The Lucia Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

interregnum

Shall we play a game?

Yes, apparently. Or so I've been assured.

This is a thread for what I have decided to call "The Lucia Puzzle," because when the person who wants the thread is too much of a newbie to have sussed out how to create a thread, the generous and gallant fellow who rides to the rescue gets to pick the name.

FOR DISCUSSION OF ALL ASPECTS OF THE FORTHCOMING GAME BY @LVC1A

1. concept art of the Colossus of Rhodes
2. painting of King Solomon and the baby he suggests be cut in half
3. photo of night sky w/Venus in it (as the "morningstar"?)
4. (fake?) painting of a bell tower (Le clocher de Ria)
5. photo portrait of Isidor Trauzl
6. photo of triple crown-winning racehorse Justify
7. artwork of moon/planet from Smashing Pumpkins album
8. icon of St. Paul of Thebes
9. logo of rock band Weezer
10. photo of the planet Jupiter (maybe the "great red spot" specifically)
11. traditional drawing of Emperor Go-Shirakawa of Japan

puns/wordplay
CLU
Greek mythology
TIME
Jenny (see also (maybe): basis for Jenny Elf)
V=U (...sometimes)
alignment
l...i...e...s
LV=55
  1. ABCDEFGHI
  2. JKLMNOPQR
  3. STUVWXXYZ
mirrors? maybe?
magic? or maybe misdirection?

11 = 1 + 1 = 2

everything matters
but it doesn't all matter to everything
>>>>>>>>>>>>>timing is everything

what is
and what is not
meant to be relevant?

past becomes present
present becomes future
future becomes past

the picture will become clearer
after it becomes a blur
but
you have to see it
too believe it
you have to

brackets (meaningful? a flourish?)
>>>>>per Lucia: "brackets have always been in play"

TWINS -> 55 and 11

hi
my name is lucia
i'm here for the boy who cried wolf
=55=
i see [ u ]​
(a picture of spray painting anime girl but two of them next to each other?)
RR [R] RR (that's under the pictures)​
1:123456789
2:123456789
3:123456789​
11/9​
FOX
SIX​
Song 17
on a Bright and blissful Thursday
a Strange man took my hand
he said, "my lass, would you Fancy a dance,
and mayhaps be a True Love of mine?"

[9] is [444]
(picture of a typewriter? but from an anime?)
=XX=​

incursions (see: New Avengers (Illuminati))
parallel worlds (maybe rifts in space/time--a la BioShock Infinite)
aritificial intelligence? (Shodan)
Padre Pio--AND/OR--bilocation?
LV is 222???
"i is u" 12-shift cipher

A and E

"following" (a couple of song references)

#TheDreadWolfRises (?) and other looming (gaming) figures (Songbird, Reapers, GlaDOS)

Last edited:
hi

my name is lucia

i am here for the boy who cried wolf

i have a game for [ u ] to play

but you can play too

RVLES OF THE GAME
  1. all riddles will be found on LVC1A's profile page only
  2. correct answers will get you a clue
  3. wrong answers will get you nothing (you lose that clue forever oh no!!)
  4. you must show all work in this thread
  5. that means no secret meetings i can't see~
  6. there is no time limit for your answers
  7. buuuuuuttt there is a limit (haha)
  8. no windmills
  9. i will only accept answers from [ u ]

now if you're ready to play just step through the door

don't mind the clutter~

just keep going down until you find your riddle

see you there!

=55=

Last edited:
@LVC1A Just for clarification is the riddle in your bio? Cos you are all kinds of crazy cryptic! :@_@:
T'is fun though.
I'm 90% sure it's the bit under the "dearest of all my friends" section. Because it's the stuff on that page that I've never seen before I clicked over through the creepy, creepy owl door that will probably haunt my nightmares. (Thanks for that, by the way.) Even earlier today I hadn't seen it.

Then again, earlier today I was 90% sure I had matching socks and that didn't pan out, so...yes, clarification. Probably the smart move.

I'm 90% sure it's the bit under the "dearest of all my friends" section. Because it's the stuff on that page that I've never seen before I clicked over through the creepy, creepy owl door that will probably haunt my nightmares. (Thanks for that, by the way.) Even earlier today I hadn't seen it.

