Share Your Dreams

I dreamt I was back in a heavily urbanized version of Monterey. I still lived on the base and I went to go take a walk at midnight and met the CQ officer and my old sergeant and had a conversation with them at the entrance gate. They said they didn't think I'd cause trouble so they let me out of the base despite the time and I was able to wander through a kind of hedge maze before making my way to the coast, which had become littered with skyscrapers and construction projects and felt more like Manhattan than Monterey. The dream ended and I woke up just as I was playing on the beach.

It was actually...pleasant. I'm surprised.

It’s my day off so naturally I wasted it by sleeping in and then napping. Had a really depressing dream that my uncle, (who passed away in November of 2016), and my cousin, (who I haven’t seen in years but used to be close to), came to my house. They sat on the couch and talked to me while waiting for my dad to get home from work. I eventually fell asleep in the dream and the disappeared. So nothing much happened, but I’m sad now.

So... I had a dream where my neighbour was being an arse for some reason and hired people to mess? with me. They broke in and attacked me...
I woke up in cold sweat, hyperventilating, checked all the doors and windows. All locked. Calm down and get ready for the day and I notice a handprint shaped bruise on my upper arm...
Now, I've tried contorting my arms to see if I could've done it to myself somehow to no avail. It's also bigger than my hand.
Freak out level: Max!

So... I had a dream where my neighbour was being an arse for some reason and hired people to mess? with me. They broke in and attacked me...
I woke up in cold sweat, hyperventilating, checked all the doors and windows. All locked. Calm down and get ready for the day and I notice a handprint shaped bruise on my upper arm...
Now, I've tried contorting my arms to see if I could've done it to myself somehow to no avail. It's also bigger than my hand.
Freak out level: Max!

That's pretty freaky. I'd be paranoid all day if that happened to me

I do not recall my dreams too often, but last night I had a Halloween panic dream, and I need to share.

In the dream, my in-law asked me to watch her house for her, and I agreed, but walked into my house talking on the phone to my mother, and forgot to lock the door. Then, in typical dream fashion, I somehow just knew that 6 hours flew by while I sat in a chair staring at the wall, trying to fall asleep, when suddenly I recalled that I might not have locked the door. Getting up, I walked over and realized that it was unlocked, and panic started to set in. I paced in the "bedroom" (which was a small room with a chair and a wall of books) wondering if I should just go to bed, or let anxiety win and go explore the house. Finally deciding that my dreamgut instinct was telling me to check it out, I pulled a gnarly fillet knife and meat cleaver from the books (?) and as I turned my head to go look, my glasses flew off my face from the turning motion and disappeared into thin air. So in the dream, everything was blurry as I wandered through hallways, checking inside of closets and behind curtains, brandishing my Iron Chef Knight weapons. I got to the back of the house, and everything became way too blurry, I couldn't see anything, and my dreamblood was pumping so fast I was losing my balance, and my hand fell on a ladder. Looking up, I saw that there was a hatch in the ceiling, so I crawled up it. I could now see that the building was built like a big square with the circle missing on top (kind of like a courtyard), and there was an amazing greenhouse nestled within the walls. I looked up and there were two people there, and I realized in the dream that I never questioned if my in-law had roommates. Strangely enough, the woman nearest me was actress Maria Thayer (I had to look her up to post this because I had no fucking idea what her name was. She was the red headed girl in 2006's medicore comedy Accepted with Justin Long. She was not great, I was not particularly attracted to her, and I have not seen her since, but she was there) and she gave me some general dream speech about how important plants are. Down in a lower part of the green house (it was layered like rice fields) there was Post Malone (who I do not like) standing on a ladder in an old chimney sweep outfit (think Mary Poppins, I assume that's what my brain did). In the dream, I was like "oh... this is nice" and then suddenly blood started to spray from Post, and I saw little spectral bluegreen arms holding knives repeatedly stabbing him. Shrieking (and abandoning Maria. Sorry Maria) I started to run back through the house to the front door, but there was a guy playing video games in front of the TV in the living room with freakish eyes, like he had never slept. I shouted at him to run, there was danger, but he wouldn't turn around. A disembodied head of Chucky picked him up, and all those arms wrapped around, entered the center of his chest, and pulled him apart right in front of me, so I took off running. I got outside, thinking I was safe, and I realized that the world had been changed. Every building was covered in construction supplies (so, plywood boards, scaffolding, yellow tape, random tools and machines) and my clothes were getting wet even though it wasn't raining. I realized that I also shrunk down to the size of a child, and kept running, knowing I had to find my parents at the community center (None of the town's I've ever lived in have had community center, I have no idea wtf that was about) and then this little pig person started running next to me asking for help. In the dream, I recognized this as a Shounen-type side kick character and told him to follow me, and then I woke up.

