The Executioner and Her Way of Life

So far this is really good. This has potential to be best fantasy adventure of season. It is shame how much hate this has received because what happened in episode 1 and how some people are claiming to be unable to relate with MCs. OP is best of season with Paripi Koumei's OP for sure.

So, of all the characters so far, I like Momo and the Third Princess Ashuna Grisarika the best. The MC's eh, not really doing it for me at the moment. Interesting that the guns are ether powered as well, I mean I guess because the trains are to, it makes sense somewhat? Anyways, not to bad an episode, the fight scene between the princess and Momo were the best of it.

Episode 3.
This does raise the question, doesn't it? Is Akari rewinding time all the time? Who knows how many times on this train she went all rewind and bailed her out. Makes one think, doesn't it? Also, this insane princess is great. And that meat knight thing was cool.

quite satisfaied with the dialogues, momo and the princess banters are aquite above your day to day anime. I even forgot the yuri bait

Episode 5.
So the elderly church leader named after the author of 1984 and who raises kids to be assassins is evil? Color me shocked...

I was hoping her motive would be more grand, you know. You got the power of time in your hands, and she just wants eternal youth? Come on granny, dream bigger!

So the head of the church was behind it all? Can't say I did not see that coming.

And damn Akari is not shy about letting Menou know she wants to check out her interior decorating. Momo is gonna be pissed when she finds out, that is if Ashuna does not woo her first.

This show is pretty fun so far.

Episode 6.
Damn, dude. Shit going off this episode.
So Akari isn't just some clueless isekai victim, she's been through this loop before and keeps her own memory wiped so she can have Menou kill her. That's a twist, ain't it? And then you got Momo just going totally sickhouse on Puff The Not So Magic Dragon and levelling that church like it owed her money, and Princess Swole literally cutting a castle in two with her improbably long magic fire sword thing.

Please sir, I want some more.

what a load of BS, Akari is making no sense
It makes perfect sense?
Akari has been through this before. But the last attempt ended with Menou dying, so she's rewinding it to try and get it right this time. And she's keeping her memory wiped so as to not induce the Observer Effect.

It makes perfect sense?
Akari has been through this before. But the last attempt ended with Menou dying, so she's rewinding it to try and get it right this time. And she's keeping her memory wiped so as to not induce the Observer Effect.
I meant the "I love you, so only you can kill me" part

I meant the "I love you, so only you can kill me" part
Oh...yeah, that is a tad strange. Maybe she knows her power is too dangerous and thinks she needs to die to stop it, and she thinks the only one who should do it is Menou?

at first i kinda hated momo but she has grown on me .kinda like the op , now i actually like the song now ,the visuals still range from actually bad to boring with the exception of this scene with flare holding young Menou

Episode 7.
So naturally after that action filled last episode, nothing much happens here.
Another failed attempt to murder Akari, and whatever the eff was going on at the end with the kid and the iron maiden notwithstanding.

Now that we're over halfway trough the anime I have to say, its pretty interesting, I like how the magic system works (even though it seems a bit random) and the action scenes are fun. Also, I actually like the protag for a change which is a plus. One thing that drags down the show for me however, is Akari. I find her extremely unlikable, even while someone like Momo exists, who kind of grew on me. By unlikable I mean her personality, I do enjoy her as a character, with alter ego popping up at key moments, hinting that she's done this many times before, I just wish it was attached to a less annoying person.

The other big issue in this anime is the same issue I have with most "dark" anime nowadays. Writers need to realize that you can make something dark without making it so obnoxiously edgy, case and point the epilogue of episode 7. We can't just have normal people doing bad things because of their circumstances or ignorance, oh no, we have to have full blown psychopaths who eat kids for breakfast and use puppies as ammunition. Its all too edgy to take seriously.

I'm enjoying this anime very much and the world it has introduced to us. I would like to hear more about the four human great calamities as we heard about the aftermath of the Pandemonium in episode 7. I wonder what the other three might have brought into this world that didn't previously exist.

What's with this season and its tendency to just murder young girls without remorse?
unknown.png

Back