Say "I love you."

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Fumze, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Fumze

Fumze Active Member

Posted by Fumze on Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  2. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Oct 7, 2012
    This was an enjoyable watch. I love the characters, their situations are really understandable and somewhat relatable.

3. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Suki-tte Ii na yo will pretty much be the competitor with Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun when it comes to this genre.
    I will ahead of time say that the latter will be better, though I'm curious to see how this will develop.

4. kawainu

kawainu Member

Posted by kawainu on Oct 7, 2012
    Is this also a comedy like Tonari no kaibutsu-kun or is it all romance?

5. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

I believe this one edges more towards romance.

6. sysmibmip

sysmibmip New Member

I like. Personally I'd say Tonari no Kaibutusu kun would be a smidgen better but who knows. Seeing how the main characters are set out, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be too similar to Kimi ni Todoke.

7. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Oct 8, 2012
    Well manga was smut... so you can probably figure it out...

8. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

Posted by Funkgun on Oct 8, 2012
    Oh hey, a title to go in the watching with my wife pile. =)

It has all the obvious classic drama, maybe like Wallflower minus the reverse harem. But she is not quite the weird chick that Sunako was. Still, not sure where the friction, or relationship woes will come from, seeing that in the first episode we have
    a kiss
    Side note: Stalker guy was actually kinda creepy. I'd have called him out as a douche.

Anyhow,
    Piano was a nice musical touch.
    Designs and quality were good enough for the type of title it was.

9. sysmibmip

sysmibmip New Member

Am I the only one that thought the man
    just maybe, might have been the dad, or someone related to him? Yes it sounds stupid.

Oh... ok :pokerface:

10. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Oct 8, 2012
    Episode 1:

Seems very promising, I'll be following this for sure. The dynamic between the two leads isn't unheard of but the female protagonist is at least not an overused trope and still differs a little from most similar characters that I've seen, however I cannot be a hundred percent sure on this claim. The artstyle at first didn't match my tastes but quickly grew on me and the interaction of people with the two main characters feels only a little forced, but that's because through them we must establish the characters of the main two.

Interesting, is all I can call it up till now but the good kind of interesting.

11. Reat

Reat Member

Posted by Reat on Oct 8, 2012
    The main characters seem really, really generic. Mr. Perfect Popularity as the male love interest? How boring. The girl is also a very typical loner type that is popular in these kinds of shoujos, but there doesn't seem to be anything to differentiate her from all the other loner leads. Compare her to the main girl from Tonari no Kaibutusu, which is the same character type. The girl from Tonari just seems so much more interesting. And why do they both have dead rabbits? That's just weird.

The stalker thing was just dumb. Why not call the police instead of your house or some random guy you barely know and don't want anything to do with? The kissing solution was also dumb. Stalkers don't care if you have a boyfriend, they're usually going for the rape option afterall.

12. gin

gin New Member

Posted by gin on Oct 8, 2012
    I don't know what compelled me to even finish watching this episode after that intro.

Guess Tonari's up next, episode 2 was just translated too.

13. femcore

femcore Well-Known Member

Loving this show already.

1) You don't know the stalker's reasoning for stalking. He could have just wanted to approach her and ask her out, but was incredibly awkward about it. People don't stalk simply for rape, people stalk for various reasons (stalking is always bad, though).

2) Not everyone actually trusts police. Lots of times, it's more beneficial to contact someone who will act immediately, police don't usually act immediately. Out where I live, if you were being stalked like that, it'd be beneficial to first call a family member to come meet you at the shop and then call the police, because the average response time to get a sheriff/cop is an hour wait.

14. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

But, but, he rocks a badly cut mullet. He deserves props for that alone!

15. oninosweeney

oninosweeney Active Member

episode 1... i like; more serious slice of life, high school romance, light on the comedy. gets my emotional juices flowing. definatly sticking with this one.

i thought the same thing, but my tastes lean more towards the former; may be a toss up.

50 Shades of Grey smut, Harlequin Romance smut or Hentai smut?

16. Rastamepas

Rastamepas Database Moderator

well MangaUpdates doesn't have it under partial nudity, borderline hentai, or nudity. So I'm assuming it's not hentai or shades of grey smut level.

17. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

Unless it takes a dive off into left field, it is more romance pulp in a Shojo form.
    Not quite a title like Kaikan Phrase, where the Manga was a bit more sensual than the anime. Of course both were Bishy-uber-fluff.

18. Rastamepas

Rastamepas Database Moderator

Let's go be bishy together Funk. I'll buy the first round.

19. sysmibmip

sysmibmip New Member

Stop it with the weird anticipations. Suki tte ii na yo is clearly going to be hardcore melodramatic shoujo goodness.

20. Aranneas

Aranneas New Member

Suki-tte Ii na yo. | Anime-Planet
    looks like the hypemachine is going at full tilt...

regardless, I enjoyed the first ep a lot while I was watching but for some reason now in the morning after I can't get myself excited about what's to come. maybe I'm just burned out on this style of show? it's not as if there was anything I overtly disliked or even just found meh, I honestly thought it was a strong open...