Sports Anime with Smokers

Twinkietaem

What's up yall?

This is a bit of a weird request but I was wondering if anyone knew any sports anime where the players are smokers during their time as a player/athlete?

I don't mean like Haikyuu where the coach is a smoker and off court all the time but where the athletes themselves are smokers. Just a strange niche I think I've never seen or heard of done before and I'm curious.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Toua Tokuchi, the main character of One Outs, is a smoker.

That's the only one I know off the top of my head.

https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/all?include_tags=399,359 Here is a list of all the characters tagged Athlete and Smoker
I can second Sabure on One Outs and I will also add Sk8 the Infinity if you haven't seen it.
Air Gear has an athlete who smokes, but she is a minor character. Its been a while since I've seen Air Gear but I didn't remember her at all.

Many thanks to you both! (I always forget I can filter characters but also helps to have recs of "i enjoyed this".) Will have a browse and will check out OO and Sk8!

This year’s Olympic Games are a bit of a mess, and there have been numerous calls for boycotts, particularly to support athletes of color like Sha’Carri Richardson, who was suspended for one month for smoking marijuana in a state where it’s legal. There’s also the fact that holding an international competition while still in the grip of a serious global pandemic is completely irresponsible, and there has already been a positive test at Olympic Village, with at least three athletes testing positive just days before the start of the games. Toyota has pulled all of its Olympic-related ads in host country Japan. With that in mind, I’d like to present this list of 20 sports anime to watch instead of the Olympics.
Why are you tagging me in this? Also, you didn't even put the list of sports anime you wanted me to watch in your comment.

Back