The Owl House.

Since my username is styled after the fact I genuinely loved Claptrap from Borderlands (the unforgivable crime), and King is essentially just a better treated Claptrap of course I love King. I love bossy-needy-pathetic-socially awkward characters. I want to pat them on the head and have them learn and live good lives.

Eda and Lilith are great, I'm like... episode right before Grom, and I'm loving Lilith like... a LOT. They both have the potential to be some of my favs. I really got into this because I'm desperate for old ladies and it's given me that with these two.

Amity is fun. Actually, compelled by Amity and Willow's little friendship. Really only got a taste of Amity's homelife at this point, and am looking forward to seeing it expanded on. I guess I can't help but compare GF and Owl House even though the head writers are different, but the premises are SO similar and there's so much staff overlap... and in my head, you know, I always think Pacifica was kinda treated... in a weird uneven way, so when I compare Amity it's just really interesting to me. Because in some ways, I feel like it's a 'more well rounded' take on that sort of archetype where the intent line is drawn from the beginning.

As for her relationship with Luz, it's a sweet friendship but I haven't gotten into the meat of the romance yet.

Luz is not so much my archetype, but she's definitely doing better for me on this front than some others in the same category (I really did not like Kipo, the character, in comparison). I think it can't be helped that a lot of protags are sort of happy go lucky optimists, because that really is what glues everything together and makes it so characters like Amity and Hunter can shine. Don't mean this in a bad way, it's just that a character less understanding would have a harder time bringing people like that out of their shells.

I kind of figured to be honest, Luz would be your least favourite character lol

I will say I do understand your point about her being a happy go lucky optimist because they're not necessarily my favourite either. Although I do still think she undergoes some pretty interesting character growth and nuance as the show progresses. That the show actually does a good job in season 2 making a point to actually completely deconstruct her mentality in her reckless behavior and jumping in without thinking. I love this kind of introspection for her with not everything being so easy in hindsight and biting her in the ass.

Last edited:
I kind of figured to be honest, Luz would be your least favourite character lol

I will say I do understand your point about her being a happy go lucky optimist because they're not necessarily my favourite either. Although I do still think she undergoes some pretty interesting character growth and nuance as the show progresses. That the show actually does a good job in season 2 making a point to actually completely deconstruct her mentality in her reckless behavior and jumping in without thinking. I love this kind of introspection for her with not everything being so easy in hindsight and biting her in the ass.

Honestly, I'm excited to see it!

I do want to make the point that it's not really like I dislike her, either, in fact I think characters like this tend to make everyone shine - ex. you really see how responsible and caring Eda is, and I think so far she actually does bring out great things in King and Amity. It's just that right now she doesn't shine much on her own. There's some characters from this archetype I really hate or who make me annoyed, but I'm not ever really angry at Luz - you can understand where she's coming from, a normal teenage girl who's a bit nerdy in a world of magic and adventures. She's definitely reckless and awkward and kind of nosey, but sort of in a typical... 'shounen boy' way for me? lol

But I'm excited if she goes beyond that! I'd love to see her deconstructed and expanded on, so I'm pretty open to seeing that.

Undeniably, I was definitely one of those people who was happy when SU expanded on Steven's like... burden of having to be the one to save people, or how that affects a child to kind of feel responsible for the adults in their life, although that's probably an expansion in an almost opposite sense? (maybe, idk). I think 'optimistic mc' is a good base template and that's why it's so common.

honestly im really flummoxed because it really hit me out of nowhere that hunter is the character who's made me feel the most emotion in like. years. and he's a kid's cartoon character, which really surprises me. it's not like I don't like cartoons, i love them of course, but i just didn't expect this hit coming I guess...

HUNTER. YOU MAKE ME FEEL SICK.
because I feel so so so so so so so bad for him. literally my heart aches when this little dude is onscreen. I haven't wanted to hug a character so much in like. years. or maybe hunter doesn't like hugs. maybe I just want him to have a nap and feel ok. he looks like someone beats the shit out of him.

literally his arc makes me feel nauseous but not in a bad way exactly. but it's been a LONG time since I felt I truly NEEDED a character to get a happy ending like I do here. which is wild to me. well one because I've been dead inside for a larger part of the year... but two because I'm someone who often accepts that any character I love or relate to is born to die, even if it makes me sad. but there's something special about him, I guess...

