Review the Song

I wonder what was in there, because I cannot open it due to "Video unavailable. Blocked in your country on copyright grounds"..
Strange if Schizm was able to see it, usually Germany has more content blocked on youtube.

Nah, I couldn't see it either.

I really like electronic music so I liked this a lot! I'm also not sure if this is unusual but I also tend to prefer music with no lyrics or lyrics I don't understand which this fits into. The only downside is that this is a little too angsty for me to want to add to my drinking playlist and doesn't have a female singer so doesn't fit in my Morgana playlist either. Still, it's solid!

7.5/10

Oldie but goodie. Listen to whichever of these you prefer. I like both equally.

*cough cough, I thought you did not like 'grating guitars', but Lacuna Coil is not particularly known for the acoustic sound XD
jk jk don't take me seriously XD

*cough cough, I thought you did not like 'grating guitars', but Lacuna Coil is not particularly known for the acoustic sound XD

Music from my youth will always stick with me. It's stuff I haven't heard before that I can't pick up anymore. Who knows, maybe in the future I won't care for electronic music anymore but I think the songs I love now will stick with me.

An example: when I was REALLY young I liked Backstreet Boys. I don't go out of my way to listen to them but I won't turn the station if they pop up either. But I haven't liked boy bands (like that anyway, thinking One Direction is a newish one right?) in a LONG time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like electronic music so I liked this a lot! I'm also not sure if this is unusual but I also tend to prefer music with no lyrics or lyrics I don't understand which this fits into. The only downside is that this is a little too angsty for me to want to add to my drinking playlist and doesn't have a female singer so doesn't fit in my Morgana playlist either. Still, it's solid!

7.5/10

Basically nobody does dark and moody synth pop really better than Depeche Mode. Violator is always going to be their absolute peak album for them. Listening to Depeche Mode gets me into a strangely contemplative mood while wanting to head bop. Enjoy the Silence is a song everyone knows from this album that gets regular rotation and I still love it, but I do have to admit there are more musically interesting tracks on the album to me. Nonetheless, very nice pick.

----
Next Song:

Basically nobody does dark and moody synth pop really better than Depeche Mode. Violator is always going to be their absolute peak album for them. Listening to Depeche Mode gets me into a strangely contemplative mood while wanting to head bop. Enjoy the Silence is a song everyone knows from this album that gets regular rotation and I still love it, but I do have to admit there are more musically interesting tracks on the album to me. Nonetheless, very nice pick.

----
Next Song:

I've heard this before and it's always a treat!

Er, I prefer the vocals/sound of the first but the video of the 2nd. Make of that what you will.

----
Next Song:

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself. Hey, Paul!

I've come to really love Huey Lewis & The News as a band over the years and above and beyond their songs popping up in some of my favourite movies. Fore! is a great and catchy 80s rock album with tons of feelgood rhythms and earworm lyrics (though overall I prefer Sports) with Hip being the hottest thing on that album. That fun organ, the addicting pre-chorus, Huey's uplifting vocal style, it's all there and not much else needs to be said.

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW
-------------------------------

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself. Hey, Paul!

I've come to really love Huey Lewis & The News as a band over the years and above and beyond their songs popping up in some of my favourite movies. Fore! is a great and catchy 80s rock album with tons of feelgood rhythms and earworm lyrics (though overall I prefer Sports) with Hip being the hottest thing on that album. That fun organ, the addicting pre-chorus, Huey's uplifting vocal style, it's all there and not much else needs to be said.

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW
-------------------------------
Well, if I were to describe it with one word, it would be: Chaos.

If anything, I like experimental music, and toying with genres, with disharmony, with instruments mix, tempo and pitch - sounds like fun to me (pun intended).
However, I think I would have been more impressed with this if I weren't already well familiar with experiments by Igorrr who mix genres and make very weird and trippy music more suiting my tastes. So while I can't say I disliked this song, I'm not overly excited either. I just recognize the creative craziness, and think that it'd be nice to keep this song up my sleeve to blow the mind of some mainstream-loving normie on an occasion, but I doubt that I'm gonna listen to it for my personal pleasure.

And of course, I cannot skip mentioning the video. Actually, I've sent it to some girls I know to test and compare the reactions. Judging by the results, I am not a pervert, lmao.
I mean, I still might be, but at least in this case everyone is more or less uniform in the associations. So yeah, kudos, very fun and creative concept XD

P.S. Damn, I feel a bit embarrassed, because I suspect that Gens liked this song more and would have done the review much better and with a colorful vocabulary referring to the instrument parts and the sound... sorry if I deprived you of the desired chance to do it.

=============

Well, if I were to describe it with one word, it would be: Chaos.

If anything, I like experimental music, and toying with genres, with disharmony, with instruments mix, tempo and pitch - sounds like fun to me (pun intended).
However, I think I would have been more impressed with this if I weren't already well familiar with experiments by Igorrr who mix genres and make very weird and trippy music more suiting my tastes. So while I can't say I disliked this song, I'm not overly excited either. I just recognize the creative craziness, and think that it'd be nice to keep this song up my sleeve to blow the mind of some mainstream-loving normie on an occasion, but I doubt that I'm gonna listen to it for my personal pleasure.

And of course, I cannot skip mentioning the video. Actually, I've sent it to some girls I know to test and compare the reactions. Judging by the results, I am not a pervert, lmao.
I mean, I still might be, but at least in this case everyone is more or less uniform in the associations. So yeah, kudos, very fun and creative concept XD

P.S. Damn, I feel a bit embarrassed, because I suspect that Gens liked this song more and would have done the review much better and with a colorful vocabulary referring to the instrument parts and the sound... sorry if I deprived you of the desired chance to do it.

