So this is one of those weak seasons isn't it?

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by kingofthezora, Nov 20, 2021.

1. kingofthezora

kingofthezora New Member

It seems like everything is just middling or plain painful. Even Demon Slayer is just cutting up the movie that everyone saw into episodes with some extra padding for run time. I mean, I am up to be convinced there is a secret hidden gem, but it all seems like anime that miss the mark in the transition from manga, or just not good stories. I'm a bit hungry for something to watch that is clever and impressive or really just a solid conventional show, so I'm just left wanting.

2. rekindled

rekindled Well-Known Member

I haven't started it yet, but Ousama Ranking has received quite a bit of praise within this community and others that I frequent to the extent that I know of many people that I find reasonable with level headed opinions that think it may be the anime of the season. It's currently sitting #24 on MAL (8.83) and 53 on AP (4.401) so it must be doing something right considering it didn't have much hype coming into the season.

Someone watching it can give more specifics, but it's certainly the show I've heard the most praise for in the season.

OshiriPenPen likes this.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Nov 20, 2021
    Everything middling, or plain painful? Did you only watch isekai and ecchi from this season?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2021
  4. OshiriPenPen

OshiriPenPen Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a hidden gem, then watch Ousama Ranking. Clever story that doesn't rely on tropes, absolutely charming characters and great animation.

Mentallysighing and Rascal like this.
  5. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

it's based on popularity, and also on covid. there are issues and they might not have the time, money/resources in order to do something, etc. so that's why there are a lot of more arcs/seasons, person in another world, etc. I'm not finding anything lacking I'm doing quite well with the many selections. don't forget there are a lot of finished anime out there. when I have a rare off season I will turn to the finished stuff, possibly returning to something I've watched and simply watch again.

6. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

The Heike Story has been a decent historical series.

7. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

Posted by Rascal on Nov 21, 2021
    No, this is not a weak season. It has ousama ranking, the heike story, mieruko-chan, the faraway paladin, and 86 pt 2.

Qplayer and Mentallysighing like this.
  8. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Nov 21, 2021
    Watch more shows. I don't really care about whether a season is good or not honestly. As long as there's at least one thing I like it's cool. Even if their isn't there's still plenty of older stuff to enjoy.

BrainBlow likes this.
  9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

JoJo to save the day in two weeks time.

10. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

Not gonna lie, I'm loving The Faraway Paladin

Rascal likes this.
  11. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

A "bad season" is also just time to pick up something, anything older than half a year old.

Qplayer and g3data like this.
  12. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

Bad seasons give me time to watch stuff I haven’t seen but probably should have seen. I’m in a private secret Santa with some friends and this “bad season” has given me more time to watch what I got. I just finished Madoka Magica after knowing I should’ve watched it a long time ago and it was cool as hell. So really “bad seasons” just give you more time to watch what you missed before!

also seasonal anime never mattered much to me because I always wait for everyone else’s reactions on the shows unless one of them is a show I’ve been anticipating be adapted from a manga or something. Otherwise, it’s no big deal.

13. crowwolf

crowwolf Well-Known Member

next season will be better because shield hero :)

SodaFox likes this.
  14. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

Honestly a season with even one show the caliber of Ousama Ranking is pretty good

But even though that's what I'm focused on and I haven't picked up much this season, I've heard good things about Heike Story and Komi-san as well

Rascal likes this.