes this.
  3. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Apr 1, 2014

I quite liked the 3-4 chapters I read of the manga, so I'm looking forward to this.

NinjaDukey likes this.
  4. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Did not care for that trailer at all.

5. GekoHayate

GekoHayate Active Member

Synopsis isn't promising, an abusive (of sorts) arranged marriage potentially leading to mutual attraction?

Not my cup of tea at first glance. Sad, I tend to love fantasy setting anime.

6. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Apr 5, 2014

Episode 1
    Pretty good introductory episode. Surprisingly decent. Am I losing my touch at guessing which anime is gonna blow? I hope not. Its the only thing I got that I can gloat about.

Characters, overall so far, are okay. Could had done without the 2 bumbling idiots. Villains are villains and so forth.
    Nike has character, I like that. I assumed, she be some tsundere loud-mouth from the type of story this anime is. And for some ungodly reason, I thought the Sun King was gonna be some brat with an annoying voice. I was wrong with the voice though but the personality will come next episode and it better happen.

I noticed a 4th wall joke and a couple of funny bits, which makes me wonder if this anime was meant to be taken a bit serious or not because the plot to kidnap Nike came out of nowhere but with the fantasy setting, seems plausible.

Overall, I look forward to the next couple of episodes and especially when the episodes will dip in quality.

7. SillyWalk

SillyWalk New Member

In fact, they don't even appear in the manga. The manga starts with Nike reaching the castle, then shows a little flashback of why she has to marry the Sun King, and after the flashback he meets the king.

Also, I don't remember being 4th wall jokes in the manga.

90% of the first episode is invented. It wasn't really bad, but disappointed me a bit, since I was something hyped with this series, after having read 3 volumes of the manga; I also like Nike's personality.

8. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Apr 5, 2014

Given this fact and how its anime original, I have to say I like how they did it here in the anime. Mostly because the idea that Nike goes straight to the castle while doing a flashback to explain to us who she is and why she's going to the castle is cheap and lazy writing, which would honestly make me unappreciate the anime. Here, they told the flashback and building the setting at the same time. Exploring how the people of the Sun Kingdom are like.

Also, the two comic relief characters may have been added just to showcase Nike's power. The 4th wall joke was pretty minor, just saying that we the audience wanted to see "fan-service" or rape. Which now in hindsight, makes me shutter that they included that. The fuck?

9. Mitta

Mitta New Member

Posted by Mitta on Apr 5, 2014

Episode 1
    I really enjoyed the first episode. I love the fantasy setting, and Nike seems like a pretty good character so far, I like her already. The king seems like an interesting character too judging from the few seconds before and after the ending.

The only thing I disliked about it were the two 'villains' who kidnapped that girl. Their stupidity really annoyed me. But since they weren't in the manga according to SillyWalk I guess they won't appear that much again... Or at least I hope so.

Anyway, so far I'm glad the anime lottery club gave me this one, and I'm really excited to see the next episode!

10. Aranneas

Aranneas New Member

I'm 3 minutes in and I think I'm probably going to have to give up .w. the voices all sound like they were recorded inside of a trash can. it's unlistenable.

11. SillyWalk

SillyWalk New Member

The sound is not perfect, but it's not that bad; I've heard worse. Maybe it's the version you are watching? Have you tried with another source?

:cereal:
    What is this world turning into... XD

Oh, and in the manga, the sisters of Nike aren't presented in swimsuit, the manga has almost no ecchi, if it has something. I hope this series doesn't relay on ecchi too often.

12. Aranneas

Aranneas New Member

the music and sound effects are fine. it's specifically the voices. it doesn't sound like they were recorded in a studio at all - more like somebody's living room. somebody with recording equipment they got for under 500¥.

13. Sormat

Sormat New Member

Posted by Sormat on Apr 5, 2014

^ I personally didn't find the voices that poorly, I had no problems with that.

Episode 1:

...... meh, if it was for me I'd drop this just because it's not for me and I'd end totally bored by it before I feel obligated to finish it, but since 90% of that was filler I feel obligated to watch one more to see if the original content is worth it and not what they made up.

It's hard to talk about it because being 90% filler for an introduction I feel I don't do it justice, but my impressions are not positive. The art is poorly generic as I thought it would be without any charm at all, and the Opening is the blandest opening I've ever seen and if I'd judge the show only with it I would thought she's a Mary Sue (she doesn't look like one in the rest though). The ending was also cheap as hell with the same shot and showing clips of the episode we just saw; and the direction was clumsy and rushed. So in terms of adaptation, I found it very poor, only redeeming the OST. What a surprise, Pierrot!

And I don't like they way it was presented with those two annoying brats, that 4th perverted wall joke out of nowhere, the little ecchi, many shots they do with the main character, and a really generic and stupid subplot to present the main character and the world. She was... okay I guess, but all the humor doesn't work anything for me, but again, being everything made up except the last minute (which I found funny) I feel bad judging this because maybe the original source is funny and better written, so I'll wait. But to be honest, I think this is going to be one of those shows where the adaptation is going to turn it mediocre, or it gives me that vibe. I hope I'm wrong.

14. Vestalarien

Vestalarien Well-Known Member

Well it's probably average but I like it in any case.

Episode 1

I had several problems. First, as some above me have discussed, I found the VA's lacking in some areas, especially the narrator that sounded "tinny" as though the actress was too far away from her microphone. It was bad quality.

The other problems are much more concerning. First off I didn't quite know what to make of the fourth-wall jokes from the two guys in the alleyway, but the comment about rape being fan-service for the "male viewership" pissed me off. The show just blatantly assumed that all male viewers would get off on seeing a girl forcibly stripped and abused. Fuck that.

I did find it funny when the little girl told her father that Nike was a princess and he burst out laughing. That was well timed, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the comedy. It plays out like a children's cartoon and I'm hoping it's not going to be Zero no Tsukaima level of wit all way through (ie. none).

15. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Apr 6, 2014

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything life changing from this, but I thought the episode was quite fun. If I have one qualm it's that I imagined the Sun King having a much MUCH brattier voice in the very few chapters of the manga that I read. Also didn't both the main characters look a bit younger in the manga? Not really a complaint rather than an observation. I'm looking forward to more.

16. valondar

valondar Active Member

Episode 1
    Could be worse. Something about it reminds me of Twelve Kingdoms. I'll see how it goes.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Apr 7, 2014

I'll continue watching for now, as the concept has mildly intrigued me. But honestly, when the very first episode is pretty much pure padding and filler, then you've got a pretty big problem.

18. insightblue

insightblue New Member

I'm a big fan of the original manga, so this episode kind of disappointed me. I didn't really see the point. I really like Nike and Livius as characters, so hopefully they will stick closer to the original story from now on. I don't mind some changes to make the story different, but they better be good changes.