Television Discussion

Russian Doll:

I've watched only the first few episodes of this, and this is pretty much, FUCKING AMAZING. Feels like it's been awhile since I've watched something with a groundhog day loop concept done this well.

It's kind of refreshing for having a female protagonist in her thirties. She's flawed and set in her ways. It's a nice break from the tortured male anti-heroes. Plus, she's pretty damn funny while being an asshole.

I still love that after the second episode she always uses the fire escape because she can't bring herself to use the stairs.

Russian Doll:

I've watched only the first few episodes of this, and this is pretty much, FUCKING AMAZING. Feels like it's been awhile since I've watched something with a groundhog day loop concept done this well.
So glad you’re liking it!

I watched the first episode of The Umbarella Academy - not sure what I think about it. It’s almost like you can tell it’s the brain child of Gerard Way. A little too edgy so far.

...Wait, Gerard Way?

...I mean, whatever. Not like I went through a huge MCR phase as a teenager...or still listen to them today...excuse me, I need to check Netflix for something totally unrelated...stop looking at me.

The e-scooters suddenly reemerged all over town, so I had to re-watch the Halloween South Park episode from the last season. Good stuff.

Deadly Class

Say what you will about it, last week's episode in Vegas where Marcus takes 7 tabs of acid was balls trippingly awesome. The visuals were on point and the art style shifts in the heart of his trip was insanely good.

I got recommended this weird horror cartoon from Argentina called The Kirlian Frequency. It's...weird. Like 8 minutes a pop with this really limited animation style, but for some reason I'm hooked.

Game of Thrones Season 4

On episode 5 and it's some damn good shit. Just seeing the opening brings back memories, and it's just so comforting to see. Been ages since I last finished the 5th book so retreading with the show is a hoot.

Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8: The Mountain and the Viper

Holy shit guy, I forgot the book version so this was a shock.
Mountain just punches his teeth out and they clatter on the ground, strides him and then JAMS his thumbs into Oberyn's eye sockets as he screams and just smashes his head with his thumbs still in there. But the screams... the declaration... shit man, I don't have enough alcohol for this. More might make it worse because that gives you those crazy dreams and you don't want no dreams of this episode.

Eyes are such fragile things, aren't they.

Season 4 is some good shit, and like the last episode the final segment is dope. Really make me wish GRRM would release Winds of Winter before winter takes him.

I guess this would be the right thread to mention this. But I read anime planet as animal planet a minute ago and it got me thinking about a television channel dedicated to anime. I dont know any that exist...

I guess this would be the right thread to mention this. But I read anime planet as animal planet a minute ago and it got me thinking about a television channel dedicated to anime. I dont know any that exist...

There have been several, but they've mostly died out as weebs prefer to watch anime through online services. Anime has gained popularity over the years, but it's still a rather niche hobby. Funimation might still have a premium anime channel that has to be added to your cable subscription.

why get cable just to pay extra for a single channel when that single channel is all your going to watch anyhow? :baka:

I got recommended this weird horror cartoon from Argentina called The Kirlian Frequency. It's...weird. Like 8 minutes a pop with this really limited animation style, but for some reason I'm hooked.

Yeah, the show is very simple, but it has a hypnotic quality and the soundtrack is absolutely killer. I wish there were more than five episodes. Thanks for mentioning this or I might have missed it.

I watched all five episodes at once so it was like watching an hour long anthology film. Each of the stories paint a picture of Kirlian as a place where urban legends live. The way people with personal problems stumble into the place to find death or salvation reminds me a lot of Silent Hill.

Back