So I'm a Spider, So What?

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Damias, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Oct 28, 2019
    Hottestbog likes this.
  2. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Oct 28, 2019
    Watch trailer here:

ImpressedEmpress101 likes this.
  3. Ryuga10

Ryuga10 New Member

idk why but the premise is like slime datta

4. Hottestbog

Hottestbog New Member

I don't know why but I'm excited for this anime

DiabloNemesis and ironsakura like this.
  5. nachfuellbar

nachfuellbar New Member

I don't know about this anime.
    It's a little bit too much try hard to be funny
    In the novel the comedy is much more natural :/
    Don't get me wrong the first episode is still pretty solid

Fionka likes this.
  6. apoc9

apoc9 Active Member

Posted by apoc9 on Jan 8, 2021
    The art looks better, than in trailers imo. The anime does try to not overdo it with skill info dumps, that is kind of danger with this kind of series heavy on skill and mechanics info. Good first episode. Voice acting is going to play big role in this series, when it's mostly MC spider alone.

muppetbaby likes this.
  7. ironsakura

ironsakura New Member

Seems interesting so far. She accepted being a spider quicker than I would, though! :frustrat:

8. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jan 8, 2021
    ep 1

It had good energy.
    It seems to cover it's most substantial story elements quite well at a fast speed without becoming confusing, though it did leave us hanging a bit with the ''nobles'' scene it was quite easy to grasp that basic setting around other characters.

There was a lot of 3D cgi but it did it's job and wasn't that distracting.

ironsakura likes this.
  9. TheRogueNob

TheRogueNob Member

How does this show go from (not bad) cg to some pretty good animation....

10. AGlitchGnome

AGlitchGnome Member

The adaptation itself as far as the characters and plot have been a great adaptation so far.

The CG, while seemingly a little better than their previous work on berserk 2016, is still not giving me hope. The mc herself is actually pretty well done CG by anime standards, probably because there is no awkward mouth flaps? However the other monsters are pretty bad.

I understand that because her fighting style is to jump around off the walls and run around fast it was probably the best option to use CG. that way you can better show the 3d space and her moving quickly through it, however the CG on mother was just bad looking and the toad was pretty jarring and not the best either. Even the siblings were just barely passable imo.

This show does have the benefit of a great MC and I have to hand it to the VA as she did an amazing job carrying this first episode. Her delivery really captured the tone and personality of the inner monologues and made her very charming and cute lol

Overall it was a pretty good first episode. I'm definitely not looking forward to the first big fight scenes we get as I think the bad CG will stick out like a sore thumb at that point. However, I am definitely looking forward to the Mc inner monologues and witty humor, especially if the VA keeps up this level of performance. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

RogueLynx, SMores and renorxukuth like this.
  11. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Well-Known Member

I agree with @AGlitchGnome, however the MC warrants further watching. I can forgive less then stellar animation if the story and the character are worth it.

SMores, ironsakura and AGlitchGnome like this.
  12. Fionka

Fionka Member

I was not sure whether I'd watch it at first but because there was so much excitement about it I gave it a shoot, yet truthfully, I don't understand why there was so much excitement about it. I am not familiar with the manga so I can't compare about the adaptation. It may get better? I'll still give it a shoot because it wasn't that bad and I only watched only one episode so it may get better.

Aratakun likes this.
  13. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Well, wasn't that novel.
    Not only was the MC reincarnated, so were a load of other people.
    Neat.

14. yanc

yanc New Member

It has a "I got recarnated as a slime" feel but yet its different.

15. SMores

SMores Well-Known Member

OK, so this might be the first Isekai with an MC I legit like. Rimeru from TTIGRAA Slime is alright, I suppose, but this girl seems adorkable. Though she got over being a spider and the nasty things she has to eat shockingly fast.

ironsakura likes this.
  16. Aratakun

Aratakun Member

Episode 1
    My first thought about this anime while I am watching it was "it's same as TTIGRA slime" then in the end of episode I realized it's a little different.
    really reincarnated as spider?( ~ . ~ )
    I am a spider so what?
    (lame joke that only I can think of)

17. Dankvart

Dankvart New Member

Hmmm, for someone unfamiliar with the source, the 'nobles' scene came out of the blue and felt completely out of place and out of pace. And even when it is related, such 'cast introduction' seems to me like a bad directorship.
    And yeah, so far it's the Slime feeling, just blander and more chaotic and senseless (also because it's trying too hard to look like it's different).
    Nevertheless, first episodes can be very misleading and non-representative in terms of the whole season, so only the rest will show if this title turns out to be praiseworthy or disappointing.

ironsakura likes this.
  18. Shadexo

Shadexo New Member

Solid first episode. The scene with the reincarnation of her classmates totally felt out of place.
    Seems like they're closely following the Light Novel. I Hope we don't see much of the classmates. Their story is boring as f*** Skipped all those parts in the novel.

ironsakura likes this.
  19. ironsakura

ironsakura New Member

2nd episode is pretty funny. Shiraori is awesome and hilarious.

20. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

2 episodes in, and I'm already digging this series. It's a lot like Slime, but in many ways it's NOT like Slime.

apoc9 likes this.