Say "I love you."

Let's go be bishy together Funk. I'll buy the first round.

Way ahead of you, I have the whispy hair wig, nonchalant dreamy thousand yard stare, a shirt that doubles as a blouse, skin tight-ass-showing jeans and my smirk already charged, and ready to go.

Finally finished the first episode.
I liked that the studio has put a lot of emphasis on the atmosphere and emotions so far, as that is pretty much where the strength of the series lies, as I reckon.
I also think the main guy looks better in the anime somehow. I guess I always thought he never really fit the Black & White color scheme in the manga.
I'm impressed so far, and I hope this keeps up so that we'll have two good shoujos this season.

is it really a shoujo? seems borderline josei to me (though it's early to call it after 1 ep >.> and I also don't have experience with the manga to back my read here)

Not that it bothers me personally, but wouldn't this be in danger of causing another shit-storm about manga spoilers?
Background characters and mention.
That's all, really. No spoilers. I haven't read that far into the manga myself, and I barely remember half of that, so I don't really have anything to spoil in the first place. "smut" is even one of the tags for this series in many places.

Background characters and mention.
That's all, really. No spoilers. I haven't read that far into the manga myself, and I barely remember half of that, so I don't really have anything to spoil in the first place. "smut" is even one of the tags for this series in many places.

Fair enough, I just seem to remember people getting into shit with mods for mentioning anything manga-related that hadn't come to pass in the anime yet.

Episode 2
It's relieving to see Mei has made a trustworthy friend. I'm not the kind to paraphrase the entire episode but... I like how Mei is trying to be so proper and controlled with the relationship while Kurosawa just violates any sense of discretion.

But seriously Kurosawa, who does that? Poor Mei, she's gonna be traumatised. With this episode I'm convinced the manga was smut.

Episode 2:

So far my favourite OP of the season. Generally it was a fine episode, nothing special but I like this kind of stories. I was taken aback by getting chick by commenting on the big boobs... the guy is flawless...

Well, I never expected that for the second episode.

So much talk of boobs and watermelon monsters sorta kinda changed the tone of the series in my opinion. I wasn't expecting it to be so "adult." However, I did foresee the whole rumor thing and I was expecting there to be bullying.

Also, the second episode felt as if it moved to fast. An anti-social girl who avoids people becoming friends and openly hanging out and talking to another person so quick seems out of character (I don't think it was actually right away, but it moved over a span of time too quick). I would have rather seen that fleshed out a little.

Still really like the show, though.

Well, I never expected that for the second episode.

So much talk of boobs and watermelon monsters sorta kinda changed the tone of the series in my opinion. I wasn't expecting it to be so "adult." However, I did foresee the whole rumor thing and I was expecting there to be bullying.

Still really like the show, though.
Sadly (or not depending how you look at it), I went to an all-girls school but I did mix with boys and do feel that boob discussion is not exactly out of the norm for 16 year olds or a co-ed high school. The interaction between Mei and Asami felt really realistic too. I like the way this show is written, even if it does not seem like it will bring anything particularly new to the table. It's like Kimi ni Todoke but not ignoring the sexual tension that would be present like that show did. If this show turns into smut, I am all for it.

episode 2.... as a black man, i can relate to that last line.
a kiss as good as deep fried chicken? that's one damn good kiss.

i like how this series flows.... the interactions are complicated and nothing ever goes as smooth as you think it would in a normal story, but gets all fucked up like it would in real life.

two relations ships in bloom, now we can double date.

we talked about fried chicken and watermelon.... now need some kool-aid and i'm gonna call it a night!

Episode 3:

Another good episode, and things seem to go in the right direction. I liked the backstories and fairly enjoyed all the interactions. They do make a really cute couple...
And ofc the charachter I almost hate the most hits the scene... bleh...
Mei's mother was funny... I'm definitely looking forward to see 'introduction to family scene', this kind of anime usualy makes...

Episode 4
This episode spent a lot of time pissing me off. Like at the lunch date with Yamato and the creepy guy, they were talking about Mei like she was a show dog or a stray or something. "Oh yeah, when we first found her she was very ratty and not very sociable, but she's getting better! I think it's the Purina Dog Chow we've been feeding her, to be honest. Keeps her coat nice and shiny." And she just takes it. I'll admit, I'm not very sociable, and in situations where I'm meeting new people, especially ones who make me uncomfortable like that guy, I'm very very quiet. But I wouldn't stand for them discussing me like I'm not even there. At least later Mei actually does something, but Yamato should quit treating her like a dog and spouting things like "SHE'S MINE ALL MINE!!!"
And then, we see her running off again when she gets mad at Yamato. I'm worried this'll become the weekly occurrence. If she just tried to deal with stuff as it happened rather than run off and make Yamato look for her whenever she got the tiniest bit stressed out her life would run a lot smoother. I know it's good for the drama and keeping things interesting and whatnot, but I still find it annoying.

A good thing about this show (because I'm loving it to bits in spite of myself) is how it's far more realistic then a lot of shoujo anime where every character and their mother is a virgin and whatnot. They don't shy away from the fact that kissing is not the furthest anyone in high school has ever gone (even though it's the furthest I've ever gone. But in reality, I think I'm the exception.) and I loved when Yamato proclaims that he intends to sleep with Mei and she panics and calls him an idiot. I feel like, with the exception of a few characters who come off thus far looking like sociopaths, the characters are pretty realistic as far as anime can go.

So take my rantings as you will. I await episode 5 at the edge of my seat.

I think this is the first anime I've ever seen that has given a character legitimate physical flaws relatable for teenagers like acne and stretch marks.

Episode 4 was ok. Mei keeps growing as a character, Yamato I still feel cynically toward
as they continue to gloss over things like him having pity sex with an insecure girl as "i wanted to help her" - not sure he knows what he is talking about half the time. Not sure if Mei should be trusting his emotions.

Loving this anime, reminds me of Kimi Ni Todoke in a way, but kinda flipped upside down... Kimi Ni Todoke is defiantly my top 3.

Frigging love romance/slice of life/drama.. <3

Back