I honestly feel like I'd feel betrayed if he DID get a bad ending. I think people tend to take things like 'betrayal' to mean the fan is going to do some bat crazy shit, but that's not it, it's more like, if hunter gets a bad end here I'd feel nervous pursuing more of the team's work because we'd be on such philosophically different places re: storytelling and audience sympathy.

and of course, I think it'd break me emotionally lol since I'm already in a bad spot. which sounds sad to say, but man. I sure do dig this little dude. because he makes me feel so much like shit about something I can control. he really belongs to an archetype I pretty much always see kick the bucket, or who are minor aspects of the plot so seeing this guy is. yeah

i mean yeah we do see a lot of like 'villain tykes' who turn around, but I feel like a lot those characters haven't drunk the koolaid or have a quick turn around. so there's something tantalizing about hunter's INSISTENT devotion and i uh. can't wait until he realizes there's more for him out there. if he does. hope he does

anyway, finished season 1 and in the middle of s2 (obviously) i'm going to expand on that later when I'm not rambling about hunter, but lilith and eda are cool w me, and i'm glad we're seeing more on amity's homelife. i have. thoughts on that. i will share. later when I've inhaled all of s2

anyway, as far as owl house s2, I know I'm clogging up the thread a bit here but let me get into my thoughts:

First off, char ranking, top 5/6
1) Hunter
2) Eda
3) King
4) Lilith
5) Amity and Raine tie

Belos and Kiki are pretty funny in their own ways too. Kinda love the whole cast, tbh.

I knew there was some controversy over Lilith, and I finally hit that, and I love her. MAN you REALLy fucked up though Lilith.

It was cool to finally hear Belos. Didn't expect him to be so soft and british when I heard his voice.

There's so much packed into this season so far!

1) I loved meeting Amity's parents. I think meeting the actual parents gives so much insight into Amity as a character.
2) I think Eda is bi? she has a bi sticker one time and she's dating Raine and I'll admit, seeing a bi older character probably has more meaning for me. I don't mean like... kids don't have importance to me, because queer kids are very important, but I think SPECIFICALLY past-young-adult age queer character means a lot to me.
3) Raine is supremely cool to me, the only time I've seen a nonbinary character with so much importance is in podcasts I listened to and while podcasts are very good seeing a wholly fleshed out living breathing animated OLDER nonbinary character made me insanely happy.
4) I like that Owl House has a lot of older characters that just don't subscribe to the notion being old = death which I feel a lot of series really do. I know Eda looks older than she is because of the curse, but she seems to be what... 50s? 60s? not sure. Anyway the fact she's still so active really is a special thing for me.
5) I've been trying to avoid rambling about Hunter more... but I think just, the trauma he has is so interesting for me. The more you rewatch it, the more it's obvious how fucky and abusive his relationship with Belos is and how much the kid is getting gaslit and fucked with. I really thought the episode he had with Amity was something special... because him and Amity are so similar, the fact he voices all the fucked up thoughts Amity has and she has to go 'what that's fucked up' is in a way, good for her too I think. they end up on a really bad note here, but I'd love if the two of them did actually become friends. TRAUMA BUDDIES.
6) Hunting Palisman had such a great ending to me. I loved the concept it had, where we hinted Luz, special child, would get the cardinal, but then it turns out it's Hunter. And I do feel like the cardinal was considering Luz, maybe, but ultimately went to the child that needed it most. Looking at theoryposting, it's also obvious Hunter probably has some link to its former owner and I'm curious about that too especially now that Hunter and the cardinal can actually share info with one another post Eclipse Lake... I feel Rascal will be the key to Hunter finding out about all the ways Belos has lied to him, because it seems Rascal is pretty wrapped up in this.
7) I was disappointed when Lilith left the owl house, because although she'd been fleshed out a bit I kind of wanted more? Really loved her developing a friendship with Hooty, because I felt Hooty was the only point on which the series had any mean spirit at all and s2 has been much nicer to him. I mean, come on, if you had an awesome magic house you shouldn't treat it like garbage! Respect your demon house
8) Luz is developing. I don't think she'll ever be my fav (I don't mean that in a mean way because I think this is just due to my personal preferences), but I think her writing IS good. I think Luz really makes the show stick together. The episode with her and her mom was really needed, and lots of food for thought.
9) so many hunter theories... honestly i'm entertaining like, 10 different theories about Belos and Hunter right now so while I wish I could put something down here I think there's a LOT of possibilities rn.
seems clear Hunter is probably some kind of clone? if not, definitely a descendant. would love to learn more

