Story Time

Well there are definitely, scientifically, some differences between the genders but none of them have to do with how much sex they should have
:laugh:
I don't even know what morality that's based on. The "Purity" thing couldn't matter less in the grand scheme of things. Unless there's just some widespread purity... fetish?
I think the purity thing is partly a remnant from religious beliefs of many varieties, but I’m no expert. I always intend to read more about this stuff but never get around to it

Yeah, I was often been called a tease when I was younger for not putting out. Whatever. If I don’t wanna sleep with you I don’t wanna sleep with you.
Pretty much you're a prude/frigid if you don't put out or you're a whore if you do put out. It's sad that it's still a thing even in this day and age. You'd think people would be more open now that female sexuality is not a taboo subject anymore.

That is incredibly ironic, considering how much sex/nudity/being revealing is sensationalized on TV and media these days.
That is also bad though, for a lot of reasons. I've never wanted sex in my media, for me sex is only something to REALLY be seriously talked about or experienced behind closed doors or at least with someone you trust. I don't want to see it on my screens.

That is also bad though, for a lot of reasons. I've never wanted sex in my media, for me sex is only something to REALLY be seriously talked about or experienced behind closed doors or at least with someone you trust. I don't want to see it on my screens.
UYdZAOJ.gif

I don't mind if it's a prominently explored theme of said media and important, actually exploring sexuality. It's just a lot of the time, it's tacked on for no good reason other than to titilate.

The purity thing is based in male insecurity. A virgin woman won't know that you're shit in bed, or your cocks too small, because they don't have the experience of having had sex or sexual encounters before you. It's like a blank canvas for fragile men to shit on.

That is incredibly ironic, considering how much sex/nudity/being revealing is sensationalized on TV and media these days.

Yet there are weird prudish restrictions there as well. Blowjobs get shown all the time, but Blue is the Warmest Color got slapped with an NC-17 rating for showing oral being performed on a woman. Boobs and butts are fair game, but dicks and vaginas are almost a complete no go.

Sex is often used in an exploitative manner in media. There's only a few stories that really need graphic sex scenes.

I don't mind if it's a prominently explored theme of said media and important, actually exploring sexuality. It's just a lot of the time, it's tacked on for no good reason other than to titilate.
Fair enough, I can see how some might like that. I still try to avoid the theme no matter what though. The theme of sexuality is just not something that entertains or interests me when watching something about it, I'd rather it be talked about between individuals if at all.

Oddly enough I make sex jokes online- but I don't do it in real life and I hate comedy based around it. I think this is just because of you guys.

Guess this is kind of a Confession post too, but... I don't care for sex humor or sexual themes in media 90% of the time to be frank. I should probably stop doing it so that I stop being a hypocrite

Was just ranting about this in class the other day. There is no insult for men that is comparable to the "slut," or "whore," (etc) that women get. Even "man whore" (which is problematic, as it suggests "whore," is inherently feminine...) carries a sense of accomplishment, light-heartedness, humor or prestige. It's super lame. I also don't mind people not being promiscuous, but vilifying, bullying, or passing sweeping judgement on a person for it is ludicrous, and is probably why I'm always getting into stupid fights all the time T^T

The purity thing is based in male insecurity. A virgin woman won't know that you're shit in bed, or your cocks too small, because they don't have the experience of having had sex or sexual encounters before you. It's like a blank canvas for fragile men to shit on.
Hm. I guess that would explain why it didn't make sense to me. The only insecurity I really have is my face, I'm otherwise really confident in everything but I guess it would make sense to preach about purity if you were, in that regard. Today I Learned!

Yet there are weird prudish restrictions there as well. Blowjobs get shown all the time, but Blue is the Warmest Color got slapped with an NC-17 rating for showing a oral being performed on a woman. Boobs and butts are fair game, but dicks and vaginas are almost a complete no go.

We are truly nothing but a place full of contradictions. Nobody wants to see lower body parts, everyone wants to see breasts, that always makes me laugh out loud in my head.

There's only a few stories that really need graphic sex scenes.
*coughTheHandmaidencough*

Fair enough, I can see how some might like that. I still try to avoid the theme no matter what though. The theme of sexuality is just not something that entertains or interests me when watching something about it, I'd rather it be talked about between individuals if at all.

Oddly enough I make sex jokes online- but I don't do it in real life and I hate comedy based around it. I think this is just because of you guys.

Guess this is kind of a Confession post too, but... I don't care for sex humor or sexual themes in media 90% of the time to be frank. I should probably stop doing it so that I stop being a hypocrite
Well, it's way easier to talk about things online. I'm not exactly comfortable with explicit sex discussion irl either.

Was just ranting about this in class the other day. There is no insult for men that is comparable to the "slut," or "whore," (etc) that women get. Even "man whore" (which is problematic, as it suggests "whore," is inherently feminine...) carries a sense of accomplishment, light-heartedness, humor or prestige. It's super lame. I also don't mind people not being promiscuous, but vilifying, bullying, or passing sweeping judgement on a person for it is ludicrous, and is probably why I'm always getting into stupid fights all the time T^T
Well there's always "fuckboy", used for fuckboys who label girls as "nymphos" and "prudes"

Back