SSSS.Gridman

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 1.
    Already better than the last mech show Trigger did.

HasseRovdjur likes this.
  3. GenSan

GenSan Database Moderator

Posted by GenSan on Oct 6, 2018
    01:

I felt underwhelmed for the majority of this episode, and the pace was really just ploddingly slow. It was way more more subdued than I was expecting and the characters were bland. I only got more interested, when it did the over the top robot fight for like two minutes of this episode.

Other than that, I expect a better first episode from Trigger.

Fargo and HasseRovdjur like this.
  4. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

Episode 1
    Far too demure, with very little in the way of hype-building. The characters are just non-entities at this point.

The battle was okay, but I was not exactly feeling pumped, or feeling any Power Rangers-related nostalgia. The resetting building and whatnot might show promise. But the worst part? Skipping the classic Gridman opening theme. Gaaah, heresy!

Fargo and GenSan like this.
  5. ShinShini

ShinShini Well-Known Member

Allegedly it gets a radically different story with episode 3, so I probably lurk in this thread to see if the twist is worth it.

6. tallycrow

tallycrow New Member

I am torn with whether I like it or not... Gonna give it a few more eps before I decide to stop or keep going with it ^_^

7. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

This was interesting until.......................

the dinosaur thingy attacked, everything just got really unbelievable, mainly the character reactions to everything from that point onwards.

Not gonna go through all the details, but this just seems stupid, and not the good kind of stupid.

8. SpanglishJC

SpanglishJC Well-Known Member

It sounds like I should once again give the Trigger collaboration anime a miss from the looks of it. I'm going to keep my eye on the thread to see if it gets better in the next couple of episodes, but I will keep low expectations.

zala likes this.
  9. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Well-Known Member

Episode 1
    It's a lot better than I thought it would be. The amnesia experience was done well, having Yuta essentially becoming a transfer student, not knowing all the people and having to relearn everything. The battle as Gridman was also pretty good, reminded me a lot of some of the old live action shows and movies.

10. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Posted by Fargo on Oct 8, 2018
    Demure's a good word. Usually, you'd expect Trigger to go the other way around although maybe that was an intentional choice. I was still a little entertained with the episode and I can see things improving, I'm just not particularly impressed by anything right now. I also heard things will shake up later, so I'll keep an eye on this one.

ShinShini likes this.
  11. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

I'm just glad the robots don't have faces this time.

12. Teophan

Teophan Database Moderator

Ep1

I enjoyed this.
    It's like it was set in One punch world but things restored themselves.

I liked how the city actually takes realistic damage from the battles vs just a building broken or an explosion or a battle in some area far from population. I would have liked it if the buildings and ppl stayed dead/destroyed.

It would be funny to see it turn Samurai Flamenco caused I'd watch the hell out of it then.

Here's to a potential show.

13. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Active Member

Oh, this is Trigger.

As soon as the old computer was shown, I remember that Gridman is the same thing as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad.

Not exactly impressive, but not bad either.

I think I just realized what "SSSS" stands for...

14. Teophan

I see you and raise you

15. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Active Member

I fail to see the connection between the video you posted and this anime. (but, lol never seen or heard of that one before)

16. Teophan

It was in response to your video not the anime. Don't make me go big bad beetle Borgs on you.

17. GenSan

GenSan Database Moderator

02:

Wow, what a complete fucking snore of an episode again, holy shit I've never been so bored in my life. Everything about this show is just so.........oddly disconnected and lifeless, besides the actual robot scenes. There was something majorly bothering me before, and now I've figured it out. What the hell is with the complete lack, and absence of an OST playing? That's also just I dunno weird. I feel like all that does is highlight how awkward and stilted scenes feel.

The next episode, better change my mind or else I'm considering this a failure. I don't care about anything going on in this show at all. This is not how you fucking hook an audience.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  18. ShinShini

ShinShini Well-Known Member

Ep2:
    After a slow start I think it's growing onto me. I like the awkward samurai and I think the psycho girl is the rare occasion where the psychoness isn't totally obnoxious. I think it's hurting that Gridman himself isn't a particularly interesting character.
    I also like that there are actual consequences, even if the city gets rebuild and memories wiped.

The mystery is also slowly building up. I'm looking forward to the alleged switch next episode. Hope there is actually something and not a marketing hoax.

OneCraftyLady likes this.
  19. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

wow what were they trying to run with? it's not original but more "mature fashion" than what's it copies of. the mech is too cgi and shiny and I'm not impressed at all with how this one started off. I do like the shiny eyeballs though that was cute, and the details to the background images, but goodness the rest seemed sort of meh. they could have taken some from the artwork and applied more to the plot, thus far it's not going anywhere for me.

20. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Database Moderator

Wait, the mech is CGI?

T-...t-trigger-sama?

OneCraftyLady likes this.