Talentless Nana

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Guest, Apr 6, 2020.

1. OtomeEnthusiast

OtomeEnthusiast New Member

Dropped this series. Not worth it for me. I actually really liked Nanao.

Madoka likes this.
  2. CrimsonDemon13

CrimsonDemon13 New Member

Ok so, I feel like this show is Among Us in the world of My Hero Academia, with Light and L for main characters :D
    I don't know.. It has some funny and interesting moments, but sometimes it's kinda predictable and boring.. I guess I give it a solid 4, for now..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  3. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

Posted by Nekus on Nov 15, 2020
    Oh come on show. you were low-key one of my favorites of this season... Episode 7 was hella disappointing. There was so much flimsy logic that to go over all of it it would take hours. What a shame.

4. Madoka

Madoka Well-Known Member

Ep 7 - I'm out, this is so dumb i literally feel stressed to watch it!
    i literally can't be bothered, every week i come here and argue how it gets dumber, how each victim gets more stupid but nah, not this week, this episode took the piss. I actually made a vow to myself, if she talked her way out of this i would drop, which granted she tried to and didn't but instead we got more BS logic and 2 more corpse (though 1 was already dead but meh) left for people to speculate about, with of course no idea, good thing Nana has super sights to notice the necklace and back pocket grab whilst being hunted.
    No, gotta stop, i can't be done, just... it's shit. I avoid over use of such language unless expressing points but this is just utter trash!

It had so much potential, i liked the idea of what it wanted to do, but the end product is girl needs to kill 20-30 kids in 12 episodes (one per episode) so we made them suffer from mental issues leaving them all with a negative IQ (if that's possible, this show achieved it) - don't worry, just tell healer girl in the bushes (probably) she was dreaming because that photo, sure she will buy it.

Dropped and couldn't be happier, sick of this ruining Sunday's for me.

RascaI, RavenheartN1Anime and Nekus like this.
  5. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

Posted by Nekus on Nov 15, 2020
    I don't blame you one bit after this episode. I'm gonna stick it out just to see how dumb it gets. I'll let you know.

RascaI, MisterDapper and Madoka like this.
  6. Madoka

Madoka Well-Known Member

haha thanks, honestly i think this is my version of your "The day i became god" (i almost wrote a rant but figured i do it weekly here so couldn't be bothered to do another). It's sad really, i saw this show having amazing potential, it really could of been quite good with some effort but every character and episode feels worse than the last for me so i couldn't take anymore.

RascaI and Nekus like this.
  7. Oh god why is EVERYONE so f*cking stupid?
    Just how unlikable can you make a character when I am rooting for a literal Yuno.

CptMysticStirling, RascaI and Madoka like this.
  8. MisterDapper

MisterDapper Well-Known Member

EP: 7 This show is trash, dropped

RascaI and Madoka like this.
  9. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

VII - Necrophiliacs Anonymous

I wish I could drop this, but along with my OCD not letting me drop anime, I'm in ALG so I double can't drop it. Ah well, at least it never ceases to be entertaining how incredibly braindead this anime is.

Kudos to them actually managing to create a character where I'm forced to actually root for Nana just from their sheer fucked-ness. Well honestly it's more like a presidential election at this point. I literally don't care and hate both of them.

Before I was wishing Nana would take her two-faced government dog self and yeet off a cliff, for crimes against nature not the least of which gravely violates everything Minority Report warns against, but now that she's up against a violent, borderline mentally challenged necrophiliac who routinely desecrates the dead, I can't really help taking nana's side at least somewhat, but I feel like any reasonable person in this situation would try to at least expose someone like that.

[​IMG]
    Apparently girl talk is when you tell your prospective murderer that you stalked a guy, killed him in a fire, and then raped his re-animated corpse every night. This is epic knowledge, I never knew what girl-talk was either.

God damn though, my support for nana wanes whenever she explains her supposed "plans". Yeah right, like you intended to get trapped in the shed. Totally wasn't just blind luck. At this point i'd be surprised if nana can't just fwip her pigtails in a circle and fly up to the stratosphere, and then unload holy missiles from within her dress to blow up everyone on the island using only the power of her humongous brain, merely willing it so.

MisterDapper likes this.
  10. AardvarkRex

AardvarkRex Member

The manga readers claim it gets better after this so I'm going to stick it out in the hope there'll be at least another nifty murder like that of the time traveling fella.

