Spring 2018 Anime Challenge discussion thread

You bastards. Meanwhile I'm aching to watch the damn thing SG 0 because I have to wait for someone else to watch it with me. Lets trade

Fortunately I'm watching other shit not in the lottery to meet my quota for the challenge.

You bastards. Meanwhile I'm aching to watch the damn thing SG 0 because I have to wait for someone else to watch it with me. Lets trade
I thought this was Sword Gun Online or Sword Gay O-Face, but can't be the former because he has to be keeping up with the Gs in the thread.

And then I realized this was the challenge thread. So it's definitely the former because I really have no idea what good shows are on this season apart from Megalo Box and Lupin V.

Before I forget To Be Heroine is the best show no one is watching. I knew it was hiding some darkness, but I did not realize how fucked up it was going to get. All the pieces are starting to come together and it really does remind me of Flip Flappers.
Nonsense, FLCL PRO is the best show no one is watching (because i'm surrounded by sub purists). But I should probably give that one a try too, the scores are depressingly low but from what you've been saying it does sound intriguing. Also I was going to start flippyflappy later this week.

Before I forget To Be Heroine is the best show no one is watching. I knew it was hiding some darkness, but I did not realize how fucked up it was going to get. All the pieces are starting to come together and it really does remind me of Flip Flappers.

I actually watched the first episode, but then forgot, and stalled out. I guess I better make some time, to catch-up.

Ended up watching 51 shows. Never, again. Spring was a great season with a lot of AotY contenders, but the rest of it was the same old mediocre crap with a few turd nuggets mixed in.
You say that but you're picking up the same amount this season aren't you? You lovable masochist, you. I think you said never again last season too :troll:

You say that but you're picking up the same amount this season aren't you? You lovable masochist, you. I think you said never again last season too :troll:

Well, I did pick up the first four things airing this season so I'm doing pretty shit already. Wasn't even a few minutes after it was subbed I was compulsively downloadning Dragon Ball Heroes. Luckily it's only 8 minutes an episode.

Well, I did pick up the first four things airing this season so I'm doing pretty shit already. Wasn't even a few minutes after it was subbed I was compulsively downloadning Dragon Ball Heroes. Luckily it's only 8 minutes an episode.
Dragon ball heroes sounds like a chibi spinoff. I bet that's what it is. Lemme check.

oh... it wasn- WHAT THE FUCK
dragon-ball-heroes-anime-villain-fu-1111575-1280x0.jpeg

HAHAHA THIS CHARACTER DESIGN

Oh man. Good luck dude.

Dragon ball heroes sounds like a chibi spinoff. I bet that's what it is. Lemme check.

oh... it wasn- WHAT THE FUCK
dragon-ball-heroes-anime-villain-fu-1111575-1280x0.jpeg

HAHAHA THIS CHARACTER DESIGN

Oh man. Good luck dude.

First episode had two versions of Goku fighting with terrible animation because apparently Super Saiyan 4 Goku vs Super Saiyan Blue was the big hook for the first episode. I know it's an advert for the video game, but it just makes me roll my eyes. I wouldn't mind so much if the animation were decent and there was at least dumb fun action.

Ended up finishing 16 shows, 1 less anime than the previous season :pokerface: Here's what I thought of each show:

The great ones:

- Megalo Box (Anime of the Season!)
- Asagao to Kase-san (This was absolutely cute)

The good ones:

- Aggretsuko (2018) (It did something I thought it was impossible. Managed to grab the concept of the original and make a good anime out of it without making it tiresome. It needed more death metal tho)
- Wotakoi (I ignored it at first, then I watched it due to all the praise it was getting and I really liked it)
- Fist of the Blue Ham: Regenesis (I watched it expecting it to be bad due to the horrid CG animation but the plot and the characters saved it)
- Space Battleship Tiramisu (Surprise of the season. It started being great and was an AOTS contender to me, a pity it jumped the shark mid-season)
- Golden Kamuy (no amounts of CG bears can make me dislike this show)

The mehdiocre ones:

- Highschool DXD Hero (That horrid animation is way too distracting, and the plot isn't as good as I hoped.)
- Magical Girl Site (Too much boring exposition, not enough edge)
- Tokyo Ghoul: re (It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it was barely entertaining)
- Love to Lie Angle (I expected something better :pokerface:)

The miserable little pile of shit:

- Dance with Dragons (This one looked like it might be decent, but instead it was boring most of the time)
- Dorei-ku (I wish I could slap my past self for thinking this could be good trash)
- Amai Choubatsu (I expected it to be absolute shit. It was even worse than that)

Stuff I'll watch someday:

- Sword Art Online: Gun Gale Online
- Captain Tsubasa (2018)
- LOGH: Die Neue These

Last edited:
I enter this thread with some random ass post about this guy talking about some loser show nobody has heard of. To Be Heroine? I bet it's actually good or some shit.

But to understand it, one needs to watch To Be Hero.

to-be-hero-8070.jpg

That explains it.

I had 7 anime counted as finished at the end of this (one was 2-cour, another was FLCL: Progressive, and a few were on Crunchyroll (in which I'm a free user) so I had to wait to watch the last episode, but due to the one week grace period they still counted). Unfortunately, because I had to go out of town this past weekend I missed out on watching the latest episodes (available to free users) of MHA3 and FMP: Ivisible Victory; thus, they weren't counted. That put a bitter taste in my mouth; so, because of that (plus the fact that I have a large backlog of already completed shows to watch) I've decided not to do the summer challenge.

I had 7 anime counted as finished at the end of this (one was 2-cour, another was FLCL: Progressive, and a few were on Crunchyroll (in which I'm a free user) so I had to wait to watch the last episode, but due to the one week grace period they still counted). Unfortunately, because I had to go out of town this past weekend I missed out on watching the latest episodes (available to free users) of MHA3 and FMP: Ivisible Victory; thus, they weren't counted. That put a bitter taste in my mouth; so, because of that (plus the fact that I have a large backlog of already completed shows to watch) I've decided not to do the summer challenge.
At least you have good taste
DeadCloudyHogget.gif

Back