Teasing Master Takagi-san 3

Yay, now I have a reason to rewatch season 1 and 2. Love this show so much!

Hopefully more amazing OP and ED

A third season AND a feature film? Takagi-san more than deserves it! She's freakin' awesome.

Episode 1

Wait, did Takagi-san actually LOST to Nishikata? Did the impossible finally happened?

Nah, it was all in her dreams. But I loved how they tied the events from the final episode of Season 2 into the premier of Season 3. And I have those grip-strength exercise equipment and was following along with Takagi-san's rhythm during the first part of the episode.

Overall a great way to start Season 3. This will no doubt be one of my favorite shows of the season.

Ep 1 -
Great episode... I feel like I don't remember much of S1 and S2, have to re-watch now. Hope it keeps up this way...
Superb first episode considering this season anime's start...

Ep 1 -
Great episode... I feel like I don't remember much of S1 and S2, have to re-watch now. Hope it keeps up this way...
Superb first episode considering this season anime's start...

I hot dropped S1, skipped S2 watched THIS episode, and it feels like an episode that could have lead the 1st season, nothing has happened, I don't even watch this show and I can confidently say in light of this season starting, watching any of the prior content is completely unnecessary.

I mean, it's them teasing shows in cute form, why wouldn't i be down for a third season? The element what makes me enjoy this show is that despite Takagi and Nishikata have made little progress (though we have established Takagi is waiting for the day he tells her he likes her over just teasing), that is what works, they sit on the line of friendship of romantic interest without ever jumping into boyfriend/girlfriend, making the enjoyment of their teasing more fun. Sure it's one sided (Nishikata doesn't have a chance, he is useless and dumb as-is but Takagi is a mind reader, That much i am certain of).

Anyways, Episode 1;
It was good as always. The jumping back to the festival was fine but whilst not confusing, it was enough to throw me off for a second. Seeing Takagi say she waits for the day he tells her (confesses) was pretty great though.

But I loved how they tied the events from the final episode of Season 2 into the premier of Season 3.
The back and fourth was off-putting but i do agree, I feel it tied its self to the ending of the second season pretty nicely this way, especially as someone who just re-watched the first 2 seasons could appreciate it a bit more.

But yeah, good start, seems we wont lose our edge on this show still. More of the standard, and that's the best kind!

I really love those kind of comments.

I mean...someone tell me the lie, I went back and watched the 1st episode of S1, and the episode ran parallel to this. They both obviously spent their entire existence thinking about each other and only each other. Nishkata is still either an idiot or a masochist playing like an idiot and actually enjoys being stepped on by his queen.

Only difference is some out of school settings, and flashback hints of mostly uneventful interactions of the past. though the differences can easily be explained through blank filling context. *The start of the 1st season, Nishkata is already obsessed with Takagi the moment we meet him. This implies offscreen interactions had taken place up to that point, enough for both of their worlds to seem to revolve around each other. *No scenes of them together outside of the school can be chalked up no time to fit in such a scene among what was already slotted for the episode, nothing indicates they never meet outside of the school. In general discussions, Nishkata never seemed awkward or shy about talking to Takagi from the 1st moment, so their overall interaction with eachother basically mirrors what it was initially and now.

We get internal dialogue from the chick expressing somewhat a desire for Niskata to tell her the obvious, but without that dialogue I'd assume that much was in her head from episode 1, just based on the fact that in a school setting, an entire episode went by and HE was the only person she talked to......

So please, someone tell me wtf happened in the gap, cause it really REALLY damn sure looks like nothing at all.

Episode 2
Sorry but that first segment was shit! What a waste of time, it was just like watching one of them shitty old loony toons episodes (which i even hated as a child) where nothing happens, no one speaks and they just do dumb shit in a more cartoony fashion. Literally a third of the episode was wasted on this too! If i didn't enjoy the library part so much i would give the episode 1 out of 5 instantly.

Thankfully the library scene was good stuff.
Tagaki went above on beyond here too, the "I love you line" and her comment about not recommending it so he doesn't realise that line was never mentioned, i enjoyed that a lot! Well played.

Episode 2
Sorry but that first segment was shit! What a waste of time, it was just like watching one of them shitty old loony toons episodes (which i even hated as a child) where nothing happens, no one speaks and they just do dumb shit in a more cartoony fashion. Literally a third of the episode was wasted on this too! If i didn't enjoy the library part so much i would give the episode 1 out of 5 instantly.

Aw, I actually liked that part of the episode. I thought it was really cute with the silent motif - reminded me of the short-form show Joshi Kausei.

The library and beach scenes were really good, though.

Okay, caught up to the two-and one-half seasons of Takagi-San outdoing Nishikata in all aspects of life. Embers are kindling, and I wonder ... if Takagi discovers she loves Nishikata ... will she apologize for the personal abuse, or rationalize that her teasing was the equivalent to 'the way to a man's heart'?

The perfect Christmas gift, Takagi allowing Nishikata to 'win.' And leave it to Nishikata's overly analytical mind to snatch the thrill of victory for the agony of defeat (I take Takagi going into spasms over Nishikata's card at the very end of the first season that first big win).

But much is going on in the Christmas episode. Takagi patterning the behavior of Nishikata's favorite manga character. The exchange of the identical Christmas card for the same reason to give something to somebody you love. We are getting close to that 'that's all she wrote' moment. Add an OVA a movie, a special, a movie special ... but season three might be tying up all the loose ends.

Unless season four takes us into the final year of middle school. That would be okay too.

eh...
All/Ep12

Not gonna lie, i didn't enjoy this season that much, whilst it had all the formula of the past seasons and as far as continuity is concerned, sure it nailed it but... i dunno, it felt very repetitive, not so much as in the teasing but the whole episodes, it just felt like i was watching the previous seasons again with a shuffled plot.
Now, this isn't to say it was bad, it just left me feeling a bit bored, or maybe considering some episodes being a little lackluster.

That being said, it did do some good in its time. The relationship develops massively from basic teasing to the point the two might as well be dating, they have numerous moments which leave them indirectly admitting their feelings anyway.
I also enjoyed the ending of them running to one another, only downer was them not confessing, if they threw a kiss scene there i would 10/10 this, i would argue the repetition and development was building to this moment... but alas it didn't happen.
It was still well done though, just wish they finally said the words, especially as its doubtful we will see another season and if we do it will be hard to go from here, they are far too far gone to recover without admitting there is something there, so another season would have to start with them dating in the first episodes which whilst i wouldn't be against, i doubt it would happen, it doesn't fit the tv genre they have delivered, I am aware how the manga develops but unless they OVA it, i can't see that being animated.
Ahem, i got in a ramble there.

Anyways, it would mostly enjoyable but as said it felt a bit the same as before and whilst it does develop a fair bit, it still managed to feel a bit empty too, which was weird.

all in all, it was enjoyable to watch but nothing special.

3.5/5

Back