So I'm a Spider, So What?

Well . . . that is the first time I have ever seen a spider play a guitar . . . She is still awesome of course!

Gee! Ep. 8 was so weak that the humans were actually better than the spider.
I'm not into bad CGI with overly narrated fights.
The animation and choreography were so bad they had to yell everything that was happening. It's a major turn off for me.

Plus, this episode reinforced what I already said about the show: too much stupid info (those endless lists of skills and stats), too little development.
It's evident every episode will have a myriad of new skills and abilities for Kumoko. They're just throwing it for free. She just got a new parallel mind for the witch (which honestly was a lame way to make her learn magic), got into a fight, used the witch once and hit the threshold for parallel mind lvl. 4? It wasn't even necessary! They told the new mind to shut up!
And what was all that explanation about magic? She just got Google unlocked in her brain? Then proceeds to info dump us pretending to school the parallel mind? OMG!

This is probably the only anime were I love half of it and really hate the other half. Just skip the human part entirely until the end of the season, so much time wasted on them. I don't care about the humans, I don't want to see what's happening there, just focus on the MC that's solo-carrying this from the start.
I skip most of the parts that show the humans in the last 3 episodes, they are boring, and they add almost nothing to the story because they are side-characters and will probably not play any major part in the story for a long time (not until the next season if even then with the way it goes).
Also, there is probably no need to build them so much, 15-20 minutes would have been enough, right now they have almost more screen-time than the MC, this is just stupid.

Oh, and another thing about that stupid flashback.
It really spoiled its own twist. You don't introduce this sudden new girl with a fang who never speaks, and the whole "Spider isn't Wakaba" thing might have been a real surprise. But they did, and I had it figured out before they even got there.
Ugh.

Honestly? I am liking this new human side add-on, when I used to read the manga it was good, but having the double dynamic has got me excited for when they converge. They will right?

The new characters are great (ep 9). If they had spend on the demons even half of the time they wasted on the useless human kids, this would probably be in my top 5 of the season now. So much wasted potential.

Episode 9.
Oh no, his painfully generic brother died. Oh, however will the show go on without...that guy.

Meanwhile in the interesting, I.E. the spider part, evil gods on cellphones. How about that.

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling the human academy arc and the spider arc are not concurrent. I think they were all reincarnated in this world at birth. But while the spider was leveling up right off the bat, the humans grew from toddlers. For instance, the earth wyvern egg that Kumoko found, might be Fei.

We are being told two different stories, that occur at different times. While the kids are in the academy thinking they are badasses, Kumoko is already a Demon Lord.
Amusing how correct you were.
Since I had this your theory in my head from the moment I've read it, I was not surprised at all when they've actually shown the "long past" flashback (for humans) with egg-retrieving/nest burning events which happened in around ep.3 (for spider).

I can say that I've enjoyed your prediction skills more than I enjoyed the show so far, kudos!

Ep 7
Tbh I'm not really a fan of the split personality. I hope I get used to it but so far it's just confusing to me because most of the time I have no idea which Kumoko is saying what.
It was confusing in the LN too.

The worst thing so far for me has been more the sense that the show needs to hurry up. Until this episode there hasn't really been any solid progression the humans were still squabbling or worse sitting around at school and the spider was still leveling in the caves. I hope the remaining episodes pick up the slack, but something tells me that weighted front half is going to blur pretty quickly in people's minds after a few weeks.

Amusing how correct you were.
Since I had this your theory in my head from the moment I've read it, I was not surprised at all when they've actually shown the "long past" flashback (for humans) with egg-retrieving/nest burning events which happened in around ep.3 (for spider).

I can say that I've enjoyed your prediction skills more than I enjoyed the show so far, kudos!
Why, thank you, mate!
I'm happy to hear this.

I'm not really enjoying the show, but episode 9 gave me that nice satisfaction of finding out my theory was right. I patted myself on the back.
And I must admit I am curious about the current state of Kumoko. She is badass now.

those eyes are disgusting, really. what was wrong with leaving them without pupils? she's a spider.
I just remembered this comment. Turns out she just looks like that for our benefit. To the boring humans, she looks like this.
4a9cd5d6dffd7c1e56615e792ae1eb7a514a26ae.png

...Which also means
she's been down there 15 years apparently.

Back