The Perfect Insider

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Naga, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Oct 1, 2015
    Re: Subete ga F ni Naru

The only other title besides OPM I'm banking a lot on for it to be good. Come on NoitaminA, you need to make up for how shitty Laplace was and hopefully this'll be an actual mystery series.

3. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Oct 1, 2015

^That OP is actually pretty awesome, really digging the visuals there. :love:

Although, I swear to god, if this series doesn't turn out good, I'm going to be a very sad person because this fall season looks pretty dull overall and about as bad as summer to me.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  5. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

That opening is almost cool enough to make me want to start the series. Almost. I'mma wait to see what word of mouth is like on this one first because I remember the last time this block did a murder mystery. Not Laplace because that wasn't a mystery, but that other series Nanananananananannana Batman or whatever it was called.

6. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Oh, the awfulness. Let's just leave that memory in its Buried ''Treasure'' Chest.

7. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 1:

This was really good. The episode was a ton of exposition and set up, but the dialogue and engaging characters kept me interested. While there was a lot of explanations going on the episode didn't give away the game and brought up a lot of interesting questions to ponder. There's a mystery afoot and I'm totally down to see where it is going for now. The episode also did a lot to flesh out the characters and make me care about their various relationships. The small cast of characters so far have great chemistry and were able to hold my attention despite the episode being almost all dialogue and taking place in primarily one room. The animation and art were really nice for this one as well.

I'm interested to see where this one is going, but it seems a lot more promising and much smarter than the Bones anime.

8. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

Yup, this was a nice episode. Doesn't look like settings will change too frequently and dialogue will apparently carry the show but it's not a problem..........I suppose..........THAT THNG may be the prime focus of the show, but that doesn't matter much as the characters, are nice and the dialogue did keep me very interested in what was happening. The episode ended while I was waiting to see what else would happen, I had forgotten I was watching a 20 min episode and thought I was in a movie for a while there.

I'm getting a bit of a carmen sandiego vibe, in the sense that the protagonists and the maybe villain are all extremely sharp witted and hopefully that leads to some interesting back and firths to add to everything that was already done well.

best thing Iv'e seen thus far this season......granted I've only dipped into like 5-6 shows............

9. xCanaxCherry

xCanaxCherry Active Member

Episode 1:

Dialogue and characters were nice. Hopefully this won't disappoint..

10. Kenikki

Kenikki Member

Episode 1

I honestly can't tell what the main plot actually is, but I'm still sold. I loved the first episode. It's my favorite show of the season so far, even beating out One-Punch Man.
    It's just so... well directed. It felt quite a bit like watching a high quality film.

11. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 8, 2015

1:

Could get better, but this first episode had me nodding of. This is just 5 minutes of presenting a premise for next episode and 15 of hot air coming from talking heads. The characters aren't bad but they just aren't doing anything but smoke, talk and remain motionless. Idk it just seems to be putting on airs of cleverness, but somewhere along the line it forgot to leave me a hook.

The words noitaminA, mystery and crime thriller going together again doesn't instill much excitement in me. Remember how far south Zankyou no Terror and Ranpo Kitan went? I know timeslots don't mean anything really, but I can't help but feel my interest deflate.

12. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

Well, I was going to wait another episode or two until I started this one. But, everyone is pretty hyped, so I guess I just can't wait anymore.

Episode 1

Well, I love the OP. Perhaps my favorite of the season.

Certainly interesting, this does have a good bit of promise.

13. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Out of curiosity I checked the bunch of ANN ''preview'' analysis for this episode and the only writer in there I consider to have criteria, Nick Creamer, gave the ep an excellent mark. Naturally, all the other writers who spend the seasons praising all kinds of utter shit to the heavens were far less kind to it.

So yeah, between the almost unanimous praise here and the expected reactions over there, I'm really hyped about watching this tomorrow.

14. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Oct 8, 2015

Funny, that Nick Creamer guy pointed out pretty much the exact same minor nitpick I had with it. :laugh:

But yeah, I mean seriously, one of those reviewers for christ sake thought highly of Cross Ange among all things. Talk about killing any self-respecting credibility you have there.

Anyway, I really feel like this'll be very much up your alley Link and I'm looking forward to your reaction. :drinking:

P.S. By the way, on another note, I think I've watched the OP at least like a bazillion times in a row now, soooooooooo damn addicting....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  15. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Oct 9, 2015

Huge fan of Asano, and I've been wanting to see what his style would look like animated, so I'm glad that the first episode has been getting some praise, I'll definitely be checking this out!

16. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Database Moderator

Episode 1
    Best OP/ED of the year every year, fight me.
    Seriously though, the choreography in the Opening was amazing. That's rotoscoping done right. And I could watch that Ending all day. So pretty.

I'm also loving all the muted colours. I mean, it's probably going to date the series by a shit-ton, but it's nice.

It's a nice change of pace, too, having a male protagonist with a nice deep bassy voice. :love:

I had a feeling this series was going to go a little slap-happy with Philosophy 101, but it seems that Moe might be a good foil for that. She still has to put up with Dr. Saikawa's navel-gazing nonsense, and unfortunately so will we since it seems that's the way the series is delivering its information. Sigh.

At least the series got right to the point and flat-out said that the female protagonist has a crush on the male. Kind of refreshing in a way, but since it wasn't revealed to the male in question I really hope they don't dance around the damn issue like every other damn series.

But I'm finding Moe interesting so far. Despite being an adult, she's still quite childish in her ways and it really stands out when surrounded by the likes of Dr. Saikawa and his students / associates. Still, she's sharp and rarely misses a beat.

Ack! The episode went so fast! So little happened, but while things haven't immediately gotten under way, that was a pretty satisfying first episode. Even if it was padded out with a bit too much navel-gazing for my liking. :drink:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  17. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

well, she did ask him for a date and otherwise makes it pretty obvious. She didn't deny it when dr. weird called her on it either. Pretty sure sir smokes a lot is well aware of her feelings. Aside from asking him on a date, he quickly picked up on her jealous pouting and didn't ask why she was mad, he most likely knew exactly why. It is likely he just isn't interested..........if a cute rich girl hit on me, I'd be snagged quick.

SO as for dancing around the issue, I doubt there will be any indications that sir smokes a lot is unaware, however, he will likely continue to dodge the topic unless she completely backs him into a corner.

I hope the show does not focus too much on that crush, it isn't my favorite part of the story, it's actually the most annoying thing, but it is a huge part of her established character so we will likely have to live with that dynamic resurfacing here and there.........thank God it isn't the only part of her character.

18. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Database Moderator

Shows how observant I am, how did I not pick up on all that?! :yunoguy:

It's also probable that he's dodging it because of an age / maturity discrepancy between the two of them. Or he's not interested and finds her advances kind of amusing. Or both. It's the biggest mystery of the show. If only the novels were translated into English... :megusta:

Probably because I WANT it to turn out to be a realistically one-sided but still civil companionship and not a "they get together in the end" kind of scenario. :laugh: