The Promised Neverland

If they do this competently, it will be bloody awesome. And it's by the people who did Darling in The FRANXX (Still want to watch for title alone), Pubes Syndrome, P5 Animation, Moe Blob and some gay shit.

Promised Neverland's anime is gonna be so stressful. I love this series so much but I have little trust in Cloverworks. There's so much potential for this to become a popular, ongoing show like bnha that it'd kill me if they messed up the first season somehow and turned everybody away from it.

This is apparently going to be only one cour, aw man........I was hoping for more than that.

The source material is perfect. I hope they will create an anime that lives up to that. As stated above, though, one cour is far from enough, just the first 110 chapters would take at least two cours.

This is apparently going to be only one cour, aw man........I was hoping for more than that.
Good, I say. If this show is going to get on its knees and blow my mind a new one like everyone says it's going to, being the greatest manga that ever existed and the true manga to destroy them all and change your religion to the promised neverland, the anime had better be such top quality shit that not enough budget and talent exists in the entire industry to support more than one cour at a time.

It had better not be another Mekaku City Actors, which I will always mention for hyped up shit occasionally and as a testament to the hubris of hope.

I love this manga so much, I hope they do a good job and it lives up to the source material. Very excited to watch this. I binge read the first 60 chapters of this when I first found it, it was that gripping.

01:

Not gonna lie, I actually really, really enjoyed the hell out of this episode as a manga reader.

I don't think I had any major problems with how they adapted things in this first episode. How they built up the dissonance, from the initially cheery disposition of it all to the tone switch of utter dread and despair towards the end with the twist was great. The twist wasn't surprising at all of course since I read the manga and I don't think will be really that shocking to people since you usually expect the worst with this kind of thing, but it was still really damn effective in how tense it all was, the faces and everything. The demons were creepy af. I think they've more or less captured how thoroughly engrossing the atmosphere of the manga was to me. I also always liked the Alice in Wonderland vibes. The only thing I could complain about is the backgrounds which were a bit lacking and flat in some scenes and the CGI stuff there was kind of ugly but alas.

Solid and interesting setup episode.

Ep 1
Eee, I'm really in love with this anime. It's also the first time that I'm watching the anime after I read the manga, but it's still awesome-
I still have a small nitpick. There was practicaly no time shown where Conny could've left her bunny there. She was holding it right before she left and if she was leaving it behind everyone would notice, right?
Also I didn't really get why their faces were flashing for one word on the screen when They were talking in front of the fence. It was kinda distracting to just go so suddenly from one frame to another.

Episode 1:

As a person who hasn't read the manga, I am so impressed with this first episode! The animation, the plot so far, everything is amazing... it definitely makes you impatient to watch the next episode! I haven't been this impressed with a first episode since "Erased".

Seems impressive but still I can't handle the murder of a 6 years old girl (whom I found very adorable with those puffy cheeks,!!). Probably things will only get ugly with each episode but I will endure even though I am angry!

Purge the alien!
Dead kids are normally instant drops for me, especially in the first episode. But the rest of it was so good and it wasn't done entirely for shock value, so I'll keep watching. Still, that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Episode 1:

Obviously well made and professional on "filmmaking" level, but damn, the writing is clunky as hell and very obviously for 11 year olds - so while it's engaging enough to give it at least those 3 episodes, things are so far not looking up in the long run.

Back