Secret Santa:Entertainment Movie Board Edition 2018

Gens

Database Moderator
It's a shame chicken has now retired from the forum, but I thought to myself this was actually a pretty good and fun idea for a thread he came up with so I'm reviving this version of Secret Santa from last year.

Copy pasta'd post:
------
While it's always nice to receive a trio of anime in your stocking during the holiday season, wouldn't it also be nice to chase those down with a trio of non-anime films chosen for you by another Secret Santa? Well, it's time to jingle your bells with the Entertainment Board's first ever Secret Santa, in which we secretly exchange movies through an intermediary (me) and users can recc up to as many as they want at their own discretion, where you can review 1 or as many as you want. It's the same concept as the anime version.

The format of the participation post is as follows:

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
Link to forum user account:
Favorite Genres:
No-Go Genres:
Okay with R-rated:
Other:

Other can be used to designate whether you have a specific runtime estimate you'd prefer or whatever other pertinent information will help your Secret Santa select the right movies for you.

Important Dates
November 30- Due date for participation

December 1-I will PM you your receiver's participation post. Please make up a film list, add in the IMBD links to make it less confusing and respond back to me.
December 5-Participants will receive their films.
December 18-25- Post your review(s) of the movies you've been gifted and we'll reveal your Secret Santa!

Reviews and Discussion Thread: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/...d-reviews-and-commentary-2018-edition.331858/
---------------

Let's see how many people are interested.

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH. THIS IS MY SHIT SON. THIS. IS. MY SHIT. THIS IS WHAT MERICA IS BUILT ON. THIS IS USA AT ITS FINEST

FlamboyantSlipperyKangaroo-small.gif

I'll be back to post my shit.

It's a shame chicken has now retired from the forum, but I thought to myself this was actually a pretty good and fun idea for a thread he came up with so I'm reviving this version of Secret Santa from last year.

Copy pasta'd post:
------
While it's always nice to receive a trio of anime in your stocking during the holiday season, wouldn't it also be nice to chase those down with a trio of non-anime films chosen for you by another Secret Santa? Well, it's time to jingle your bells with the Entertainment Board's first ever Secret Santa, in which we secretly exchange movies through an intermediary (me) and users can recc up to 3 moves, where you can review 1 or all 3 of them. It's the same concept as the anime version.

The format of the participation post is as follows:

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
Link to forum user account:
Favorite Genres:
No-Go Genres:
Okay with R-rated:
Other:

Other can be used to designate whether you have a specific runtime estimate you'd prefer or whatever other pertinent information will help your Secret Santa select the right movies for you.

Important Dates
November 30- Due date for participation

December 1-I will PM you your receiver's participation post. Please select up to three films based on that post and respond back to me.
December 5-Participants will receive their films.
December 18-25- Post your review(s) of the movies you've been gifted and we'll reveal your Secret Santa!
---------------

Let's see how many people are interested.

If I may put this forth, we ended up making a few changes to this, and did like a list of 6-10 movies as recommendation, just because it's hard to predict what people might have seen, and you get a lot of back and forth otherwise, and also added IMDB links onto titles. I can't remember what the other changes were xD

Anime-Planet User Name:
WolfAngelus
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/WolfAngelus/anime/watching
Favorite Genres: Comedy, Horror, Action, Adventure, Fantasy and especially Animated stuff like Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks, Anime movies
No-Go Genres: Pretty much anything that isn't something close-ish to the above (IE: Romance, Western, but if it's tagged like horror + sci-fi, that's fine)
Okay with R-rated: As a legal but virgin adult since 10+ years, I would surely think so.
Other: I have seen a very large chunk of horror movies, so that tag might be tricky, unless it's recent. I am very behind on current & recent movies, so if it's come out within the last 4-ish years, I probably haven't seen it (except Zootopia), and really, really love movies that speak to our inner child, rather than mature adult stuff
Edit: Anime movies would be awesome too, so long as they are stand-alone movies!

