The Gamer

Z

zetsubou666

Loving this series right now just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of it but it is quite the rising star on manga sites right now. With full coloured pages and loads of gaming references I have nothing but love for it myself and I know a lot of people on here love gaming so I hope you enjoy if you haven't heard of it already. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is pretty cool thus far. It seems to be heading in the right direction in my opinion. The weekly updates are a huge plus too.

caught up with it
Pretty awesome indeed, now i know why my friends love it :D
The game concept is really unique and cool

+ shinsul and his clan/family jaw dropping reactions are awesome to see every time :megusta:
(+ his sis is such a hottie :megusta: )

And boi loved extra story at chap 21 end

The Gamer
Jee-Han loves gaming more than anything, but it still comes as a shock when one day, he suddenly acquires a mysterious power that superimposes RPG characteristics onto the real world! Tasks like going to the store for his mother initiate experience-earning quests, and everyone around the boy display levels and stats above their heads. But what starts as a mild curiosity suddenly becomes all the more real, when Jee-Han discovers that there's monsters to be killed, special skills to be earned, and others who have similar abilities!

So at the time of writing, this manhwa is ranked #1 on the site, and seems quite deserving of a high spot in any case.
While I thought the series felt oddly familiar, it doesn't seem like the author/artist has done anything before so I guess it is just about style, a style that is colorful and easy on the eyes, might I add.
The powers in this series are quite similar to in Tower of God(I believe it even references it at one point), but the "ability" of the protagonist makes it incredibly easy to follow right off the bat in a format everyone is probably familiar with: RPG stats.
The concept is intriguing right off the bat, and it takes no time at all to get comfortable with this series, unlike ToG, the series I'll probably compare it to the most for now.
I will heartily recommend this series to anyone.

I am glad to have my empty manhwa slot filled up.

Awesome series, I'd recommend to anybody. Such a nostalgic feeling when reading this if you're familiar with RPG's.

The Gamer
Jee-Han loves gaming more than anything, but it still comes as a shock when one day, he suddenly acquires a mysterious power that superimposes RPG characteristics onto the real world! Tasks like going to the store for his mother initiate experience-earning quests, and everyone around the boy display levels and stats above their heads. But what starts as a mild curiosity suddenly becomes all the more real, when Jee-Han discovers that there's monsters to be killed, special skills to be earned, and others who have similar abilities!

So at the time of writing, this manhwa is ranked #1 on the site, and seems quite deserving of a high spot in any case.
While I thought the series felt oddly familiar, it doesn't seem like the author/artist has done anything before so I guess it is just about style, a style that is colorful and easy on the eyes, might I add.
The powers in this series are quite similar to in Tower of God(I believe it even references it at one point), but the "ability" of the protagonist makes it incredibly easy to follow right off the bat in a format everyone is probably familiar with: RPG stats.
The concept is intriguing right off the bat, and it takes no time at all to get comfortable with this series, unlike ToG, the series I'll probably compare it to the most for now.
I will heartily recommend this series to anyone.

I am glad to have my empty manhwa slot filled up.

^ Very good point *facepalms* sorry I labeled this as a manga in the specific manga when I should have labelled it correctly I apologise about that and thanks for correcting the mistake.

I hope everyone enjoys it regardless.

While i do enjoy this series quite a bit, for it to be rated above ToG is nothing short of a travesty.

ToG? I am probably just being stupid but the only thing that comes to mind is tales of graces.

Chapter 32

Oooooh, looks like we might finally be getting some conflict involving Jae-han! I really hope it does go that way and we finally get to see him in some sort of battle situation, even if someone, or something will likely come along to save the day.

I loved reading this manga because it had almost no conflict to this point. But now shit is getting real. It is for the best and probably appropriately timed.

This was my peaceful read till now... now I have to worry about Jae-han becoming a slave :crying:

I actually really loved the downtime in this manga, i think the world building, characterization and depiction of Jae-han's ability have all been handled really well thus far. But i really do appreciate some conflict here, and i think it's appropriately timed with Jae-han reaching higher levels, and seeing that he's learned a fair bit about not only how his own ability works, but about the people that inhabit the abyss.

Knowing Jae-han, becoming a slave would probably open up a new skill tree :laugh:

I love me some downtime. I feel like it (when used correctly) allows for character growth that is unique and more relatable.

:laugh: that skill tree comment! That could become a funny dream or something for a couple of pages.

Back