Signatures are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one is 50.3k, which is probably why it's getting rejected.

Nimira- Do you have any specific examples of ones you're having trouble with?

edit: Lemur- The size is the issue with yours, use this:
picturecp3b.jpg
(I tried it & it works.)

(to lemur) that image is ~2k too big - can you 'save for web' in photoshop to make it smaller?

uh i want to change my signature but the site isnt allowing me too. I've already changed it four times and it keeps on showing my old one. any clue????

Saved it as a .gif and reduced file size dramatically, still doesn't work.

Edit: I feel so stupid. I didnt turn off my export blocker. Nvm. >_<

nimirra- Strange, all 3 of those images work just fine for me. It looks like it's some kind of problem on your end. Are you using any kind of a proxy? Could your firewall be blocking uploads? Do you have javascript enabled?

lemur- Use the one I posted a moment ago, it works just fine: http://allspark.net/cypherswipe/picturecp3b.jpg

avrgeboy123- Right click the resulting sig & chose view image, then while you're looking at just the image, hit refresh.

oo, what's export blocker? maybe this is something i need to leave a note about, if it's a default plugin that others might be using.

avr: did you try doing an alt+f5 refresh? your browser might have cached the image. if that didn't work, check out some of hte other posts in this thread for more tips (file size might be too big, etc)

oo, what's export blocker? maybe this is something i need to leave a note about, if it's a default plugin that others might be using.

Its a company wide policy that we cant upload anything to the wonderful interwebs at work.

However, I have the Admin password (Friends in IT ftw)
Haha.

I doubt many people goof off at work as much as I do, though, so probably no need for a note.

Strange, all 3 of those images work just fine for me. It looks like it's some kind of problem on your end. Are you using any kind of a proxy? Could your firewall be blocking uploads? Do you have javascript enabled?

No proxy. I don't think it's my firewall... I upload to other places all the time. And I think I always have java enabled.

for people who are having problems with custom backgrounds, please post the following information so i can better troubleshoot later:

-What browser are you using (browser, and version number)
-What OS are you using (Windows or MAC?)
-What's the exact file name of the image you are trying to use?
-What's the file size? (even better if you can link to the image on imageshack/etc)
-Do you get any errors when you try to use the background?
-did you have a signature before the sigs went down? If so, was it a custom background or default background?

for people who are having problems with custom backgrounds, please post the following information so i can better troubleshoot later:

-What's the file size? (even better if you can link to the image on imageshack/etc)
-did you have a signature before the sigs went down? If so, was it a custom background or default background?

- Firefox (latest version)
- Windows
- banner, banner2, or banner3
banner23.jpg

banner44.jpg

banner49.jpg
- No errors, the page just refreshes
- Yes, I had a sig before and it was a custom background

I'm getting the same exact problem as Nimira. Signature is the last pic in the berserk section by forgottenson.

Page just refreshes and I tried with both IE and FF.

quizap: can you answer the full list of questions? (including if you had a sig in the past, etc). this will help me later when troubleshooting.

Also having problems changing signature

Firefox 3
Chrome 0.3
IE 7
Safari 3.1

Windows XP SP3

SoulEater

souleaterxo4.jpg

No error, page refreshes

See below

-Firefox 3.0.3 & IE 7.0.6001.18000
-Windows Vista Home Premium
-Eureka7.jpg
-44.11 KB
Eureka7.jpg
-No errors, it just returns me to the update signature page after clicking submit.
-I had a custom signature before, it won't change to the new one.

FF 3.0.3 and IE 7.0.5730.13
Windows XP
lelouch.jpg
17.1 kb
Page just refreshes
I did have a sig with a custom background, as you can see below.

lelouchgq7.jpg

I also noticed that I'm having trouble typing in the colors. In both boxes it will only allow me to type six characters including the # sign. So if I wanted to type white, I can get to #FFFFF, but I can't type the last F. It will work if I copied and pasted the value. This is happening with both FF and IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back