Summer Wars

qwertyuiopz

trailer: YouTube - [Trailer] Summer Wars (?????) w/ English & Chinese Subtitles

When timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso (Ryunosuke Kamiki) is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki (Nanami Sakuraba) to come with her to her family's Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation. Natsuki's family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era (1336 to 1573), and they've all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That's when Kenji discovers his "summer job" is to pretend to be Natsuki's fiance and dance with her at the birthday celebration. As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki's act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can't resist solving. As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes a bizarre parallel world to collide with Earth, and it's up to Kenji and his new fake family to put reality back in order.

Wooow I'm surprised this topic hasn't been made yet. Its rank 14 on animeplanet yet not many have seen it so hopefully this post will make people watch it. If digimon the movie was part of your childhood I can guarantee you're going to have a nostalgia/dejavu attack, some of the plot and scenes are recycled from it. As much as I want to discuss looks like I'll have to hold it in for now :x

Re: Summer Wars(movie)

Pretty sure there was a thread for this, not to sure on that tho. It was a nice fell-good movie, pretty cliche, but highly entertaining. Nice ending too.

I saw this on a Japan Airlines flight when it had just come out. It's really, really good, and I'm generally pretty hard to please. Lots of fun and pretty interesting in places.

it was a good anime, It was slightly cliche like the above poster said, but it was a great anime. I would recommend it to everyone.

I have yet to see it, but loved Girl Who Leapt, so I better start looking for it. =D

IT was a good movie. The best anime movie I've seen in a long time.

err what part of the movie was cliche?

How many times have we seen a race against a countdown timer. I love those in action movies. They even faked the audience into thinking the timer stopped, which happens a lot in movies.

Even though I read the synopsis, I wasn't prepared enough for how it ended up being. It was a really fun movie though, especially with the humor near the second half into the finale. Full of some nice somber/emotional moments too. I wouldn't mind to watch this again, it really surprised me! :)

I remember, that I watched this in a movie theater as a part of an animation festival. I wasn't prepared for it for sure, even though I read the plot summary. After years the only lingering emotion is that it was an OK movie, but definitely didn't amaze me as much as I expected. Probably wouldn't watch it again, but who knows...

Quite the bizarre movie. I liked it though.
Interesting how this movies themes are even more relevant today than they were when it released in 2009.

Back