The Reflection

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Apr 29, 2017.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Apr 29, 2017
  2. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Jul 6, 2017
    What the hell is Stan Lee doing at Deen?!?

And why does it look wavy af.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  3. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

I don't really care about Stan Lee, but I might give this a go because of Nagahama.

4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jul 22, 2017
    Oh man, the animation was so.......lifeless, and butt, it was incredibly distracting. It's got a nice art style, but this fucking animation, eeeeergggh, EEEEEGGGGGGH. There's no, zero weight to anything.

Then again, this is DEEN we're talking about.

Other than that, I think I fell asleep this episode.

5. hamletsmage

hamletsmage Well-Known Member

The comic-book esque art style was interesting, but with Deen at the animation helm, it looked... Wonky.

The storyline was also pretty lacking. It felt more like a drawn out teaser trailer than an episode.

6. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Sounds like one to skip, after all.

7. YuiYui

YuiYui Well-Known Member

Posted by YuiYui on Jul 23, 2017
    Episode 1
    I'm only part way through this first episode and I'm so bored watching it -_-
    Everything is just off especially the animation like I know what they were going for but it seems so wrong.

I've been waiting a while for this, with a hope that my main ALC pick won't be too boring, but guess I was wrong.

But it's only the first episode, there is some hope....maybe.

8. Margrigas

Margrigas Member

Episode 1
    They went for an animated comic book look, but ended up with an animated web comic. That one short bit of some song that kept playing over and over got stale real quick too.
    And I'm stuck with it.

YuiYui likes this.
  9. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Bronze Supporter

Episode 1
    The animation is weird. I didnt mind the story, but the art just kept ticking away at my OCD. Its not as bad as Ajin's was, but it's still distracting when I try and watch this.

10. SpanglishJC

SpanglishJC Well-Known Member

My oh my. If you ever wondered how important audio is to a show then this is the one to showcase that, and that's not praise in its favour. The Reflection has awful audio composition. Everything sounded weak, for example a scene where a character punches a guy with a huge fist should have a sound that makes it sound like it had great impact. Instead it was like a little thump.
    And what is with the still frames? I understand a lot of anime use still frames and backgrounds to save time, but this show really emphasises this. Far too much lingering on some shots.
    The story itself would probably be fine if this wasn't such a technical car crash.

11. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jul 29, 2017
    02:

That OP was the most laughable, and lazy ass budget piece of shit, I've seen. What a pathetic excuse for an OP.

12. SpanglishJC

But the episode itself was the saving grace of the show right? Right? Please let it be so, I'm in for the whole show helping @Margrigas with his lottery pick!

Gens likes this.
  13. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jul 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

I think you're fucked. Hope you're ready for more sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow pacing, and shitty action scenes. I have no idea what they were thinking with this. Also, the site rating for this show is pretty beautiful: a grand 1.6 stars lol.....

14. hamletsmage

Episode 2
    Thanks for the retell of last episode, my dudes. The small tidbits of extra info were worth suffering through the poor speech animation and general crap that is Studio Deen sometimes.
    The urge to go to DragonCon just to punch Stan Lee is slowly growing stronger

renorxukuth likes this.
  15. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Bronze Supporter

Episode 2
    Why....why would you do this to me? OP is fail. This show really does deserve it's rating and probably worse. Glutton for punishment mode activated.

16. YuiYui

YuiYui Well-Known Member

Episode 3
    Opening still sucks.
    And I still can't get used to how boring and basic the animation is like I know what style they attempted to go for but no -_- Doesn't work.

Also still bored.

I would like to thank the ALC for giving me this extremely boring pick -_-

17. SpanglishJC

Episode 2 felt like episode 1. I mean this in quite a literal sense as it reused a lot of the first episodes scenes.
    It still looks like shit.

YuiYui likes this.
  18. hamletsmage

Episode 8
    At the beginning, with the rubble and general dispair around unknown-girl, I thought "This is Detroit, right?" hoping to be proven wrong and it was some impoverished unknown location... 10 minutes later, it's proven to be Detroit...

19. hamletsmage

Episode 10

Um...
    thank you comic-book cliche. Evil twins are always useful plot points.

But uh.. Is Eleanor actually dead?

20. hamletsmage

Last episode

Er.... What just happened?

1.5/5 for the season