hunter isnt even like... an antag that needs redemption to me
he's like one of those "antags" where you just need to save their sorry soul, like you know, an antagonistic magical girl
i mean him and amity are similar in that sense, they don't really read as 'true' antags just fucked up children

hunter isnt even like... an antag that needs redemption to me
he's like one of those "antags" where you just need to save their sorry soul, like you know, an antagonistic magical girl
i mean him and amity are similar in that sense, they don't really read as 'true' antags just fucked up children
ok, last time I'm going to try to talk about this here because I feel bad spamming the thread

but what I mean is, this post: https://sepublic.tumblr.com/post/657522053998608384/its-quite-the-epiphany-that-has
This post really digs into a lot of thoughts I've had on Hunter's role in the story, and his parallelism with Luz (I could even talk a bit more than this piece does about Luz and Hunter's contrasting chosen one narrative. Luz who doesn't feel special, and Hunter who is in the position she 'envies' but it isn't so hot being the chosen one. Eda and Belos actually have a lot of parallels and narrative contrasts as caregivers, too.)

Since Hunter arrived, I've been struck by what a fairytale princess he is!
I kind of think he's the princess to Luz' princely protagonist kind of role. Sort of playing with gender roles here.
We do see someone who's like a proto-Hunter in the original pilot, and I think current Hunter is an expansion on that concept... But the piece I linked talks about that, and all the points I'd like to talk about.

I really do feel like Hunter is essentially a dark magical girl / princess. Even the framing of him in the window really implies that... Bird in a gilded cage. Such a classic frame in so many Disney and fairytale works.

Last edited:
ok, last time I'm going to try to talk about this here because I feel bad spamming the thread

but what I mean is, this post: https://sepublic.tumblr.com/post/657522053998608384/its-quite-the-epiphany-that-has
This post really digs into a lot of thoughts I've had on Hunter's role in the story, and his parallelism with Luz (I could even talk a bit more than this piece does about Luz and Hunter's contrasting chosen one narrative. Luz who doesn't feel special, and Hunter who is in the position she 'envies' but it isn't so hot being the chosen one. Eda and Belos actually have a lot of parallels and narrative contrasts as caregivers, too.)

Since Hunter arrived, I've been struck by what a fairytale princess he is!
I kind of think he's the princess to Luz' princely protagonist kind of role. Sort of playing with gender roles here.
We do see someone who's like a proto-Hunter in the original pilot, and I think current Hunter is an expansion on that concept... But the piece I linked talks about that, and all the points I'd like to talk about.

I really do feel like Hunter is essentially a dark magical girl / princess. Even the framing of him in the window really implies that... Bird in a gilded cage. Such a classic frame in so many Disney and fairytale works.
Well, now I gotta post this.
Untitled754_20210719140555.png

i wanted to make a masterpost of animatics i'd found under spoiler tags but you can only include 5 pieces of media. so uh
here, this luz + hunter animatic is quite good

i've noticed hunter gets quite a lot of amazing animatics, and lumity does too, but it's a bit harder to find eda+lilith animatics. i think it's because people are afraid/nervous to draw old people.

surprisingly, king gets very few. i guess because he's a bit overshadowed? too bad, love the little guy

this is why i really love both hunter and amity. workaholics with family issues who want to die.

this is a two for one. the first half is a nice hunter animatic and the second is an amazing clawthorne sisters animatic. it's so good i wish it was a full animatic, because life's too short is of course... their ideal song lol

i wanted to make a masterpost of animatics i'd found under spoiler tags but you can only include 5 pieces of media. so uh
Animatics you say? I happen to know a few of those myself...pretty much all shipping related, because I'm a sap.

You know, if you'd like a place a touch more active to talk about the show, I know a pretty good Discord server. I could ask the boss to invite you to join.

Last edited:
lol
hunter is like. the mildest antagonist in the world. he's just an abused kid
i'm sorry, won't take this slander from an amity fan lol
i love amity too but theyre not that different
Moving this over here as to not drag the DAT thread off topic.

Anyway, that "mild antagonist" threatened to go after Amity's friends and girlfriend if she didn't give up that key. That is just a lowdown move no matter how rough his backstory is. And let's not forget when he dangled Luz and Eda above scalding water, kidnapped Palismens to feed Belos, seriously thought about lasering Luz in the face...

Last edited:
Moving this over here as to not drag the DAT thread off topic.

