Sword Art Online

the first thing that came to my mind when watching this was; how are they going to take care of their real bodies while stuck in the virtual world? I suppose they are all put in hospitals with IV injections for sustenance, but what about the ppl who live alone like that noob dude? Maybe this form of death was part of the 2000 statistic, although it didnt say...

All perfectly valid points hence why I would not even stay in the starting zone. I say group up, because there's always that ONE mob that will kill you loldead for not paying attention, not resting, or popping a pot to heal. (How many times in an MMO, for those who play mmo's have you found yourself doing a corpse run and thinking "how the fuck I die?")

Of course the whole "no magic" thing could be a double edged sword. No magic means no healers..going to have to rely on potions, first aid and rest. That equals a lot of down time for our hero.

Well yea, forming like a duo is fine, maybe even a trio. But a full blown group grinding monsters usually does not equate to good experience in the long run. Which is why the MC said he was willing to take
Klein alone, and not any of his friends

To me the only merit to bigger groups is if PvP is a big threat in the game.

Or raid bosses.

Well and truth be told, dude did say he was a guild leader in the last game he played. That could mean a whole lot of friends. And from what I understand of the MC, he's a solo gamer that knows how to exploit anyways. So I am settled with him.

I did a little research into this and it gets pretty twisted. And come to find out, this was made before Accel World. Needless to say, the storyline of everything I read was excellent and well worth the wait to watch, now just need to get a hold of the light novels and pray, based on what I read, the studio sticks to the original story and doesn't go overboard!

First episode was pretty good. Out of the few shows I picked up for this season, I think this one might be my favourite. I saw that the Light Novels had been mostly translated, I may pick them up once the show ends.

This show is a metaphor for life. An MMO with no log out button. An eternity of grinding for a few moments of happiness and a hopeful, eventual escape.

;-;

But there's no real escape from the grind of life. When they get out they just go back to grinding, only with fewer literal monsters and more metaphorical ones.

This series is something I really don't even mind waiting for a week for one episode, looks awesome ^^

Well all in all it sounds like a strong series in the making. First ep was good. I mean, the plot is somewhat unoriginal, but the presentation of the anime so far is giving it a fresh look.

So far from my experience, light novels tend to make great animes. Lets see if this holds up.

This show is a metaphor for life. An MMO with no log out button.

If we're going to talk about 'but what does it mean?' it's a series whose premise is people being literally cut off from their life in favour of a virtual one.... in other words addiction or total immersion in a MMO.

^ What if I say that has already been analyzed somewhat realistically in the old Area 88 OVAs?

I never said it was an original idea. As far as anime goes the treatment of the subject in Welcome to the NHK! is pretty definitive for me.

Still, it is a good idea, thematically, to have for a TV show.

Ep. 02

circles.gif

That was flippin' awesome!

We get to meet Asuna, and she's just one badass with that sword.
Kirito also shows his mettle, though I'm not quite sure why he had a sudden personality switch at the end there, other than trying to defuse the situation before it escalated beyond control and PVP started happening.

Not sure why he broke off the party with Asuna either, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if his reasonings get explained, at least a little bit.

Last edited:
I know why Coffee, Kirito is a metagamer asshat. I don't think his plan was to let the raid die. When the boss switched out

He saw a different attack, and he didn't realize it until it was too late.

He did change his tone, because
of what Eibal said to him and to diffuse the situation. He said "This could be bad."

But to be honest, I am not liking him at the moment. I am however giving him a chance to grow. That's how I think this is all going to go down, with him becoming something of someone to look up to eventually.

Back