The Eleven Deadly Sins Challenge: Winter 2021

I'm making my first two claims for
Level 1 Explicit Sex (A) - Perfect Blue
Level 1 Food and Beverage (B) - Flavors of Youth
My feed - https://www.anime-planet.com/users/adrianiic/feed?type=anime&feed_type=self
Approved! You now have 2 souls. Please be sure to link to the show as well as your feed, please.

Here is my first claim:

Level 1- Brother Complex or Sister Complex (e)- Ane Log

I will approve it this time but please make sure to mark a show as watching when you start. Approved! You now have 1 soul!

I will approve it this time but please make sure to mark a show as watching when you start. Approved! You now have 1 soul!

Well, the reason why I marked it as watched was because I watched all three episodes in one setting. Typically, I mark a show as "watching" after I begin a series (usually after I watch the first episode or two, though sometimes more) and update every time I watch an episode (or multiple episodes) until I finish the series (in which I change the "watching" status to "watched"). But if I finish the anime in one go (usually if it's a 1 to 3 episode OVA like Ane Log, a short episode series, or a movie) then I skip marking it as watching and automatically mark it as "watched" because it's done so there is no use in marking it as "watching".

Still, I suppose I can kind of understand why you would want me to mark something as watching when I start it. I suppose if I do another 2 or 3 episode OVA (or a short episode series) I can just watch the first episode and then mark it watching, before watching the rest of it. However, it will take me longer to finish it if I do it that way because after I mark my progress on an anime, I have an unwritten rule in which I must watch episodes of at least two other anime before going back to the first one (as for why, I guess it's an Aspergers thing or something. I'm used to doing it that way so I must do it). For example, if you look at my feed you will notice I started Restaurant to Another World, then watched two other anime before watching some more Restaurant to Another world (and yes, I'm doing Restaurant to Another World for this challenge and will claim it when I'm done). Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it with 1 episode OVAs or movies. I guess I could mark it as watching right before I watch it and then change it to watched after I'm done, but.... I don't like doing that. Seeing two entries on the same anime right next to each other on my feed bothers me (again, it's probably my Aspergers). Plus, as I said, I don't like marking things until I've already started watching it (and if I watch something in one go, then I might as well just mark it as watched). To make things even more complicated, one of the movies I'm planning to watch for this challenge is on Netflix. You see I don't watch Netflix on my computer and instead watch it on a TV in another room where I don't have my laptop. Because I'm not using my laptop, I turn it off, and because it's usually very late at night when I watch anime on Netflix, I usually go to bed after watching it; thus it will be hours before I can change it's status. In other words, it's easier to just wait in until I already watched the movie and straight up mark it as watched, instead of marking it as watching, watch the movie, then wait till I wake up (and do whatever else I have to do) before changing it to watched.

I just thought of one more thing: what will I have to do in case of a rewatch? I can't just switch something I've already watched back to watching (it will mess up my "time on anime" progress).

PS: Speaking of feed, do you need me to post mine on here?

Last edited:
Well, the reason why I marked it as watched was because I watched all three episodes in one setting. Typically, I mark a show as "watching" after I begin a series (usually after I watch the first episode or two, though sometimes more) and update every time I watch an episode (or multiple episodes) until I finish the series (in which I change the "watching" status to "watched"). But if I finish the anime in one go (usually if it's a 1 to 3 episode OVA like Ane Log, a short episode series, or a movie) then I skip marking it as watching and automatically mark it as "watched" because it's done so there is no use in marking it as "watching".

Still, I suppose I can kind of understand why you would want me to mark something as watching when I start it. I suppose if I do another 2 or 3 episode OVA (or a short episode series) I can just watch the first episode and then mark it watching, before watching the rest of it. However, it will take me longer to finish it if I do it that way because after I mark my progress on an anime, I have an unwritten rule in which I must watch episodes of at least two other anime before going back to the first one (as for why, I guess it's an Aspergers thing or something. I'm used to doing it that way so I must do it). For example, if you look at my feed you will notice I started Restaurant to Another World, then watched two other anime before watching some more Restaurant to Another world (and yes, I'm doing Restaurant to Another World for this challenge and will claim it when I'm done). Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it with 1 episode OVAs or movies. I guess I could mark it as watching right before I watch it and then change it to watched after I'm done, but.... I don't like doing that. Seeing two entries on the same anime right next to each other on my feed bothers me (again, it's probably my Aspergers). Plus, as I said, I don't like marking things until I've already started watching it (and if I watch something in one go, then I might as well just mark it as watched). To make things even more complicated, one of the movies I'm planning to watch for this challenge is on Netflix. You see I don't watch Netflix on my computer and instead watch it on a TV in another room where I don't have my laptop. Because I'm not using my laptop, I turn it off, and because it's usually very late at night when I watch anime on Netflix, I usually go to bed after watching it; thus it will be hours before I can change it's status. In other words, it's easier to just wait in until I already watched the movie and straight up mark it as watched, instead of marking it as watching, watch the movie, then wait till I wake up (and do whatever else I have to do) before changing it to watched.

I just thought of one more thing: what will I have to do in case of a rewatch? I can't just switch something I've already watched back to watching (it will mess up my "time on anime" progress).

PS: Speaking of feed, do you need me to post mine on here?
One of our rules is that we can see that it was watched this season. Meaning that it has been marked watching and watched in this season. We can usually be a little leiniant with one episode ovas and the like but I dont want to be unfair towards the other players.

For a rewatch the only way I know how to do it is to mark it as watching again and then when you are done you mark it as watched x 2.

Claiming!

Layer 1 - Brother/Sister Complex (e) - My Sister, My Writer special.
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/my-sister-my-writer-my-little-sister-and-i-in-a-virtual-world
llqrUrQ.jpg

0mh1kPO.jpg

Layer 1 - Violence (d) - The Dragon Dentist (2017)
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/the-dragon-dentist-2017
5CMZrs4.jpg
MhyeAOs.jpg

Layer 1 - OP Main Character (g) - That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-ova
sG5kb0Y.jpg

id3FBdl.jpg

Layer 1 - High Stakes Games (f) - Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek.
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/kakurenbo-hide-seek
nbTziYO.jpg

End of Layer 1.

Approved - you now have 10 souls! Welcome to the 2nd level of hell

Back