Anyway, that "mild antagonist" threatened to go after Amity's friends and girlfriend if she didn't give up that key. That is just a lowdown move no matter how rough his backstory is. And let's not forget when he dangled Luz and Eda above scalding water, kidnapped Palismens to feed Belos, seriously thought about lasering Luz in the face...
Lol yes that is very mild antagonist behaviour.

Amity almost fucked up Willow's mind forever to hide some embarrassing memories and some bad shit she did. She could've left Willow braindead and with large chunks of her mind missing! She bullied Willow for years. She was a total asshole in the first few episodes she appeared. Abusive parents? Who cares! She didn't have to go out of her way to bully Willow! Bastard child!

Meanwhile my boy Hunter just wants to make his dying uncle proud of him by combatting criminals :p

Like. let's be real. It's a cartoon. Nothing is 1:1 as serious as it really is. Hunter is a VERY mild antagonist. He lets the palisman go. He has moments of sympathy for the protagonists. He immediately opens up about his backstory to Luz.

Just like the fact Amity leaving Willow as a vegetable for the rest of her life didn't happen and rather was meant to provide insight into Amity's behaviour, the crate of palismen Luz wanted to protect didn't get eaten. And tbh, of course Hunter can't be any other way... He's literally raised as a child soldier. 'No matter how rough his backstory is'... well. uh. how would he make any other decision, actually. His one guardian is the most powerful dude in the Boiling Isles.

I think the fact of the matter is you just don't like Hunter very much, not that Hunter is an 'especially evil antagonist', which fair enough. But don't randomly bring it up on my avatar in an unrelated discussion.

I mean, like, putting all the fictional context aside real child soldiers exist. I dearly hope you wouldn't say 'well they made their choices' when usually it's adults who force them into those positions. Or real abused kids who have bad behaviours because they learned them in a shitty environment.

With fiction, everything is heightened 100%. It's not just your abusive parent, your abusive parent is also an evil emperor with a magical curse. With fiction, it's not just cutting ties with a friend, it's fucking with their mind because you want certain memories between you to be forgotten.

I'm not especially bothered by my character avatar being a shitty person. I love plenty of shitty characters. But somehow I don't think if I put Gendo or Oberstein as my avatar, we'd be having this convo. Hunter is a kid who needs to be adopted and given a hug, if I'm real. He's probably one of the most benign characters I love with my whole heart and soul.

Actually, putting aside any other discussions and focusing more on Hunter meta, I was reflecting how solidly he fits into the dark magical girl archetype recently. Even moreso than Amity even archetypically, because he's the dragon to the big bad who craves parental approval!

BqIdo0r.png

6gnTc1a.png

my favourite woobie

I mean, like, putting all the fictional context aside real child soldiers exist. I dearly hope you wouldn't say 'well they made their choices' when usually it's adults who force them into those positions. Or real abused kids who have bad behaviours because they learned them in a shitty environment.

With fiction, everything is heightened 100%. It's not just your abusive parent, your abusive parent is also an evil emperor with a magical curse. With fiction, it's not just cutting ties with a friend, it's fucking with their mind because you want certain memories between you to be forgotten.

I'm not especially bothered by my character avatar being a shitty person. I love plenty of shitty characters. But somehow I don't think if I put Gendo or Oberstein as my avatar, we'd be having this convo. Hunter is a kid who needs to be adopted and given a hug, if I'm real. He's probably one of the most benign characters I love with my whole heart and soul.

I really do respect the hunter love dude.

I always think putting things in starkly black and white terms is silly. Hunter's such a morally grey character in the show, you don't always have to agree with the actions of a character but the most important thing is I have a good empathetic understanding of where he's exactly coming from. Over the years of my life, I've learned to examine the root causes of problems much closer than purely being reactionary and taking something at just face value. He's got some of the most interesting character conflicts to me by far, willing to pretty much go as far as actually reject his old man's wishes about using wild magic to help him out. His betrayals cut me deep but at the same it makes him far more interesting as a character in his route to developing slowly over time. I've got the most complicated feelings over his character in this show, and that's great, it only makes me want to see him improve as a person even more. Honestly, everyone under Belos is kind of dysfunctional, Lilith was no saint either cursing Eda.

Last edited:
I really do respect the hunter love dude.

