Television Discussion

Think I might start watching the Watchmen which has been getting rave reviews lately. Although it's interesting to me how the audience rating is so low for this. That's some gigantic polar contrast right there.

Think I might start watching the Watchmen which has been getting rave reviews lately. Although it's interesting to me how the audience rating is so low for this. That's some gigantic polar contrast right there.

Three episodes in and I like the show. However I will freely admit the political message as well as the Lindelof mystery box are turning a lot of people off. The second one is a fair reason to turn the show off, but the first one is something where people that just watched the first episode are missing out. This is a stark criticism of liberal culture where liberals have become the facists they are railing against. It's got more depth and nuance than it is being given credit for.

That being said it isn't nearly as good as the original comic, but man does it get my nerd boner going anyway due to all the references and how it remixes the characters. New Laurie is the fucking bomb. I'm loving what they're doing with Veidt as well.

LT: Frick, I spoiled myself regarding a cartoon I watch...though it's kind of my own fault anyway. Episode has been sitting on my DVR since the 26th and I shouldn't be browsing the TvTropes page for a show I know I'm behind on. Lesson learned there.
Lying ass website. One of them didn't leave the show. Hell, it was the exact opposite.
169f36b7ee726e87441033dea3fb97660e4b8c05.jpg

e79ab8d208f63d60a39884cdba4258b190bc8c73.jpg
So I guess I wasn't spoiled after all. Yay!

Last edited:
Looks like there's another commercial free episode of Mr. Robot next week. I expect something crazy after how these episodes have been (especially last week's, holy shit) and maybe they'll explain some of the stuff that's been teased but not explained yet
like what the heck that light was that Tyrell saw before he died, Whiterose's project, and who the heck the "third one" is supposed to be. However it turns out it's gonna be one hell of a trip.

Three episodes in and I like the show. However I will freely admit the political message as well as the Lindelof mystery box are turning a lot of people off. The second one is a fair reason to turn the show off, but the first one is something where people that just watched the first episode are missing out. This is a stark criticism of liberal culture where liberals have become the facists they are railing against. It's got more depth and nuance than it is being given credit for.

That being said it isn't nearly as good as the original comic, but man does it get my nerd boner going anyway due to all the references and how it remixes the characters. New Laurie is the fucking bomb. I'm loving what they're doing with Veidt as well.
But is the entire plot still revolving around a boring straight couple?

Batman Beyond S2E4 "Lost Soul"

One of my favourite BB episodes featuring an original one-episode-only villain. Terry has to fight his hi-tech suit in this one because it's overtaken by a scientist who had digitized his mind before dying. It's not really that original as a man vs machine plot but the episode has a distant and cold atmosphere with chilly synths while the villain is pretty creepy and reminds me a bit of SHODAN from System Shock.

I also like the idea of Terry having to fight without his suit because the question is raised if the suit makes the man or if it's the other way around. Also, old Bruce handing him his gadget belt and Terry taking Nightwing's mask was just pure fanservice.

Batman Beyond S2E4 "Lost Soul"

One of my favourite BB episodes featuring an original one-episode-only villain. Terry has to fight his hi-tech suit in this one because it's overtaken by a scientist who had digitized his mind before dying. It's not really that original as a man vs machine plot but the episode has a distant and cold atmosphere with chilly synths while the villain is pretty creepy and reminds me a bit of SHODAN from System Shock.

I also like the idea of Terry having to fight without his suit because the question is raised if the suit makes the man or if it's the other way around. Also, old Bruce handing him his gadget belt and Terry taking Nightwing's mask was just pure fanservice.
The way they beat Vance freaked me the eff out as a kid. The whole mental regression into nothing was messed up.

...You couldn't just leave well enough alone, could you Hasbro? Show ended borderline perfectly, and you're already digging up the body and giving it the Teen Titans Go treatment.
Title.jpg

Ugh.

Back