Television Discussion

Where did you hear that?!
The official synopsis.
4d51c1e226dbd00e9917c43e63909d3675179f0f.png

It's the old bait and switch.

I really do think there are great ideas out there but they get so often overlooked by what is -supposed- to be the majority interest. I mean, sure, you can pump out the same ol' -and the hero was sent to another world- story, but what about important events going on? With this pandemic and all you'd think people would've tried to expand their horizons, if even by a inch. One of these days I wish to try and make a difference, though I could just be delusionally positive thinking though. Everything starts with a idea, it simply means how determined you are to not be snuffed out in the end. A good balance of 'useful' and 'pays the bills' is always a good way to look at things, but not just random brain candy that pops kappas out of someone's butt and proceeds to sing about god knows what...

I really do think there are great ideas out there but they get so often overlooked by what is -supposed- to be the majority interest. I mean, sure, you can pump out the same ol' -and the hero was sent to another world- story, but what about important events going on? With this pandemic and all you'd think people would've tried to expand their horizons, if even by a inch. One of these days I wish to try and make a difference, though I could just be delusionally positive thinking though. Everything starts with a idea, it simply means how determined you are to not be snuffed out in the end. A good balance of 'useful' and 'pays the bills' is always a good way to look at things, but not just random brain candy that pops kappas out of someone's butt and proceeds to sing about god knows what...

Guess Sarazanmai didn't agree with you, lol. That show is definitely not for everyone, but it was more than just a high anime director pulling a story out of his ass- at least, if you can believe all of the discussion it generated. I personally quite enjoyed it, butt I think it probably had more appeal to Japanese audiences who are familiar and not as put-off by the admittedly rather crude kappa myths.

Guess Sarazanmai didn't agree with you, lol. That show is definitely not for everyone, but it was more than just a high anime director pulling a story out of his ass- at least, if you can believe all of the discussion it generated. I personally quite enjoyed it, butt I think it probably had more appeal to Japanese audiences who are familiar and not as put-off by the admittedly rather crude kappa myths.
lol It's not that I er, wasn't interested it was just when they started singing I was 'nope I'm out' as I was going to tolerate the absurdity and then they started singing. I can't stand musicals for the most part. But give me a few months, I may try it again. I'm one of those people that sometimes has to let a series grow on me before liking even though I may hate it at first. First impressions are not always accurate for me in terms of anime. Like, I never watched ecchi before DxD. It's still a little off putting and I'm not huge into sexual anything, but the story was decent and I could over look the fan service for the most part.

Who knows. I may watch it again with a different tune sometime in the future like I said. Sort of when I first played the game Watch_Dogs. I HATED it at first but it eventually turned out to now be one of my favorites. I can admit there is nothing 'I won't watch' but I'll be damned to not at least try. Like this Redo of Healer anime, I've heard mixed things about it and don't know if I want to get involved but my curiosity will prolly get me to watch it in the end.

I wanted to watch adventure time since from watching it on Cartoon Network I can barely remember anything. Plus now that I look back to it, man was that cartoon weird. I remember looking for that creepy snail every episode. It started all cool and stuff, but then fin lost his arm, and jake died? And fin lived in a pillow world? The creator was totally smoking something when he wrote the script, lol. So I wanted to re-watch it, but stupid Netflix has the 5th season only for some reason. I'll guess ill watch the wonderful world of gumball again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, totally off-topic but, how can the opening song of narcos be so good? I've been listening on repeat all day and I cannot stop.

I wanted to watch adventure time since from watching it on Cartoon Network I can barely remember anything. Plus now that I look back to it, man was that cartoon weird. I remember looking for that creepy snail every episode. It started all cool and stuff, but then fin lost his arm, and jake died? And fin lived in a pillow world? The creator was totally smoking something when he wrote the script, lol. So I wanted to re-watch it, but stupid Netflix has the 5th season only for some reason. I'll guess ill watch the wonderful world of gumball again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, totally off-topic but, how can the opening song of narcos be so good? I've been listening on repeat all day and I cannot stop.
Hulu got the whole show if you wanna keep watching.

But those Distant Land specials are on HBO Max.

Heheheh I know that in every episode of Adventure Time they tried to make a fart joke somewhere.

I'm on episode 6 of Speed Grapher, episode 4 of Ingress, and episode episode 11 of Bakemonogatari and episode 10 of MekakuCity Actors. Not sure what I'll start off with today yet.

Done with S1 of The Boys. The first few episodes really delivered imo with its cynical look at the superhero industry but the second half lost itself in its myriad of half-interesting plot points and characters whenever Homelander wasn't around to do fucked up shit.

Back