That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2

Great to hear this, I quite enjoyed the series. I can relate as a writer as to the last transitional choice, from a plot position I understand the need to finish a character arc that was left in the dust. I think people's expectations were higher than what it should have been, I understand why people are upset at the last arc. But to be honest from my perspective I think the last arc couldn't have been written any better without cutting out the whole story arc of Shizu. The only argument I will accept is if someone rewrote the whole arc to include Shizu's backstory. I will not accept judging a writers transition without proper understanding of writing itself. I have excused this writer because I understand the importance of finishing character arcs and it should feel like coming down from a mountain not going higher up the mountain, the next mountain is coming. I understand his style of story telling, I don't think it's as flawed as people think, just not what people expected.
Wow you typed a book LOL

Still mindless but entertaining. I'm not sure this anime rates commenting on, but I'm bored, so I did it. Which was the same thing that motivated me to watch S2E1. #NoRegerts

I'm sort of upset that they gave us quite a touching and definite good-bye scene with the Academy kids in ep.23 of the first season, and this season begins with...
wait, what, he's back in the Academy as if nothing has happened? Yes, I understand that OVAs chronologically ocurred somewhere shortly before ep.23, it makes sense for a side arc, but why start new season also from an earlier timeline point? Or is this retconing, and we are to see yet another 'good-bye' scene? Sigh..
Furthermore, ahem... that 'diplomatic' delegation which
immediately upon arrival starts throwing insults and picking fights Gabiru-style? At least Gabiru, an idiot, was unaware of Rimuru status and powers, but these guys were supposed to have all the necessary knowledge. So are they way dumber than the narcissist halfwit-lizard? Or it's the director who, in order to make things 'lively' for the season opening, and to appease simpletons in the audience, made them behave like morons? Sigh...

So we shall see where this goes :S

Upd.: Oh, I see now that there is a new director. This might affect the show quite a lot indeed...

Last edited:

Man I missed this show's sharp action and animation. This was a nice start.
Idk how I feel about the demon king's subordinates randomly starting a fight though. I'm beginning to think this demon king guy isn't such a competent ruler

Ep 2

I'm glad the word "mundane" was used in this episode because that's how most of this stuff feels with Rimiru executing the task of a great ruler. Initially, it was fun to see him build up a small weak poor goblin village to what it is now, but the ins and outs of that job has become a bore. They need to quickly streamline the focus on some kind of conflict or something if this is gonna be a show I look forward to weekly like I used to, especially with all the strong competition it has this season.

Episode 1
Starts:-quick flashback of season 1 and ova then how life is going now. End:-fight scene also cliffhanger.
Episode 2
starts:- what fight is already over so early. Rimuru's show off then again how life is going some funny scenes. End:- Seems main antagonist for this season from previous season.
So till two episodes nothing happened special but looking forward to next episode and I am sure lots of things is about to happen season 2 is just started.

People say nothing happened but it wasn't boring in my opinion same old show as always, its still nice to watch
Yeah, it wasn't boring but it went by too fast. They're still setting up the plot so I'm sure things are gonna start happening soon.

Wow. they totally messed up the timeline. Don't know which source they're following but the events of the first two episodes are happening before the ending of the first season. I hope they're doing a properly transition towards the events which are yet to come.

GOBTA'S FUCKING DEAD
dsMhOTM.png

Back