Last edited:
If I may put this forth, we ended up making a few changes to this, and did like a list of 6-10 movies as recommendation, just because it's hard to predict what people might have seen, and you get a lot of back and forth otherwise, and also added IMDB links onto titles. I can't remember what the other changes were xD

That's a good point actually, I'll make some amendments then to the first post, the rec list length is at the santa's discretion, and also IMDB links have to be added to the titles.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: Zed60K
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/zed60k.58703/
Favorite Genres: psychological dramas, and cheesy action. But I'm open to all genres.
No-Go Genres: Nay.
Okay with R-rated: Ayy
Other: Nothing too sexual, don't want to be in a state of constant alert of someone walking in on me and thinking I'm into weird kinky ass shit.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: Thrawn
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/thrawn.16524/
Favorite Genres: Action, Film Noir, Violence, Explosions, Comedy, Horror, Dumb Action Flicks, Violent Westerns
No-Go Genres: Romance, sports, musicals, really serious shit, documentries, that highly intellectual shit that's all complex and shit
Okay with R-rated: Hell yeah.
Other: I've seen a lot of noir so bits to kibbles you're finding something I watched. But good luck if you're going for that.

Other: Nothing too sexual, don't want to be in a state of constant alert of someone walking in on me and thinking I'm into weird kinky ass shit.

If you get all the weird kinky shit, you know who to thank.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: ZetsubouKaiji
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/zetsuboukaiji.46550/
Favorite Open to all genres.
No-Go Genres: Nein.
Okay with R-rated: Si
Other: Nada.

I'mma be serious for a moment. The person who gets you gets the hardest job of all because you seen all the shit. The more obscure they go; the worse it gets because you seen that obscure shit. But the person who finds shit you haven't seen, that person is a magnificent god among mortal men. He is the equivalent of Bob Ross or Mr. Rogers in greatness. And is the only reason why you aren't putting any restrictions up. That person will either die or become a legend. Or a legend in death.

Moment over, good luck to that poor bastard.

I'mma be serious for a moment. The person who gets you gets the hardest job of all because you seen all the shit. The more obscure they go; the worse it gets because you seen that obscure shit. But the person who finds shit you haven't seen, that person is a magnificent god among mortal men. He is the equivalent of Bob Ross or Mr. Rogers in greatness. And is the only reason why you aren't putting any restrictions up. That person will either die or become a legend. Or a legend in death.

Kaiji is definitely the true final boss here, there isn't anyone here that can possibly ever hope to out hipster ZK in movies.

I'll write reviews for whatever I do watch so I don't mind rewatches if it's not something I've seen recently.It's all about the spirit of fun. Anyone that does get me shouldn't worry themselves trying to find something I haven't seen. Just suggest stuff you might want to see me review.

I on the other hand, am the first boss, if you name it I've never even heard of it, and if I did see it I don't know that I did see it.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: HasseRovdjur
Link to forum user account: Here
Favorite Genres: Explosions, boobs, French time travel, existential angst, more explosions
No-Go Genres: Bro comedies, vapid romances, overly hetero shit
Okay with R-rated: Bring it
Other: I don't watch a lot of films, so you can safely recommend me pretty much anything, be it new or old.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: HasseRovdjur
Link to forum user account: Here
Favorite Genres: Explosions, boobs, French time travel, existential angst, more explosions
No-Go Genres: Bro comedies, vapid romances, overly hetero shit
Okay with R-rated: Bring it
Other: I don't watch a lot of films, so you can safely recommend me pretty much anything, be it new or old.

Right so if I recommend you boobs they have to be lesbian boobs. Got it.

Don't mind me I'm searching for gay explosions.

They can also be French boobs independent of sexual orientation. But no French explosions.

Do I win a prize if I recommend lesbian French boobs having an existential crisis while time traveling, when plot twist the time travel causes explosions, but plot twist 2 since GayFrenTits has time traveled back to ancient times when France was Gaul they're technically not French explosions?

I'm going to tag @Taek for this, his job these days literally consists of just watching a bunch of movies. He has to be in for this.
This is why you're my favourite.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: Taek
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Taek
Favorite Genres: (post)Horror, slow as fuck sci fi, drama, dat psychological shit, dat sexy shit
No-Go Genres: Bro comedies, romance in general, bro action
Okay with R-rated: yes please
Other: whatevs guys just rec me shit.

Back