The Rising of the Shield Hero

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by g3data, Jun 22, 2017.

1. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
  2. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

I have the first vol of the LN. Didn't even finish it. Too wish fulfillment-y and generic for me.

RabidFangirl, wust65 and SMores like this.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

They lost me at "Otaku in a parallel universe".

4. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Oct 18, 2017
    [​IMG]
    this shit is getting an adaption?

RabidFangirl, 31stCrusade and SMores like this.
  5. SMores

SMores Well-Known Member

Posted by SMores on Oct 19, 2017
    How the hell is ShiledBro getting an anime? I read this shit based on recommendations only to realize later the guys who recommended it were a pack of extremely misoginistic shitweasles with apparently no barometer for good storytelling. That's what I get for not vetting an internet crowd before taking their advice.

RabidFangirl, 31stCrusade and Zed60K like this.
  6. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

If it's anything like the manga then it'll be a pretty good show. Better than most isekai series, not that that is technically that high of a bar to climb.
    Then again, there's a pretty fucking good chance this is going to be yet another goddamn one of those "the manga kicks the shit out of the novels, but the anime adapts the novels" cases that gets me grinding my teeth into powder.
    Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case, and I would be pretty sad about it.

7. SMores

SMores Well-Known Member

Posted by SMores on Oct 19, 2017
    I never read the manga. Maybe I’ll give it a shot. Maybe.

8. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

I can't say anything for or against since I've no idea about the light novels. I personally found the manga quite palatable, with a few minor exceptions like
    practically-instant-puberty transformation is pretty tasteless, and I don't even know what the dang point of having her be a tiny kid was to begin with. It had no impact on the story, and if anything comes across as if there was an editor's note going "not enough boobage. Change it."
    And that one princess is an unbelievable bitch, but this is eventually balanced out by bestmom.

9. PhantomH

PhantomH New Member

If I may ask, when exactly is the anime been released

10. Zed60K

Posted by Zed60K on Jul 6, 2018
    No release dates has been announced yet.

11. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 7, 2018
    It's been a year, what is the production crew doing; working on other isekai?

12. Zed60K

Posted by Zed60K on Jul 7, 2018
    Probably, normally I'd just assume that the longer they take, the worst it'll be, but considering that I already read the manga, I already know it'll suck ass, so I'm not a new a hurry.

Thrawn likes this.
  13. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 7, 2018
    It'll be the best isekai of the season, better than the kiddy isekai, the ecchi isekai, the young kid with titty women isekai and the restaurant isekai.

Zed60K likes this.
  14. RoyalOss

RoyalOss Database Moderator

I'll watch it because I read the manga.

It starts out interesting but in the end he is just a cranky good guy with a harem around him. I wonder how the anime will handle the harem aspect. Hopefully not ecchi like.

15. alonzoel16

alonzoel16 New Member

i fukn love isekai anime but really? realy? out of all the hundred of isekai manga i read this is the only one i have not read because it looks too simple and boring

16. ichimo

ichimo New Member

Posted by ichimo on Aug 6, 2018
    Caught up on the manga after finding out about this series 3 weeks ago, start reading light novel, and now getting hyped as fuck for the anime. This is some of the best shit I've found in awhile...

17. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Instead of this, they should have done the one about the other hero, the one who wants to protect and get all the ladies. This one.

18. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Aug 14, 2018
    I think you will find he has a bird/loli fetish. Still want it as an anime instead?

ZetsubouKaiji and Thrawn like this.
  19. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Woah. What the fuck kind of deviant do you take me for?

[​IMG]

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  20. RoyalOss

RoyalOss Database Moderator

Nobody posted this yet....tsss

Animation looks great, but are they lowering the dark tone?

[​IMG]

Thrawn likes this.