Summer 2021 Anime Challenge discussion thread

I watched the Isekai Cheat Magician special awhile back, and really liked it. ^_^ Other than that, so far what I'm watching from this season are the drugstore one, Ore Tsushima, Tsukimichi, and Scarlet Nexus. Some others that I'm interested in are The Case Study of Vanitas, Yoshimaho, Nighthead 2041, Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop, and Misaki no Mayoiga.

So I just finished Episode 2 of Remake our life a few days ago. Now, this show had a double-long first episode so I am working with about an hour's worth of content.

I was not looking forward to this as it had the time travel tag but it seems to be like relife which I enjoyed. It had an interesting start and a hook as well as keeping that tension all the way through the second episode. I am looking forward to seeing where this is going to go.

I am also watching, Drugstore in Another World, How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom, Spirit Chronicles, Slime S2pt2, and the Honor Student at Magic High School.

With Love Live Superstar, I've now started every seasonal that I had on my Want to Watch list. So counting the two Lottery picks, I'm watching 8 seasonals. I might add a few more near the end of the season for Bingo (and maybe Sins if they fit).

This season seems kinda bland so far to me, which is kind of a relief cause I can catch up on the amazing anime from the last seasons this year.

However, I will say I'm loving Obey Me by far, but thats biased since I'm obsessed with the game haha. For new anime I'm considering Uramichi Oniisan, Vanitas no Carte, and Peach Boy Riverside.

Sequels: Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd season part 2, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Sotsu

Quick update on the seasonals so far.

I have been really enjoying Remake our Life! It was my lottery pick and I was unsure about it, but it has been a lot of fun to watch!

Drugstore in another World is only ok so far. I tend not to be a fan of shoes with little skit-type segments.

Realist Hero has been a blast. I am looking forward to the 4th episode!

Spirit Chronicles has had a promising first few episodes. I look forward to the ep that airs tonight

Slime 2 pt 2. It is slime what did I expect. Loving it!

Honor Student is exactly what I wanted. I loved the Original series and everything after it!

My thoughts so far on the seasonal shows that I'm watching-

Drugstore in Another World: I didn't think I would care for it that much, but it's been pretty good so far.

Scarlet Nexus: Confusing as heck, but I somehow find it interesting.

Ore, Tsushima: I'm watching both versions, and think they're both funny.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom: Not sure what to think of it, tbh. I don't dislike it, but so far it's not really making me go "WOW!"

Yoshimaho: Not much for me to say other than I like it.

Tsukimichi: Another one that I'm not sure what to think of so far, but it's kinda funny at times.

I reached Level 3 as well. Still need to finish up Slime 2 Season 2 and catch up with Aquatope and Higurashi Sotsu so I can get credit for them.

Back