CptMysticStirling and RascaI like this.
  11. CptMysticStirling

CptMysticStirling Active Member

Do notify

12. Friend of mine is a Manga reader as well, he claims it only is downhill after the first death.

Madoka and AardvarkRex like this.
  13. Madoka

Madoka Well-Known Member

He wasn't wrong from my experience, the setup was actually quite good, it felt like a show where it had some good potential, it quickly changed. Shame, i still stand by seeing potential in the show but alas, it had to ensure i was wrong.

14. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

I could say a lot about how dumb this episode but... I think the fact that Nana killed the poison ability user by using poison should be enough.
    I miss the first few episodes... this is now painful to watch.

Madoka and RascaI like this.
  15. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

I thought for sure this wouldn't work, but alas. This show is not especially prone to logic.

VIII - Repeated Witness
    I think the worst thing about this show, as in what hurts it the most narratively, is still Kyouya. He pretends to be some kind of detective but it's almost like he's never even watched a crime show or studied a single page of criminal investigation. Nana isn't at fault, it's not her fault for taking advantage of a bunch of simpletons (narratively). But as a story, they were only written this way because the author didn't know how to work around smart characters as opposition to the MC.

He's always asking the wrong questions. It shouldn't be "where was nana" when these things happen. It should be "why is Nana ALWAYS there to witness it" when these things happen. Why isn't Kyouya the one there? Or... literally anyone else? Also, WHY does NANA always have a PERFECT idea of what happened, when nobody else does? Nana should never ask questions, she should be reading everyone's minds if that's what she can do. But she CAN'T read minds, and that should have been proven by at least Kyouya time and time again. So then why does she both assert things with no evidence, and at the same time, ask questions that she SHOULD know the answer to?

At least he IS asking questions, when nobody else is. But still. These kids are in a sad state that this fuck is the only one trying.

[​IMG]
    NANA, IT IS EPISODE FUCKING EIGHT OF THIS SHIT, DON'T PRETEND TO JUST NOW HAVE AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE AND BE LIKE "shit, this bitch sus. oh wait dat mee?!?!?!"

Bullshit I say.

"His physical and mental fortitude are limitless"
    HAHAHAHAHA
    Oh wait you weren't kidding?
    Let me laugh even harder.

[​IMG]
    BRUH this motherfucker's fibery STOOL would be solid enough to prove you a marauding bitch.

What doesn't make any sense is how he never brought anything like this up until now, to ANYBODY. It's almost like kyouya WANTS more people to die...

Wait...

WAIT.

Okay, I'm going to call something absurdly dumb. But I think there may just be a chance.

Notice how close these two always are in promotional materials. And the fact that this show's already pulled a 180 on us on episode one. Could they end up working together? Could Kyouya be secretly complicit in all of this? I mean we already know the government doesn't tell Nana everything, like that this island has already been used for genocide before, so it's not like it would be out of the question for them to send insurance. And it's not like the government has NEVER employed superpowered individuals to take down other talented's, as we saw in the first few episodes. That would be a hell of a twist. Of course if it were true, it wouldn't make much sense for him to try and expose her NOW when not everybody who can do anything about it is dead, unless he were just about to pull some shit over their eyes that would make them the least suspicious of him.

It might be a stretch, but that may be something interesting to think about.

Madoka and Nekus like this.
  16. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Because whenever anyone presses her on her mind reading not working like it should, she always falls back on the "I can only use it 30% of the time on Tuesdays but probably only if there's a Packers game on that night and the groundhog didn't predict six more weeks of winter that year" kind of excuse that everyone is willing to accept. It's such a dumb out and someone really needs to stretch it till it breaks.

Madoka, RascaI and Nekus like this.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 3:28 PM
  17. puppy0cam

puppy0cam Member

This show is infuriating.
    who wants to bet that she somehow managed to ditch the phone in that time.
    Calling it now, she swapped the sim card to her own phone because the show is that dumb.

RascaI likes this.
  18. Hayane

Hayane Well-Known Member

With episode 8 I have concluded that I can enjoy this show only when I turn off the inner holmes within me.
    I just wanna see one of the sides fucked.

RascaI and Nekus like this.
  19. Millencolin

Millencolin New Member

I'm going to see the season through, but I cannot stand this bitch nana. I don't like her character at all and I'd like her to die already, though being the name of the series lame nana, she won't die, so I can think she will escape suspicion every time and kill people in dumb ways allt he way till the end? Sad , this story is not good at all.

Madoka likes this.