The Promised Neverland

IdolizedImmaculateDipper-size_restricted.gif
I'm leavin'! I'm leavin' I tell ya!
B2PFrBg.gif

Episode 2
Krone is crazy looking adorable in the opener, and Mom is that silent terrifying. She's like every badass babysitter you might have had once rolled with a dash of Mary Poppins. I do like the youthful naivety of Emma, and Ray's unshrinking realism about attempting an escape. Putting two and two together, about the deliveries and what exactly awaits them on the outside. Why would they need a wall as such, so on.

2nd Episode was...nerve-wrecking!

The music sent chills down my spine and those eyes from mommy dearest-so terrifying! Emma and her fiery passion of getting all of them out of the orphanage was driven with such conviction and determination in her little yet powering speech. They may be children, possibly too smart for their age but Emma is a positive one, an optimistic one that is needed to keep hope in their little lives, especially since the future is looking a little grim.

The tension is what has lured me into such a story and I am so looking forward to the next one!

I'm kind of glad I haven't read the manga. It's probably really good, but this is the kind of story where the music and voice acting add a lot to the tension and atmosphere.

This is true if the anime gets enough air time. But right now the manga is in a point where I impatiently wait for the next chapter like never before. It offers a different type of excitement.

This is true if the anime gets enough air time. But right now the manga is in a point where I impatiently wait for the next chapter like never before. It offers a different type of excitement.

If this only gets the one season then I'll happily go to reading the manga eventually. I just find this an excellent introduction to the material. Oh shit, anime really are just adverts for the manga and this one is working on me. The last anime I was compelled enough by to pick up the manga right after was Land of the Lustrous.

Episode 2:

I hate that this isn't all out right now, I don't want to wait for more!

I was so anxious the whole time they would talk in secret. I wonder where on their bodies the tracking devices are and how they will find them, I can't wait to find out. I'm so excited to see what the world looks like outside of their little farm.

I wonder if mom IS a human or if she's like a well disguised or shape shifting demon, she may also just be evil. Idk how you could take care of a bunch of adorable kids like that and know they are food and then willingly and knowingly give them up to monsters so I wonder if she isn't one herself.

I also don't like the looks of this new lady, she seemed way too happy and knowing what I know now about the farm and what not she's obviously also in the know about the kids original purpose. I don't trust her.

Are they going to take this new baby with them when they escape? They'd have to right? That's just going to make things even harder though. I just can't wait to see where things are going and how they are going to tell all the little kids what's going on, it might be hard to convince all the little ones to go or that the story of the demons is even true.

I need more. D:

If this only gets the one season then I'll happily go to reading the manga eventually. I just find this an excellent introduction to the material. Oh shit, anime really are just adverts for the manga and this one is working on me. The last anime I was compelled enough by to pick up the manga right after was Land of the Lustrous.

I don't read the manga so this is just from what I've read online but the anime is 1 cour and covers either the final Arc or just one of the arcs and will be a complete story. (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong manga readers) So It's probably worth reading the manga either way to see what else has happened in those other parts that won't be covered by the anime. I know I'm probably going to read the manga after the anime finishes airing.

Episode 2:

I wonder if mom IS a human or if she's like a well disguised or shape shifting demon, she may also just be evil. Idk how you could take care of a bunch of adorable kids like that and know they are food and then willingly and knowingly give them up to monsters so I wonder if she isn't one herself.

Something tells me she's a former orphanage kid herself. The monsters probably picked out something ruthless in her or thought she was good at deception. When offered the choice of either being food or raising the food, the choice is a no brainer especially for someone sociopathic enough to be able to farm kids for years. She's a monster alright, but a different kind.

Are they going to take this new baby with them when they escape? They'd have to right? That's just going to make things even harder though. I just can't wait to see where things are going and how they are going to tell all the little kids what's going on, it might be hard to convince all the little ones to go or that the story of the demons is even true.

Makes you wonder how much they suspect about the kid's plans. Introducing a new baby into the picture does complicate things. Kind of scary if that's their intention.

I would as well. Although I’m tempted to pick up the manga anyway. I haven’t read much manga for years apart from a six volume short one that Taek gave me.

Watched Ep 2 last night:
I’m curious over the new arrivals and the trackers obviously. Also what’s on the other side? Is it just a land full of demons or what?!

I would as well. Although I’m tempted to pick up the manga anyway. I haven’t read much manga for years apart from a six volume short one that Taek gave me.

Watched Ep 2 last night:
I’m curious over the new arrivals and the trackers obviously. Also what’s on the other side? Is it just a land full of demons or what?!

If it's entire world full of demons this can't be the only human farm right? Are humans the only food source or just one of the rare ones? Are humans the Kobe beef of the demon world? I have so many questions.

The anime of Pandora Hearts convinced me to read the manga, a decision I have never regretted. But I would like the anime to move on and complete the story, as the best parts were not even hinted. It would be sad if Yaksoku no Neverland shares the same fate.

The anime of Pandora Hearts convinced me to read the manga, a decision I have never regretted. But I would like the anime to move on and complete the story, as the best parts were not even hinted. It would be sad if Yaksoku no Neverland shares the same fate.

Unfortunately it's the fate of most anime. Only the select few or the very short ever get completed adaptations. If this sells well, there's no reason there shouldn't be more though.

The last anime I was compelled enough by to pick up the manga right after was Land of the Lustrous.
AnchoredCircularDipper-small.gif

--------------------------------------------------
So, a thought from a non-manga reader about where I'd imagine they'd probably end the cour:
I'm thinking we'll end the cour when Emma, Norman, and Ray make it over the wall, probably having lost or been forced to give up on or even sacrifice most if not all of the other kids; maybe even one of the three doesn't make it, but being a WSJ series I'm skeptical on that. And we'll end just as they finally see their first true glimpse of the horrors beyond the wall...

Something tells me she's a former orphanage kid herself. The monsters probably picked out something ruthless in her or thought she was good at deception. When offered the choice of either being food or raising the food, the choice is a no brainer especially for someone sociopathic enough to be able to farm kids for years. She's a monster alright, but a different kind.
This got me thinking... You're probably right, and I would bet that sooner or later, Ray is going to be at the very least tempted toward helping the demons in some capacity... Or, idk... maybe Norman through some perversion of his love for Emma... we'll see I suppose, it is a little early for this sort of prediction yet...

Back