I always think putting things in starkly black and white terms is silly. Hunter's such a morally grey character in the show, you don't always have to agree with the actions of a character but the most important thing is I have a good empathetic understanding of where he's exactly coming from. Over the years of my life, I've learned to examine the root causes of problems much closer than purely being reactionary and taking something at just face value. He's got some of the most interesting character conflicts to me by far, willing to pretty much go as far as actually reject his old man's wishes about using wild magic to help him out. His betrayals cut me deep but at the same it makes him far more interesting as a character in his route to developing slowly over time. I've got the most complicated feelings over his character in this show, and that's great, it only makes me want to see him improve as a person even more. Honestly, everyone under Belos is kind of dysfunctional, Lilith was no saint either cursing Eda.
I'm glad you appreciate the love. Lol. I always like when peopel go up to bat for characters too... I just love. when people love characters dearly.

But yeah, I get it... Eclipse Lake hurts! It would be better for both him and everyone else for that to have gone a different way.

Like with Hunter I get where he's coming from. His life is pretty shit! And the Emperor's Coven is LITERALLY all he has.
Amity's promise looks great on paper right? Some people won't make you feel worthless. Of course it would be better for both him and everyone else if he took it. Rascal (his literal fucking guardian angel) is encouraging him to make that choice too - Rascal knows the coven isn't good for either of them. Rascal actually pulls him into the path of Eda and Amity (I have theories lol). But the thing is, we see that Rascal is the first person to stay with Hunter NO MATTER WHAT. Rascal isn't encouraging Hunter to fight Amity, but at the same time... when King is about to hurt Hunter, Rascal steps in. Rascal is the first person to give Hunter 'unconditional love'.

Hunter's relationship with Belos is pretty conditional - do what I want or you're worthless Hunter. Listen to what I say, don't step out of line, and you'll get your rewards. Very hot and cold. It's fascinating in Eclipse Lake, because Belos says one thing - but we as an audience go, what did he really mean? And it's obvious that despite Belos' sweet smile, Hunter knows there's a double layered meaning to his words - mind games aren't an unfamiliar thing for him. So, who knows what Belos meant? Well clearly Hunter doesn't. You've got a pretty messed up situation where Hunter is going against Belos' orders to make Belos happy and to be in Belos' good graces.

The Emperor's coven fascinates me in general, because it's such a mess of toxic familial dynamics layered in structure: the dad everyone wants to please. And pretty much all of the Emperor's coven's highest ranking officials are people who DESPERATELY seek approval from Belos. Lilith and her mommy issues. Kikimora is obvious. Hunter is literally his ward.

Now, Amity's words 'look good' on paper, but what does this mean to Hunter, whose whole life has been spent in the Emperor's Coven, whose room and all his magical powers (prior to Rascal giving him magic separate from his uncle) are located in the coven. Like, Hunter is used to mindgames. Lilith, a full blown adult with mommy issues, resents him for being Belos' right hand man. Kikimora tries to kill him for his position. Hunter is SURROUNDED by backstabbers who will say what they want to get what they need to 'use' from him. Hunter is surrounded by adults who resent him and his position and want to see him fail. Considering all that, he's a surprisingly soft boy.

Now, let's think on Lilith: Lilith has a full blown family! Lilith went to school! Lilith has places she can return to! She has a mom she can move back in with! Hunter didn't go to school (how could he? he doesn't have magic). Hunter only has one family member - the 'one person who thinks he's special'. Hunter (before Hunting Palisman) had NO way to defend himself without artificial magic supplied by his uncle. I actually consider Lilith more morally dubious than Hunter (given like... stuff, especially considering she has an elment of choice) but of course I love Lilith too lol. Heck, I love Kikimora. I'm loving all the Emperor's Coven.

There's also this whole heavily implied to be even physically abusive dynamic, with Belos stopping short of cutting Hunter right where his previous scar is, Hunter looking like SHIT (like, missing teeth, ear notch, scar, and other scars can be noted in crew drawings). "Beat-up blonde" indeed. I admit. I take one look at Hunter and I'm like how could I NOT want him to thrive and be happy. Kid's seen some shit.

But anyway, in Eclipse Lake what does Hunter have? Words from Amity. What do those mean? See the thing about living in a horrible position is you become aware of this: the position is horrible, but it could always get worse. You know life is horrible. And you know it can get worse and then you can also have nowhere to return to after. Sometimes you stick with the horribleness you're familiar with - because it's safer to navigate. You at least KNOW what horrible things await you in familiarity, and you know what comforts await you in that familiarity. So with Amity, Hunter sees his chance and returns to what he knows. And to be fair, Amity IS his enemy. They had a small heart to heart but giving up your whole life for someone who doesn't really seem to like you all that much is a big deal - where would Hunter even GO? Hunter isn't without sympathy, but he operates off the basis everything is conditional. Hunter would literally rather die, dig his grave than go back empty-handed.