=============

It's quite fine honestly, schizm already knows what a big death grips fan I am lmao.

Bill Callahan's had a pretty prolific file of work especially under his other name smog with his lo-fi aesthetic. I've always respected the guy and he has a pretty good baritone voice to deliver his dry wit. He's the kind of guy to go for pretty minimalist sparse arrangements, you get string embellishment, a few guitar licks here and there, the piano keeps steady throughout the song. "All these fine memories are fuckin’ me down" is one of my favourite lines here. Overall pretty cool song from the guy with his alt-country vibe.

----
Next Song:

It's quite fine honestly, schizm already knows what a big death grips fan I am lmao.

Bill Callahan's had a pretty prolific file of work especially under his other name smog with his lo-fi aesthetic. I've always respected the guy and he has a pretty good baritone voice to deliver his dry wit. He's the kind of guy to go for pretty minimalist sparse arrangements, you get string embellishment, a few guitar licks here and there, the piano keeps steady throughout the song. "All these fine memories are fuckin’ me down" is one of my favourite lines here. Overall pretty cool song from the guy with his alt-country vibe.

----
Next Song:

Ah, one of those albums my ex-flatmate would blast after work with Pete being one of his favourite producers. I certainly have a bias towards Golden Age hip hop with jazz samples and conscious lyrics in general and prefer it over the gangsta shit (though I love that too) so this stuff is definitely up my alley. Love how much is going on with the sampling, CL Smooth bringing the chill flow and overall it's something I wanna listen to at nighttime with a spliff in my hand. 90s beatmaking smoothness man, sooooo good.

------------------------

Come on, somebody review this last song! Let's unstuck the thread :3
I'd do that myself but it's a rare situation when I have absolutely nothing to say about it -.-'

Ah, one of those albums my ex-flatmate would blast after work with Pete being one of his favourite producers. I certainly have a bias towards Golden Age hip hop with jazz samples and conscious lyrics in general and prefer it over the gangsta shit (though I love that too) so this stuff is definitely up my alley. Love how much is going on with the sampling, CL Smooth bringing the chill flow and overall it's something I wanna listen to at nighttime with a spliff in my hand. 90s beatmaking smoothness man, sooooo good.

------------------------

It reminds me of Wu Tang Clan, which is not a bad thing. I do like 90s old school rap beats. I've always thought they fit perfectly where rap was more lyrical instead of just a catchy hook or beat.

I have not listened to a song more in 2021 than this one

It reminds me of Wu Tang Clan, which is not a bad thing. I do like 90s old school rap beats. I've always thought they fit perfectly where rap was more lyrical instead of just a catchy hook or beat.

I have not listened to a song more in 2021 than this one

That is some pretty fantastic shoegaze right there, unf. Just DROWN ME in that densely heavy warm distortion, the atmosphere of this song completely puts me in a trance. Easy 10/10 song.

---
Next Song:

Next Song:
I guess it's okay if you like what I'm assume is honky tonk piano (idk, I refuse to learn about the devil's ivories) and those olden thymes ( a.k.a. '60s) backup singers punctuating certain words for more emphasis. It creates a good forward momentum throughout the song, and it's catchy enough, but I don't find it to be a memorable ditty. I suck, as always.

I guess it's okay if you like what I'm assume is honky tonk piano (idk, I refuse to learn about the devil's ivories) and those olden thymes ( a.k.a. '60s) backup singers punctuating certain words for more emphasis. It creates a good forward momentum throughout the song, and it's catchy enough, but I don't find it to be a memorable ditty. I suck, as always.

Someone's listening to GTA Vice City's soundtrack again. Vice city does have the best GTA soundtrack out of the games as far as I'm concerned though. The bass and rhythm section are on fire, funky enough for me to consider putting on some bell-bottoms and a pair of platform shoes. Just can't beat those deliciously feel good vibes of funk music.

-----
Next Song:

Someone's listening to GTA Vice City's soundtrack again. Vice city does have the best GTA soundtrack out of the games as far as I'm concerned though. The bass and rhythm section are on fire, funky enough for me to consider putting on some bell-bottoms and a pair of platform shoes. Just can't beat those deliciously feel good vibes of funk music.

-----
Next Song:

Nice and classic sleaze from Finland, a band that should be remembered for more than drummer Razzle's death at the hands of drunk driver Vince Neil. This is their first album after the breakup and while I'm not familiar with that phase of the band it's still pretty great honestly. Love the Stooges wah leads/noises and harmonica freakouts, always a fucking great combination and the riffs are dirty fun which is always the most important thing anyway. Vocals are pretty much how they're supposed to be as well. Cool song.

------------------------

You don't review a song, your song doesn't get reviewed. Easy as that.

That zombie lady on the cover looks pretty slim for just having given birth... Oh, well Vincent Locke has done some non-shameful stuff along his Vampire drawings, and it's better than some of his other latter-day offerings for Cannibal Corpse.

The former Buffalonians still got it, but it's not among their catchiest stuff. Corpsegrinder gruffs as usual and Paul beats harder than most, but the riffage is a bit too intricate for its own sake to be memorable (I guess if you count it as a groove it works, though). Apart from the half-time grooving, at least. I'm still not used to US death, I guess.

Erik Rutan joining was a surprise, but I suppose a certain Pat is still indisposed...

Back