Show me your kitties! *The A-P Pet Thread*

Celebrated my cat Milton's 1 year birthday on the 20th, made him a little cat food cake. It pleased him

Ew9HlGnVcAI3nHF

Ew9G0XBVkAEMJtd

EtaJd7DXYAE84dQ

EtX_ZdqXMAEg7sm

I haven't been feeling good (Tooth problems. I'm getting two of them yanked out in about a week) and she refuses to give me any space because of it.
56a6df36afb61aa5484224c1218af3309d38381a.jpg

My sister's cockatiels had a clutch of eggs and then freaked out when they had to feed 6 babies?! So I hand raised them until they were fully fledged. This was the first day I picked them up.
Top to bottom, left to right: Baby, Peanut, Mike Tyson, Latte, Lollipop, Hippo
y1bfaxx.jpg

If anyone is interested, hatching order was Lollipop, Latte, Hippo, Mike Tyson, Peanut, Baby (last by a lot). You can see poor Baby has a few bite marks from the parents.

I did end up keeping two of them. They're much harder to take pictures of now they've figured out what wings are for.
Peanut
xYmpZDf.jpg

Baby
XhE36nW.jpg

Fuzzy birb beans + Baby egg
KPHCgV4.jpg

My sister's cockatiels had a clutch of eggs and then freaked out when they had to feed 6 babies?! So I hand raised them until they were fully fledged. This was the first day I picked them up.
y1bfaxx.jpg

If anyone is interested, hatching order was Lollipop, Latte, Hippo, Mike Tyson, Peanut, Baby (last by a lot). You can see poor Baby has a few bite marks from the parents.

I did end up keeping two of them. They're much harder to take pictures of now they've figured out what wings are for.
Peanut
xYmpZDf.jpg

Baby
XhE36nW.jpg

KPHCgV4.jpg

Cute! Sounds like a lot of work to raise them, though. I wonder if in the wild the parents would neglect or kill some of the offspring so they wouldn't have to raise them all.

y1bfaxx.jpg

Peanut
xYmpZDf.jpg

Baby
XhE36nW.jpg

KPHCgV4.jpg
Absolutely adorable. How old are they and what are they personalities like so far?

Cute! Sounds like a lot of work to raise them, though. I wonder if in the wild the parents would neglect or kill some of the offspring so they wouldn't have to raise them all.
Oh, it absolutely was a lot of work. The younger they are, the more often they need to be fed. I'm pretty sure I was sleep deprived by the time they were weaned. Pretty sure the parents would definitely eliminate a couple of offspring in the wild to make sure the remaining ones would have a better chance. They were pretty set on offing Baby as it was.

Absolutely adorable. How old are they and what are they personalities like so far?
They coming up to 2 in October-ish. Baby is mine, and by that I mean she absolutely will not let anyone else pat her voluntarily and hisses and runs away from other people's hands. She's also the only one of the yellow pearls (the yellow spotty ones) to keep her spots. The others were both boys, and they lose their spots at their first major moult.
Peanut turned out to be a boy (I thought he was a girl to start with) and is an absolute motor mouth, he's very chatty. Now that they can fly, they both have bird zoomies - after you let them out they have to do 15 laps of the room at super speed before settling down.

Back