That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2: Part II

Ep 6:
Clayman, u dun goofed. Milim will turn you into mincemeat.

Also, ep 6 (NSFM (stupid joke ahead))!:
nKOn6IO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo, we had meeting before meeting... I do like the show, but this season pacing is absolutely amazing, sadly in a wrong way. And there is absolutely no hope for it to get better soon.

Ps. Remind me DBZ -> 5 min to earth destruction, 6 EP later: maybe we should start training before it occurs?

Clayman is a comically evil character and I absolutely hate it. I prefer my villains with more class and tact than that, especially on one's "allies", in front of others you believe to be your allies (or I guess "pawns" in this case. What villain really says that to someone of supposed equal rank to them honestly.

I'm glad this red haired dood's heart is racing at what's to come because mine is not. More meetings probably? At least we were in a new zone this time.

PAPM.gif

Episode 6
Despite all the meetings this season this episode was surprisingly entertaining, perhaps because we got to see some new characters.
This red haired guy seems like he could potentialy add some choas to the plot. And cromwell seems to be searching for a person perhaps he is also reincarnated?

Also veldora's sister is pretty cute so thats cool.

Episode 6:
More talking, but this was more entertaining. New characters that are less predictable than the crew around our slimey boy. Problem the last episodes was, that aside from freshly introduced story beats, everyone already knows how the characters will react to them. Which makes the talks a bit boring.
Funny how everyone looks down on Clayman, like the little grunt he is. He is discarded as a thread, but the new demonlords shown today are, at least currently, a real threat to slimey boy.
Also yeah to casual bisexual character.

I usually avoid these discussions, but... Seriously, who the hell decided to ruin this show with all the talking? No action, no actual progress, not even more movement than sitting down on a chair or standing up from it. Just "story bombardment" (I guess, unless obviously is most of it just useless stuff), no nothing. So far, to the end of the 6th episode, we can sum it up in a single "sentence": 'Blah blah blah...., blah-blah?'.

Nah, I give up. This is just too much to continue, considering there is still that demon lord meeting coming up, meaning more talk and even less action.

This series is really turning into disappointment. This series had some potential when the village was built, I thought he was going to modernize things, but instead everything went again to the direction of oh-so-many isekai with all the magic trash. It's like isekais are using magic to simply patch every plothole. I would really like to see some more science in isekais instead of using magic for everything. This is getting so lame I am very close to pulling the trigger with this one.

Clayman is just like the anime that shares his name, kind of. Lame, boring, stupid, crazy, and an assault on the senses.

Or was that anime called claymore? Clayman? Either way they're both just as forgettable.

Last edited:
This series is really turning into disappointment. This series had some potential when the village was built, I thought he was going to modernize things, but instead everything went again to the direction of oh-so-many isekai with all the magic trash. It's like isekais are using magic to simply patch every plothole. I would really like to see some more science in isekais instead of using magic for everything. This is getting so lame I am very close to pulling the trigger with this one.

I agree. If they twisted the episodes so it started on 6 and ended on 1 then it would have a better build up but now it's just a dissapointment from every time it happens... The episode 1 started with a build up with all the expressions from the main character and it's friends and on episode 5 when moving towards an interaction with enemies but at episode 6 it became just talk with little to satisfying information about the characters and just tactical planning and maybe a but prooving between the "friendly" alies like in episodes 2,3,4.

Last edited:

Clayman is just like the anime that shares his name, kind of. Lame, boring, stupid, crazy, and an assault on the senses.

Or was that anime called claymore? Clayman? Either way they're both just as forgettable.

Maybe not the best character design but not the worst. I'm exited to see his ass kicked.

Episode 6 of them just fucking talking. Jesus Christ do something already

Anyone want to start taking bets on when the action will finally happen?

Anyone want to start taking bets on when the action will finally happen?
I'm guessing next episode they'll prepare for the Walpurgis and then the rest will be filled with introducing every single demon lord and their retainers. Or maybe they'll drag it on for 2 episodes, who knows. After that they should start the action. So my bet is on episode 8 or 9. They have 2 big battles to cover so I doubt they'll add more filler, or at least I hope not...

