Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Naga, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Oct 1, 2015
    Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

2. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 1, 2015
    1st for hyped for gay vampire battling
    sike

3. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Oct 1, 2015
    Came for stupid fighting scenes and action
    Stayed for Shinoa 's smug face.
    Regretted seeing the ending for the first season.

Will watch the second season.

4. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 10, 2015
    Hi I'm Johnny Knoxvile and this is "watching more Seraph of the End"

1:

Eh it was just exposition. Surprisingly nothing too frustrating this time. Better strap yourselves in for a boring training arc though.

5. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 17, 2015
    2:

I've seen the whole "MC must tame his inner demon thing" in shounen action titles before but never have I seen it done this lazily. At least Ichigo had to actually test his mettle in battle with Zangetsu and White Ichigo to get stronger. Here all it took was a hackneyed proclamation of friendship,

6. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Reading your comments makes me very glad I opted not to watch this season.

7. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 17, 2015
    Ah, and here I thought someone would join in my agony.

8. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

AGONY!!! AGONY!!! AGONY!!! AGONY!!! AGONY!!!

I didn't realize it already started. Binge watching ep 1 and 2..plus Ep 00 (recap), before I watch my DVRed Ghost Hunters and catch up on season 5 of TWD, cause I loves me the pain and mental anguish that is my life.

9. Teophan

EP 1

Damn that family is fucked up.

EP 2

WOW. That was a cheesy way they got control over their cursed weapons. For some reason, I think that purple haired girl is the leak to the vampires and Yu's going to end up facing her. That or her family was in on it all along and they have to beat both the royal vamps and her family.

New intro. I HATE IT. I loved the intro from season 1. It set the atmosphere so well. This one was too up beat. UGH.

Ending song wasn't as bad.

10. Teophan

EP 3

Yet another anime with confessions/relationships happening. Love is abound this season.
    Sooo not liking that general/brother/head honcho guy. I'm also finding it suspect that both the vampires and humans end up with the same plan. I think I may know what's going on here.

Also, what was that thing she whispered into his ear? Was that whats his face sister in the test machine?

11. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

3:

Meh just talking this week

12. Teophan

Even though it was A LOT of talking, it was a bit important to sit through cause we finally get the chance to see where the plot is going. Well, specifically what the two have planned. Still didn't reveal their true motives, but it give us an idea to how the top brass plans to use the LTs group.

But that end scene is still bothering me. Who was that in the test thing?

13. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Important or not, the show hasn't made a good enough case for itself for me to care all that much, though that's not the fault of this episode.

They took that last scene from one the latest chapters of the manga, which reminds of just how little material they have to work with here. There certainly isn't enough to fill out the season.

14. Teophan

Oh god....not non-manga fillers?

15. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Well that much was actually confirmed months back if I remember correctly. Not that it matters. Can you think of a series based off a monthly shounen that didn't do something like that? Besides Attack on Titan I can't think of one (Claymore, Akame ga Kill, Blue Exorcist....)

16. Teophan

Well, it's not like it will turn into that one show....you know....the laundry detergent used primarily to clean whites and make them whiter.:troll:

17. Teophan

EP 4

That was an interesting battle. But holy shit do they need work. Can't wait to see the chaos that's about to rain down with that group they got paired up with that hates them. LOL

18. Teophan

EP 5

That battle went by way to easy. I knew it had to be a scene to give false hope that all the others had a chance. Then you see the commander struggling with that one noble.

How shocked will everyone be when they find out the group that everyone thought would get them killed managed to take down a noble quickly. I also think that his group is going to be the ones to take down the progenerator or what ever he's called......not before his "brother" shows up or the last noble sends word that it all went to shit and to take down the demon company HQ.

19. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Nov 9, 2015
    DIOOOOOOOOO
    It's a shame Koyasu only gets the vampire that lasts one episode

20. Shinayda

Shinayda Member

Ep 5
    eeh? 0-0 .. why did the noble truly kill himself he could have killed the girl.. its not like I want her to be killed :/ not wut I expected ..