The Executioner and Her Way of Life

Episode 8.
Woof, you could tell the animation budget ran low on this one. Reused shots everywhere, lot of offscreen talking,
Akari kicking that dude literally looking like a flipbook image
etc. Yikes.

I like this evil lady though. She's fun.
Some real Nico Robin stuff with the magic strangulation.

Episode 9.
Well, they remembered how to animate this episode. So that's a plus.
You gotta love the Princess. She just keeps showing up out of nowhere, looking to scrap with people. She's like a bad penny that likes to punch people.

In less fun news, that was messed up, man. Using some kid like that, and putting a bomb in there if you try to rescue her. That's twisted, man.

Curious how Akari gets out of this since it seems to be going against her usual knowledge of events.

You gotta love the Princess. She just keeps showing up out of nowhere, looking to scrap with people. She's like a bad penny that likes to punch people.
true ,she's so fun definitely my favorite character . she just wants to throw hands with anything that moves and i can't not love that .
hey ,the budget is back
i like this ''future'' akari WAAAY better than the regressed version

This episode caught me by surprised and really felt messed up. My desire to learn more about a Human Error came true though. I wonder who the Ivory hero is? I suspect it may be Akari and the timeline is messed up if the little girl remembers.

Episode 10.
The fuck, bro.
I thought we were dealing with a basic revenge plot here. Instead we got the unkillable chestburster demon loli from Hell who twists her own head off and smiles the entire time...Goddamn.

it took me too long to figure out that the op is actually in English
rip Manon
i knew something was up with that creepy ass little girl ,but i really didn't expect that she is the human error itself .
now i am interested in this ivory hero , maybe they are the complete concept of time ,since akari is the incomplete one according to flare

This episode caught me by surprised and really felt messed up. My desire to learn more about a Human Error came true though. I wonder who the Ivory hero is? I suspect it may be Akari and the timeline is messed up if the little girl remembers.

IMO the Ivory hero is the other human error "white" who turned an entire continent into salt. Where we saw Flare kill Menou in Akari's flashback before regressing.

My assumption has always been that the human errors were heroes in the past but that due to the nature of the pure concept and the fact that they can't go home, it gives us the answer to the question :"what happens after the hero kills the demon king?"

Based on the dialogue from pandemonium my thought was that he was a hero that was summoned to kill her, but because her concept was more mature than his, he was unable to actually kill her so they resolved to sealing her way instead. It stands to reason he may have been deceived or betrayed if he could not fulfill the purpose he was given and then his strength was such that when his pure concept went out of control it resulted in catastrophic disaster. It also possible they directed him at her to simply "fight fire with fire" and completely used him as menou was being used at the beginning.

From how we've seen that Akari's ability does not have any effect on the powers related to the human errors, i'm just making an assumption that the abilities gain levels as they are used and lower level(less mature pure concepts) can't effect higher level ones. If we put it in game terms, akari's ability is like level 4 while the human errors are level 5 and so her ability can't effect anything higher level than it.

I've been meaning to say this for awhile but I dig that one of the bumper themes sounds like it belongs in Fire Emblem Awakening. And the battle music gives me Madoka Magica vibes.

Just a few more episodes.... Just a few more episodes....
Every single character is a bitch, all enemies are just there to show how "awesome" the generic protagonist is, and the Anime jerks itself off to those facts.

Just a few more episodes.... Just a few more episodes....
Every single character is a bitch, all enemies are just there to show how "awesome" the generic protagonist is, and the Anime jerks itself off to those facts.

Why are you watching it if you hate the characters and just want it to end?

Episode 11.
I am digging how Akari, who I'm guessing is used to being unchallenged, is completely at a loss when something more powerful has her figured out and she can't time freeze her way out of it.

Also, Princess Swole continues to be the best...yeah it didn't work, but it was still awesome how she balled up Psycho Loli like that.

IMO the Ivory hero is the other human error "white" who turned an entire continent into salt. Where we saw Flare kill Menou in Akari's flashback before regressing.
i think the idea of the ivory hero being ''white makes sense considering the name ,way more than my complete ''time'' idea . i do wonder if they became an error trying to go back , since it's mentioned that it was possible this episode , on that note i wonder what that method is , it has to be extramely hard or bullshity because all thoghout the serise it's never presented as an option .
all that time travel had to have some consequences other than the usual pure counsept side effects ,turns out they do
pandemonium is a very good villain , i want that child to DIE

Why are you watching it if you hate the characters and just want it to end?

some peopel cant drop shows midway, i kinda understand it. I rarelly drops, shield hero is one of the worst craps i have seen ina while, almost as bad as SAO war of the underworld and im still watching it.

cant give you a reasonable reason for it. lol

about this show, i really dont get the hate it received, its a lot better them most isekai the only anoying thing is the yuri bait, but dialogues are way above average for anime specially isekai. Decisions and motivations are decently reasonable within the anime context.

just saw the last ep, not a bad close up by any means, i could make some criticis but its was a fair 2.5 to 3.5 stars anime.

Episode 12.
Well, intrigue abounds. Menou is clearly having doubts about killing Akari, Momo is most assuredly not, Flare knows about the time loops, there's a way to kill Akari (Though there's a good chance Psycho Loli is just screwing with her), and Psycho Loli and revealed sister are both back and ready to go nuts on the world.
Here's hoping for a season 2.

3.5 out of 5.

Princess Swole rules.

Surprisingly enough I enjoyed this anime more than I should have. I generally dislike the Yuri genre, but I've noticed that I'm quite drawn to mediocre shows with slight yuri undertones, like Assault Lily. Coincidence? Maybe.

The biggest draw of this anime and the reason why I liked it as much as I did despite the mediocre execution, is because it was very interesting. The world seems large and familiar, but just different enough to be interesting (giant ash sword island, endless fog barrier, etc.). The magic system is unique with lots of variety to the point where they could still show us new things even after these action packed 12 episodes. The governing powers in the world seem oddly chaotic, even though there's order, they often seemed distant to some extent even inside the same factions so you don't really know who to trust. Lastly we have the isekai'd students and the immense impact they had on the world, which we've only seen a small portion of.
Tl;dr I want to find out more about the world and the people in it.

The characters were a bit too cartoony, but likable enough for the most part (even though I disliked Akari's naïve, needy version), the princess often stealing the show. The anime also looked and sounded great, the OP was a banger, but mili songs usually are.

Overall: objectively its probably more mediocre than good, but it left me wanting to see more, to know more which raised it above mediocrity for me. 4/5

The characters were a bit too cartoony, but likable enough for the most part (even though I disliked Akari's naïve, needy version)
I think Akari being cartoony is the point. Like Serious Akari is clearly the real personality, so naturally her cover personality would be this overly bubbly girl personality out of some comedy anime.

This officially takes the spot of Isekai Smartphone as the worst Isekai I've ever seen, and one of the spots, if not THE top spot, of the worst Anime I've ever seen period.
It's not even a generic Isekai, it's a generic Anime overall. Can't believe I picked this over Spy x Family when selecting my seasonal list.
Time I'll never get back, only because I wanted to know how bad it would become... I'd give it 0/5 if I could. I think I rather go back and watch Ex-Arms.

Back