Any LN readers here? I have a gripe with a seemingly meaningless change they made compared to the manga, and I want to know who to blame.
In the anime they made the mind controlling accessory a loose pendant. In the manga it was an armlet. Now I know this sounds like nitpicking, but consider this... what is implied so far is that the brainwashing is due to that accessory, so in order to stop it we need to remove it. Now, don't you think a loose pendant flailing around her neck is way easier to snatch than an armlet that's tightly connected to her arm? Again, it might seem meaningless, but when the whole plot revolves around getting an accessory off her, I'm pretty sure its better to have an accessory that's hard to remove.

I'm just not sure why the change happened, its definitely not to save money, since I'm pretty sure that drawing and animating a loose pendant is way more difficult and costly, than redesigning a part of her left arm. Was the director trying to be "speshul" or was is a pendant in the LN as well? Even then I'd argue the manga did it better.

Also, another slight change that kind of irked me: The interaction between Frey an Milim wasn't as well executed. Their friendship seemed more genuine in the manga as I recall.

07:
Gobuta is such a chad.
I really love this anime and it is impossible to deny its uniqueness, but I am starting to feel bored. It just looks like that there are way too many unnecessary episodes that make the whole anime kinda… a bit… boring. Hopefully, the future episodes will change my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man its been a drag waiting for the action. I want to see everybody in action. It was great seeing the old Milim again and I want to see what the Demon Diablo can do. Plus everybody has new powers and we only got to see Shion's cooking skill. There is so much potential I'm going to continue but it needs to start with the action.

Episode 7
Its great to see everyone in action and learning about their new unique skills. But this episode certaintly wasn't worth the 6 episode wait.
I hope the next one is better.

Also
ce6758e14dd55c6507b89dab27d8f12d39b09b22713f6d4ee24fcbaad5f57bf3.jpg
DuxAEl7

I'm guessing next episode they'll prepare for the Walpurgis and then the rest will be filled with introducing every single demon lord and their retainers. Or maybe they'll drag it on for 2 episodes, who knows. After that they should start the action. So my bet is on episode 8 or 9. They have 2 big battles to cover so I doubt they'll add more filler, or at least I hope not...

Any LN readers here? I have a gripe with a seemingly meaningless change they made compared to the manga, and I want to know who to blame.
In the anime they made the mind controlling accessory a loose pendant. In the manga it was an armlet. Now I know this sounds like nitpicking, but consider this... what is implied so far is that the brainwashing is due to that accessory, so in order to stop it we need to remove it. Now, don't you think a loose pendant flailing around her neck is way easier to snatch than an armlet that's tightly connected to her arm? Again, it might seem meaningless, but when the whole plot revolves around getting an accessory off her, I'm pretty sure its better to have an accessory that's hard to remove.

I'm just not sure why the change happened, its definitely not to save money, since I'm pretty sure that drawing and animating a loose pendant is way more difficult and costly, than redesigning a part of her left arm. Was the director trying to be "speshul" or was is a pendant in the LN as well? Even then I'd argue the manga did it better.

Also, another slight change that kind of irked me: The interaction between Frey an Milim wasn't as well executed. Their friendship seemed more genuine in the manga as I recall.

I'm up to date on the LN entirely.

It WAS an armlet in the manga and I think was a brooch choker in the LN or possibly an armlet as well. The change was unusual since I always envisioned it as a choker pendant like previously mentioned. I do agree that it looks weird that it's so loose.

Very much agree about Milim and Frey. Frankly it's been an issue since S1 with skipping the Demon Lord meeting after the Orc Lord incident. Both manga and LN especially very show that Frey holds Clayman in disgust and disdain over the stuff with Milim.

... why can white tiger lady fly? Episode was good but that threw me off so hard. She was my favorite of the Beastkateers until that.

Also, I thought Three Beastkateers was Rimuru's joke name for them but apparently the enemies call them that, too?

Medusa lady tho :love:

Back