Of course I think the fact Belos is clearly lying about shit to Hunter is going to catch up with him (we can see some inconsistencies in both what Hunter and Belos say), Hunter's bond with Rascal, the fact Hunter is probably more of an 'ingredient' in the plan than actually necessary, etc. I just hope Hunter gets therapy.

Also I do have a pet theory Hunter will be adopted by Eda, but honestly it's so... catered to my interests. But he does share the Clawthorne family theme of having a bird palisman, and Eda is upset about empty nest syndrome and she does have a theme around taking in wayward strays. Also it's clear to me, Lilith's whole resentment of 'brat' Hunter is built up in this image of Hunter being a 'young prodigy who surpasses her like her younger sister for mom's attention' - there's a few links to Eda. But more prominently, Eda and Belos actually have a TON of parallels. There's mirrored scenes of Belos chewing out Hunter versus Eda being great to Luz, and both of them dealing with their curses in a different manner, and similar colour themes even.

Ah I guess all this is to say: I agree! I mean... I think Eclipse Lake is an episode that further solidifies my love for Hunter because it just MAKES SENSE. A lot of arcs move so quickly it doesn't really feel like the character is processing what is happening to them. We've all seen a character switch alliances in one or two episodes. But all of Hunter's backstabs, desperation, conditions, warped way of viewing interactions make perfect sense given the context of his character. It's not like he really has a big reason to trust them, and this is his WHOLE LIFE. Eclipse Lake made me love him more for this very reason... I guess because I find him to be a fairly realistic view of someone who is attached to someone who is using them, for a show about witches and magic.

Like, Hunter is really a character I could write an essay about. And I kind of did above. But even that was me cutting myself short, if I'm honest.

And part of it is probably because he's one of the characters I care most about in a long time where I think there's a shot he could actually get a happy ending lolllll. I'll be honest and say his particular mental health struggles around... a lot of stuff really speak to me on a personal level so that's part of my investment. And I hope I'm right! I want him to be happy!

zhqV4sN.png

Lol yes that is very mild antagonist behaviour.

Amity almost fucked up Willow's mind forever to hide some embarrassing memories and some bad shit she did. She could've left Willow braindead and with large chunks of her mind missing! She bullied Willow for years. She was a total asshole in the first few episodes she appeared. Abusive parents? Who cares! She didn't have to go out of her way to bully Willow! Bastard child!
Yes, Amity was a tool the first couple times she appeared. Point is, she got better and it was believable. They tried to force-feed me Hunter redemption in one episode, and I did not buy it. Because in the very next episode, like I said, he threatened to go after people she cares about to get what he wants. That'd be like Amity going back to bullying Luz after Grom. She quite literally extended the hand of redemption to him, and he rejected it for his own selfish gain.

Like. let's be real. It's a cartoon. Nothing is 1:1 as serious as it really is. Hunter is a VERY mild antagonist. He lets the palisman go. He has moments of sympathy for the protagonists. He immediately opens up about his backstory to Luz.
Let's be real: If Luz hadn't snuck in to talk to the Palismens, he delivers them while quite literally whistling a jaunty tune.

Just like the fact Amity leaving Willow as a vegetable for the rest of her life didn't happen and rather was meant to provide insight into Amity's behaviour, the crate of palismen Luz wanted to protect didn't get eaten. And tbh, of course Hunter can't be any other way... He's literally raised as a child soldier. 'No matter how rough his backstory is'... well. uh. how would he make any other decision, actually. His one guardian is the most powerful dude in the Boiling Isles.
You keep bringing up the memory thing like it relates. Amity immediately knew she fucked up and tried to fix it. Hunter would have happily fed Beakface a Palismen buffet if Luz wasn't there. So no, this does not relate.

I think the fact of the matter is you just don't like Hunter very much, not that Hunter is an 'especially evil antagonist', which fair enough. But don't randomly bring it up on my avatar in an unrelated discussion.
Oh, I liked Hunter. As a villain. But then they try and sell me that he's just some hurt kid, and I do not buy it one bit. Him using Amity's fear over hurting her friends like that proves he's a bad person deep down.

Back