The Genius Prince's Guide To Raising a Nation Out of Debt

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Jan 31, 2021
    Thrawn likes this.
  2. RogueLynx

RogueLynx Well-Known Member

Thrawn likes this.
  3. Windyxii

Windyxii Active Member

Cover looks good yes yes, straight to the listt

4. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 10, 2021
    [​IMG]

RogueLynx likes this.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Sep 14, 2021

6. Vuh

Vuh Gold Supporter

Posted by Vuh on Sep 14, 2021
    Ah, we've gone from wish fulfillment for weebs to wish fulfillment for the government of Japan. I dig it.

RogueLynx likes this.
  7. AgentAndrew0

AgentAndrew0 Member

A premise thankfully not marred by freaking Isekai again

apoc9 and TheNuisance1 like this.
  8. ChilledOtaku

ChilledOtaku New Member

Another one added to my 2022 watchlist. :)

9. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 1:

I'm not really into this whole fantasy political anime thing but I decided to give this a shot. The first episode is kinda...eh. I guess the series running gag will be the prince trying to mess up on purpose or something but always get the opposite result and drive himself into some corner. I could see the show running that into the ground. I'll give it three episodes as usual.

TheNuisance1 and AgentAndrew0 like this.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  10. AgentAndrew0

AgentAndrew0 Member

That has got to be the worst anime OP I’ve seen in a while. Pretty much every shot is a close-up of a person’s face either talking or staying still. It also looks like close to 100% of the shots are taken from the actual show and not made for the intro.

TheNuisance1 likes this.
  11. AgentAndrew0

AgentAndrew0 Member

The show says the protagonist is lazy but they're learned enough to exposition dump, spoken enough to make speeches, clever enough to do politics, and good at commanding an army so they're doing a very bad job of showing it. Kind've defeats the premise. Just making a snarky remark after doing a job well doesn't make him seem lazy.

logan235 and TheNuisance1 like this.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  12. AgentAndrew0

AgentAndrew0 Member

Guess the animators weren't payed enough to make armies have cavalry.

TheNuisance1 likes this.
  13. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 1 in a nutshell.
    [​IMG]

14. TheNuisance1

TheNuisance1 Active Member

Episode 1 got pretty drowsy for me to continue like I just found the story to be bleak but the girls look adorable tho!

15. Littlesilverwolf

Littlesilverwolf New Member

Not as great I expected... The op is quite badly made. I like the novel more.

But I like the nyah.

16. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 2:

I guess you're automatically a genius prince if your enemies are dumb as a bag of bricks and can't do basic warfare right and are also cartoonishly evil. Still, this is still an entertaining watch though I hope he struggles a bit in later episodes. One-sided fights get boring fast.

17. randomredneck

Episode 2.
    Dang.
    I thought he was just gonna be "Lol, goofy protagonist wants to lose" guy. But he's kind of stone cold. They insult his waifu, and he sends him a dude's head before cutting the general in half. Homeboy ain't nothing to fuck with.

RogueLynx likes this.
  18. apoc9

apoc9 Well-Known Member

Posted by apoc9 on Jan 19, 2022
    After watching the second episode the series is bit more enjoyable "realist kingdom" anime.

19. redoverthebed

redoverthebed New Member

I've incredibly impressed by how they've managed to use things like the army-models as props to effectively (presumably) cut down on more expensive animation.

I hear this is fast paced compared to the light novels, but its pace it something I've enjoyed a lot.

randomredneck likes this.
  20. randomredneck

Yeah, I like that too. A unique way to do things instead of your typical cheap looking army of identical CG mooks.