Then again, earlier today I was 90% sure I had matching socks and that didn't pan out, so...yes, clarification. Probably the smart move.
Oki, that's a start. Thanks.
I like the owl door, it's fitting. As I was clicked this rhyme was going through my head from an old Irish kids show from '80s. Looking back it really was a weird show, probably wound't be allowed air now but seems fitting all the same.....

Grand so. And the music link?
for fun~
or is it?

weezer-logo.png

There's always an exception to the rvle.

Last edited:
So this thread is basically a place to put what you think might be clue's to solving the riddle for feedback etc? I have an idea to put out there for what I think the answer may be for feedback from others, but I want to make sure this is what's intended here.

Ok, so I'll just lay out what I'm currently thinking then.

It's a $20 bank note from Australia. John Flynn is the man on it and he died in New South Whales. New South Whales state bird is the kookaburra, which is the 3rd bird. That's the immediate connection, but perhaps it's too obvious? I always second guess my self on these things. =P

Ok, so I'll just lay out what I'm currently thinking then.

It's a $20 bank note from Australia. John Flynn is the man on it and he died in New South Whales. New South Whales state bird is the kookaburra, which is the 3rd bird. That's the immediate connection, but perhaps it's too obvious? I always second guess my self on these things. =P
I like that you having done all that research still qualifies that answer to be "too obvious."

I didn't do nearly so much sleuthing. The reverse image search gave me that the birds were a black bird (there seems to be some confusion over which, exactly), a meadowlark, and--as you have rightly noted--a kookaburra. And, given the Australian currency, the kookaburra is a great choice. Because it is apparently an Australian bird as well as the subject of a kid's song. (Who knew?)

But I'm also with your doubt: is that the riddle? A couple of reverse image searches?

I'm going to mull this one over a bit more and maybe a couple of other people will jump in, too, if they have thoughts.

And consider "que sera Sera." She used it to double as the phrase and a hint at "Sera," the character from a game she's linked a song from. Above, she called it "good advice." I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually a hint to help us find the field of play, when it comes to her riddling.

I never seen the mv for that song. I feel like the video doesn't go with the song though, just doesn't match
It really doesn't. And the fact that Adam Goldberg is in it is...man, the past was weird.

But also useful for teasing my theory: Sixpence None the Richer.

Not, the band is not my theory. I mean, given enough time, I will absolutely come up with a way to tie the drummer to an online Formula 1 blog called "Meadowlark Thunder!!!"--but I don't think we'll need to go that route, here.

The "que sera Sera" line is a play on words. It's a play on words that a Dragon Age fan (like I am) would get. Or, actually, a Gears of War fan would get...or a fan Mexican bossa nova musician Jose Jose would get. Or--okay, I'm starting to lose faith in this theory. Let me move on before I wind up deleting this.

Okay, so, the reason I knew initially that it was this very specific play on words was because Lucia had used it before when she was trying to get me to play along with her riddle game. She wound up linking "Sera" to a Dragon Age song. (She knows I'm a fan, presumably from reading the full breadth of my backlog of posts (like some people have, looking for clues...@Syella), and this was a way to lure me in--because the game was originally aimed just at me.) So when she repeated it...it got me thinking about a play on words.

It's an Australian $20. As a not-Australian, it's a foreign piece of currency. Specifically, a foreign $20.

Foreign twenty. Say it slowly: for-n-twenty. Or: four and twenty.

Sing a song of sixpence
a pocket full of rye
four and twenty BLACKBIRDS
baked in a pie

Choice A is (according to the reverse image search...and a little extra clicking around) a blackbird.

Which makes current thinking:

A) a play on words
B) so far no one thinks it's the answer
C) Australian bucks, Australian bird

So: crazy? crazy like a fox?

Ha! I like that. It hadn't even occurred to me that the game being targeted means the clue's likely would be as well. I think this makes more sense than what I proposed.
Okay, good, so it doesn't sound insane. Or, like, completely insane.

Everyone sleep on it, and we'll answer officially tomorrow. Unless someone has an amazing new theory, and then we'll go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back