The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent

See, I think the both of them are the 'Saint', Aire is the skills and probably weapon play half, and Sei is the magical source, healer, etc half. So instead of one person, they got two out of the summoning. I mean that's how it seems when the Grand Magus makes his report anyways. And it would be pretty cool route to take.
I like this theory, it was initially what i was thinking until the Magus guy saw Sei, that made me believe less in this but i kind of hope your right!
in which Sei can take the back line, she can play potion maker and medic without the boring fighting we always have to watch... yes i see the irony that i think the fighting side is boring whilst someone making potions is fun, and yes, i don't care!

More world building in terms of social interactions from a summoned perspective, and from those who are native to this realm, such as Liz. Also, the Grand Magus is a bit..mm..creepy I suppose. Still, good on him to poke and prod Sei into a better state, to seek out practical training, even if for the wrong assumed reasoning.

"Japan is a lot more socially relaxed."
My ass. I'm surprised she could say that with a straight face
Whilst your not wrong in respects to western thinking, she isn't wrong here. Japan just doesn't a noble and peasant system and divide like here, whilst arranged marriages do exist there they make less than 1% of marriages so yeah. I mean i do agree with your point, i wont deny i did snigger at the irony of her comment but by rights she isn't wrong.

Kyle continues to be a douche.
I'm willing to challenge anyone to find a scene this guy isn't being a douche, i think Kyle is heading for biggest dick of 2021.

mm..creepy I suppose
That grin scared me, like he literally looks like a sex predator or something.

Errr okay?
I get the idea of basing a episode on the other girl, it's certainly nice to see what her side of this ordeal has been like but i equally feel we achieved nothing this episode.
Also, it only used that opening scene (again recycled in the end) for times seeing Sei, i personally would of enjoyed knowing the other times they briefly see one another, how did she feel? Or maybe, how does she feel about the rumours? Everyone is speaking that Sei's the real deal so its fair to assume this will be word of the school, maybe even palace.

I hate Kyle even more, i dunno if this episode was supposed to make me like him but i can't, he got really angry hearing more people believe Sei is the real Saint after reading of her holy affinity and healing the injured soldiers to only admit he chose Aira on looks (which is ironic, he said Sei looked more like a servant, but what separated them? Aira was wearing a basic hoodie and Sei a basic outfit, they both looked pretty simple, just Aira is younger), meaning he risked his kingdom on appearance, yeah he admitted this was wrong behind closed doors but yet every instance we see him hear someone made a apology on his behalf for treating her so rudely, he goes into denial saying he has nothing to be sorry for, so he has 0 regret for his behaviour and no remorse if he not only ruined two people's lives but potentially picked the wrong one.
Also, he proves to be a dick more, so Aira is being targeted by her class mates, he eventually arrives (better late than never.. i guess) to just ask what's going on and call Aira away, yet... the blonde girl (I forgot her name) actually tries to befriend her and he belittles her and makes it sound like she is trash, i hope this guy dies in combat soon, he is pure scum.

Its a shame, i spent the series saying i hope it isn't Sei so i can enjoy the chilled out show we get following Sei but yet, part of me wants it to be Sei is the real deal just so he is wrong, though i would need her to be bitter and laugh in his face whilst denying her services but... Sei wouldn't so this, sadly.

So she tries to recreate some stuff from the game life, doesnt work, which is nice, it would appear this ability cant always work or in limited fashion to creation. Not an instant genie effect. Also, it would seem her 'Saint' ability is mostly triggered through either danger to herself or those whom she cares for.

I think it's triggered by emotions, based on what she was thinking, or feeling, even, at the first time.

Episode 8.
Yeah, there wasn't much tension in that fight. I knew that golden magic wave thingy was gonna be the solution.

this episode's a pretty wholesome one(especially the part where kyle got punished)
and I honestly don't know if i should hate prince kyle or applaud him for his actions
also his dad is the best

I personally loved the argument outside with Kyle, Sei and the others, couldn't asked for a more entertaining end than for the king to arrive.
Kyle is the biggest piece of trash around, He tried to moralise his ways by protecting Aira and make claims despite he probably picked the wrong saint that Sei is a fake and a nobody to the point of forgetting her and then talking down to her. As everyone said, he treated her like trash from the minute he met her which by his own word was simply because she "looked dull", imagine being the potential saviour of the land but being discarded because you look dull. Like if Sei wasn't so kind natured she could of walked and never helped anyone, leaving them with a potentially useless saint and endless troubles due to this arrogant guy.
So yes i enjoyed seeing him be humiliated, be told he is wrong, Sei be officially seen as the real saint and him punished, minor as it is. The blonde girl (Ashley?) deserves some credit for dealing with this guy too, she has done nothing more than try to befriend Aira to help dispel the negative rumours and gossip about Kyle and her for Kyle to make a point of her being a villain and having ulterior motives, because she can't have friends in this world outside himself, i hope this guys life is left in Sei's hands one day and she has to chose between him and Hawke, seeing him die will be enjoyable... but sadly she is too well natured for this.

Regardless, hopefully he takes a back seat now, he attitude is trash but if his true goal is to just let Aira live happily, he has done this and can thus go away.

Episode 9.
Kyle continues being complete trash, but at least Sei is finally hanging out with that other girl. Took them long enough to get that ball rolling.

I kinda figured the 'Saint's Blessing' was some sort of powered by love deal. Each time her power has been used to such dramatic effect, the commander of the Third Order was present, be it with the wounded in the hospital, to out in the field, and now in the Klausner Domain because she thought he was incredibly hurt. I do like the diary story though, and also the driving force of the Klausner Domain to have Sei visit.

Not sure why they made out the giving Sei that diary was like some secret or some dubious act, its in both their benefit and hers, unless its the wanting to keep her for themselves thing but it didn't seem present.
Anyway, nice episode, i like Sei never makes a point of telling people who she is, she is just Sei, not the saint.

I equally like now she is officially the saint, they aren't playing it up more than it needs to be either, sure she is going to help other domains but they are keeping it pretty casual, as to how she was living before which is pretty nice.

Episode 10.
I'll take obvious reveals for $500, Alex.
Of course it's that power of love crap. I could have told you that when this show started.

Episode 10.
I'll take obvious reveals for $500, Alex.
Of course it's that power of love crap. I could have told you that when this show started.
Yeah this did feel a bit lacklustre, I love romance shows and slide to any opportunity to saddle a show into one but this? Nope. It was so cliche and boring. Much rather just stick to the "its magic" and end off, we don't really need reason do we? The genre really doesn't call for it being based on fantasy in a world where magic isn't uncommon.

Back