I do not recall my dreams too often, but last night I had a Halloween panic dream, and I need to share.

In the dream, my in-law asked me to watch her house for her, and I agreed, but walked into my house talking on the phone to my mother, and forgot to lock the door. Then, in typical dream fashion, I somehow just knew that 6 hours flew by while I sat in a chair staring at the wall, trying to fall asleep, when suddenly I recalled that I might not have locked the door. Getting up, I walked over and realized that it was unlocked, and panic started to set in. I paced in the "bedroom" (which was a small room with a chair and a wall of books) wondering if I should just go to bed, or let anxiety win and go explore the house. Finally deciding that my dreamgut instinct was telling me to check it out, I pulled a gnarly fillet knife and meat cleaver from the books (?) and as I turned my head to go look, my glasses flew off my face from the turning motion and disappeared into thin air. So in the dream, everything was blurry as I wandered through hallways, checking inside of closets and behind curtains, brandishing my Iron Chef Knight weapons. I got to the back of the house, and everything became way too blurry, I couldn't see anything, and my dreamblood was pumping so fast I was losing my balance, and my hand fell on a ladder. Looking up, I saw that there was a hatch in the ceiling, so I crawled up it. I could now see that the building was built like a big square with the circle missing on top (kind of like a courtyard), and there was an amazing greenhouse nestled within the walls. I looked up and there were two people there, and I realized in the dream that I never questioned if my in-law had roommates. Strangely enough, the woman nearest me was actress Maria Thayer (I had to look her up to post this because I had no fucking idea what her name was. She was the red headed girl in 2006's medicore comedy Accepted with Justin Long. She was not great, I was not particularly attracted to her, and I have not seen her since, but she was there) and she gave me some general dream speech about how important plants are. Down in a lower part of the green house (it was layered like rice fields) there was Post Malone (who I do not like) standing on a ladder in an old chimney sweep outfit (think Mary Poppins, I assume that's what my brain did). In the dream, I was like "oh... this is nice" and then suddenly blood started to spray from Post, and I saw little spectral bluegreen arms holding knives repeatedly stabbing him. Shrieking (and abandoning Maria. Sorry Maria) I started to run back through the house to the front door, but there was a guy playing video games in front of the TV in the living room with freakish eyes, like he had never slept. I shouted at him to run, there was danger, but he wouldn't turn around. A disembodied head of Chucky picked him up, and all those arms wrapped around, entered the center of his chest, and pulled him apart right in front of me, so I took off running. I got outside, thinking I was safe, and I realized that the world had been changed. Every building was covered in construction supplies (so, plywood boards, scaffolding, yellow tape, random tools and machines) and my clothes were getting wet even though it wasn't raining. I realized that I also shrunk down to the size of a child, and kept running, knowing I had to find my parents at the community center (None of the town's I've ever lived in have had community center, I have no idea wtf that was about) and then this little pig person started running next to me asking for help. In the dream, I recognized this as a Shounen-type side kick character and told him to follow me, and then I woke up.

i miss having weird dreams like this, although i don't envy the frightening nature of this one, even if one could pass this off as hilarious once awake. all i seem to dream about now is normal things. like, tonight my dream analog went with my dad to visit the tandoor guy at his house in the middle of the night to ask for naan and later i met up with some old acquaintances and explained to them how i intend to earn a Master's in Creative Writing online (which i'm being encouraged to do by an aunt irl, though not necessarily the online bit. being a novelist doesn't strike me as being a viable means of earning an income.). i also explained to them that i've got two novel ideas, one of them i've had for three years and the other for three days, which thoroughly impressed them for some reason. this also somewhat true irl, i've had one idea for 5 years and the other for less than a week.

i miss having weird dreams like this, although i don't envy the frightening nature of this one, even if one could pass this off as hilarious once awake. all i seem to dream about now is normal things. like, tonight my dream analog went with my dad to visit the tandoor guy at his house in the middle of the night to ask for naan and later i met up with some old acquaintances and explained to them how i intend to earn a Master's in Creative Writing online (which i'm being encouraged to do by an aunt irl, though not necessarily the online bit. being a novelist doesn't strike me as being a viable means of earning an income.). i also explained to them that i've got two novel ideas, one of them i've had for three years and the other for three days, which thoroughly impressed them for some reason. this also somewhat true irl, i've had one idea for 5 years and the other for less than a week.
Those kinds of dreams always crack me up. Nothing "dream-y" happens, you're just going about your day. I've been burned by those before, having a dream where you just get ready for the day, and then waking up and realizing you're still in bed. Messes with me.

Had a nightmare last night where I got married and my credit score immediately dropped by 300 points. When I looked up my accounts, I found my wife thought my emergency line of credit checks were regular checks and just maxed out the entire line. Not gonna lie, after I woke up I ran over to my desk to make sure my checks were still safe.

