Secret Santa:Entertainment Movie Board Edition 2020

I tried watching a bit of The Favorite, one of my picks from santa, but I got kind of bored of it after the first 30 minutes. The dialogue is clever and witty, and there were some funny scenes, but it just got kind of boring for me. I'll probably be skipping this one, sorry santa... But don't worry, I'll be moving onto the next one!

Will promise to watch Melancholia when I can, Santa, but seeing as one of my relatives died this evening, I can't watch anything depressing/sad for awhile... </3 Plus once my bingo card finally gets straightened out, I really need to at least watch 1 of the anime recs I received. But afterwards, I will get back to movie watching.

Last minute reminder, there's only a few days left guys before santas are revealed. There's still quite a few people who haven't reviewed any movies yet, better get crackin on that!

Last edited:
I've finished all my movies! Here's the verdict:

1. Son of the White Mare - 9/10
  2. Heat - 9/10
  3. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders - 9/10
  4. Road to Perdition - 9/10
  5. The Thief and the Cobbler - 8/10
  6. A History of Violence - 7/10
  7. Hobo with a Shotgun - 6/10
  8. Kickboxer - 6/10
  9. The Andromeda Strain - 6/10

and lastly

Anastasia. I didn't review this because I've already seen it and I don't like it. I wouldn't know what to say about it except that it's bootleg disney anyways. 4/10 or something.

Thanks santa!

Last minute reminder, there's only a few days left guys before santas are revealed. There's still quite a few people who haven't reviewed any movies yet, better get crackin on that!

Oh shit right... I should probably do that... Sorry Santa, I've been a bad recipient ><

Those people suck, I can't believe they would wait for a once a year festive event and then not do a single one of their movies.

*apologies between my relentlessly coming exams and the new Genshin Impact update I was uhh, a little busy.*

Such laziness shocks and appalls me, like @NarkyOtic in 2018 for Secret Santa Albums where she didn't listen to a single pick of mine and of which I will never let her forget should something of this sort come up for a secret santa of any type.

Oh shit right... I should probably do that... Sorry Santa, I've been a bad recipient ><

Those people suck, I can't believe they would wait for a once a year festive event and then not do a single one of their movies.

*apologies between my relentlessly coming exams and the new Genshin Impact update I was uhh, a little busy.*

71uhn3vBDwL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Such laziness shocks and appalls me, like @NarkyOtic in 2018 for Secret Santa Albums where she didn't listen to a single pick of mine and of which I will never let her forget should something of this sort come up for a secret santa of any type.

ZKs easily the worst offender out of everyone here, he took on a double movie list from two separate people but didn’t even watch a single one of them lmao........

71uhn3vBDwL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I'm glad you still love me enough to remind me how shit of a person I am, my noble Silver Stallion <3

Seriously though, having been on the receiving end of shitty ghost Santa recipients, I cleaned my act right the fuck up after that.

Your exams are doing what now? Did they at least buy you a drink first?

Time for the BIG reveal, dramatic drum roll please:

@Zed -> renorxukuth
@HasseRovdjur -> Thrawn
@randomredneck -> femcore
@ZetsubouKaiji -> OkamiHime95
@Schizm -> Gens
@Taek -> Zed
@Thrawn -> Franconator
@Gens -> Taek
@OkamiHime95 -> SpanglishJC
@UniversalParanoia1 -> Schizm
@renorxukuth -> Mistliigh
@SpanglishJC -> HasseRovdjur
@Franconator -> UniversalParanoia1
@MistLiigh -> Vuh
@Vuh -> randomredneck
@femcore -> ZetsubouKaiji
@RascaI -> ZetsubouKaiji
@Thrawn -> RascaI

Merry Xmas guys for another successful and fun event! (Zed and ZK can go lick a dirty ass sock though for not reviewing any movies)

On a side note, I am so damn SAD that @Taek didn't even get to the best movies on my list that I worked so hard on. I think I'mma cry now.

Zed and ZK, proving that those whose names start with Z suck the most eggs.

@HasseRovdjur you clever, clever bastard! Picking all those Japanese movies threw me off massively, and I still intend to catch that first pick. Wish I caught more of them, as the ones I did watch were pretty damn great and that gal in My Lucky Stars, that is some prime-time shiznit. You definitely know what I like.

And @Franconator

If I get you I will give you two lists: One of all noir, this massive ass list of all this good shit that makes you want to go out and buy some bourbon to drink at night in the dark while you watch the classics and underrated hits, and another one that is full of classic movies.

God I never expected to get you two times now, I guess this makes up for two years ago when I watched Zero of your picks huh? XD Thank you @Thrawn for your epic tastes

ZK was actually going to make the recommendations at first, but then Thrawn actually messaged me he wanted to make some recommendations to you to make it less obvious and throw it off so we went with that entirely instead. It was the biggest galaxy brain moment we ever had:

RJGhE4y.jpg

Back