Share your school experience

I hate private schools man.. I always had the same classmates there we're no transferees so I didn't learn social skills up until high school.
became a loner and my grades went to A's to D-C's
Social anxiety unlocked!

-1/10 would like to end my life

It was a bad time, but not all bad. I had fun friends, and I got along with every clique. Most of my problems with it, when looking back, are my own failings. I didn't apply myself, I didn't try, I was selfish, I was lazy, I didn't take advantage of the gifts I was given. It makes an anime like Re:Life very relatable.

I don't even remember elementary school really, so I can't say how it honestly went, although good I suppose since I don't remember anything traumatic unless you want to count a spinal infection I had, which really had nothing to do with school.

Junior High... was an experience. I went to two different schools and I was harassed a lot in the first one, so much so I did a lot of stupid stuff including skipping school and getting into trouble causing me to fail my first attempt. I did have several adventures though from it, including being stalked by a pack of coyotes for most of a day, discovering not one, but two different corpses over a period of 6 months and having extensive damage done to my face through an automobile accident. The second school I went to, the harassment was not quite as bad but it was there, up until near the last year where a certain incident happened that could have gotten me expelled, and in truth almost did... but after a full investigation I got to stay and finish. High school was fine, a little of the harassment carried over into the first year of it, but by then I was over it all and had just had enough in general. I was fully in my metal and goth phase at this point in time, and just tended to want to keep to myself and was classified as one of the "weird people" no one really wanted to bother with.

I was fully in my metal and goth phase at this point in time, and just tended to want to keep to myself and was classified as one of the "weird people" no one really wanted to bother with.
If there's one good thing I can say about high school it's that other people seem to stop caring about bothering people at that point to an extent. I mostly kept to myself too, most people there just saw me as that weirdo who only likes video games. At least there were some fun conversations had when people wanted someone to talk about video games with, but most of them were just confused or annoyed half the time since most of what I play is older stuff they never heard of.
Dropped out in my last year of high school because I was too autistic to cope with the school system and there was no support or flexibility. No teachers ever took my physical or mental health issues seriously.

The NZ school system hates you if you're disabled (or, hell, just different) in any way, shape or form. And, likewise, I, as a disabled person, hate the NZ school system. It is extremely ableist.

I have no regrets about leaving school. It's not like I'm ever going to work properly anyway, so qualifications mean nothing to me. If anything, I just regret not leaving earlier.
I don't mean to bump a months-old post but this is what happened to me too. The school I went to didn't really give a shit about my wellbeing and attempts to help were pretty half-assed (didn't help that they tried to take me out of Special Ed on the basis that I didn't get along with my IEP case manager despite me getting along with the other two special ed teachers they had there). The "fun" part? In the US there's some states where you can't drop out of high school until you turn 18 and my state is one of them... though we found a bit of a workaround for that.

Greetings to everyone! I remember I had not good grades on the last forms when I was at school. And I decided to ask for writing help from the paper master company. I know now that it was the best decision for me to improve my studying at all.

Hey hey hey!
I wouldn't say my school life was rosy at all. It was bright but rather grim. My grades were pretty average.
I was the worst at languages creative writing especially essays and paragraph. Stories were pretty easy since I love making stuff up.
I couldn't attend the last two years of school so I ended up repeating my last year of school so I finished along side my juniors.
I had a crush for a long time, but I couldn't confess since I was repeating a year, he had already graduated.
The library was my sanctuary at school since it had so many novels and I love reading.
I guess I was kind of a loner in my class, since nobody watched anime or read manga so I pretty much didnt have a common topic to keep the conversation going besides studies.

Elementary school was amazing for me. I had a few close friends, even though I never really left the house. I was always grateful that they stuck with me for so long through high school despite us barely hanging out outside of school. I was in the Enrichment Program, so that experience was really fun also. Middle school was normal, I still maintained straight A's and had fun. High school was also normal. I ruined my straight A streak because of one class (AP US History). I really regretted taking that class only to drop down to Honors anyways. If I had just started with Honors, I could have been higher up in the ranking (I was in the top 10). I felt like I was behind everyone else because they all took more AP's then I did and stuff. But I graduated...not when my brother sees that APUSH teacher, he tells me that he wish he could tell him, "do you know what you did to my family?" (because I was depressed for a while after getting that B; perks of trying to be the perfect Asian daughter)
University so far is ok. I went to a school close enough to home so that I could commute everyday because we are not going to live in a dorm. I really love commuting because my family is always my biggest support, and I would rather see them everyday then hang out with other people. Plus I save a ton of money because of my merit scholarship and not having to pay for food or dorm. I am trying to be a doctor though, so all of my time goes into either studying or volunteer work. I have met a lot of great people through the vietnamese student association which is lovely. I don't go to frat parties or anything like that, but I would like to think that I am enjoying college in my own way, and that I am doing all I can to ensure that my chances of getting into medical school are as high as they can be.

Back