Had a nightmare last night where I got married and my credit score immediately dropped by 300 points. When I looked up my accounts, I found my wife thought my emergency line of credit checks were regular checks and just maxed out the entire line. Not gonna lie, after I woke up I ran over to my desk to make sure my checks were still safe.

interesting...

Last night I had a dream where I had a kettle going, because the water in the tub isn't hot enough. I kept trying to plug it in, but the plugs keep changing, and every time I added an adapter to the plug it would change. Then the kettle turned into a different one, like it had 70's modeling and colours. This was a frustrating dream.

Been having a boatload of dreams where I die recently. Last night I was on my deathbed with cancer and my family couldn't wait to collect my life insurance. A few nights ago I died via car accident and before that it was getting shot. The fuck? I get 8 hours of peace during any given day and this is how my brain repays my generosity? Time to get another job.

I had a dream about waking up and getting ready for school, it was awful because I had to do it again shortly afterwards in real life. :crying:

But I also had a dream about my grandpa trying to pop a balloon with a quarter so that was fun.

i had a dream that i was getting married. my parents had arranged it, and even though the ceremony which is the Islamic equivalent of saying one's "I do's" had already been held, for the life of me i could not remember what the unfortunate girl looked like let alone what she was like. but this didn't bother me much since i trust my parents. no, the real concern was that i was encountering difficulties getting ready, don't know what these were but it was taking forever and i was getting late. still hadn't gotten ready by the time my mom woke me up...

the marriage theme persists... but this time i dreamt that 4 other guys were getting married and the marriages were all going to place at "my university". like, an assembly was held and the dates and times for the 4 marriages were announced, attendance was mandatory but if it got decided later that day that a marriage should not be held at the "university" or it got rescheduled or called off, no classes would be held at the "university" on the date the marriage was supposed to have taken place...

i also dreamt that a group of guys murdered a dude via a stab wound to the heart, and the murder had taken place within a bedroom within some religious building associated with the Orthodox Church. and they magicked away the body or removed it behind the scenes or something and took care to clean up cause they didn't want to leave the place desecrated. and they were still in the process of cleaning up when a priest walked in. and he wasn't too upset or anything, just somewhat sad that the murder had taken place here. he gave some sort of short speech and also offered a prayer. the murderers wanted to pray too but they were Catholics and didn't have a cross on them. I dunno if this a thing irl but they asked the priest if there was a Catholic cross anywhere on the premises, they didn't want to pray before an Orthodox cross. thats the last thing i remember from that dream, and as far i remember, i wasn't a part of the scene, i was "watching from above" or something. and the violence was censored out by the camera angle, and the bed sheets were blood red so no blood stains were visible.

i also dreamt that i was attempting to erect a chipboard partition in the middle of my house's driveway for some reason, as a barrier to entry. and not being very successful at it.

Last edited:
Over the last few days I've been having really strange dreams that for some reason involve my middle/high school and I can't comprehend why. Only thing I remember specifically is that these are unpleasant and that's probably cause I hated school a lot.

I've had really wack dreams ever since I can remember, whether they're simply just stupid, bad, or literally traumatizing for me. (I know dreams aren't real, but as someone with anxiety & PTSD, there have been ones where I had years back that are still hard for me to discuss even to this day.)

Anyway, a couple nightmares that I remember vividly that I had earlier (which I can laugh about now, but at the time they seriously freaked me out) was I dreamt about this green demonic alien thing that kept screaming at me (and when I say screaming I mean screaming so loud I thought I was going to go deaf or my ears were going to bleed lol) but thankfully I was able to choke it to death. (Which for me is a major feat as I very rarely have control in my dreams)
The other all I remember was, there was this demonic little boy that kept walking around/pacing around my bedroom carrying a balloon. (Think a mixture of a younger demonic version of Ciel Phantomhive and Pennywise. *Shrugs* O_o )

One good dream I had earlier though that I don't mind mentioning (after many days of countless stupid/terrible dreams) was I was in Japan laying on the grass and I think it was getting to be night time as I can remember a very beautiful (dark purple?) sky with tons of stars out. ^^

I had the wierdest dream last night. I got home and I suddenly gave birth to a baby. Just kind of like snapping your fingers, "that wasn't so bad" kind of deal. And my dream brain was like "yay, baby" and "of course this makes sense, because I had a BF 10 years ago, and we didn't even sleep together, but that's how these things work" and my actual brain was like "wtf is this, how do I get rid of this, who do I dump this thing on". And I guess it was too much of a dilemma, because it made me wake up. It was really vivid, too, so it made me all confused for a minute there. I hate those kind of dreams.

I blame Mad Men. I honestly do.

Back