Revamped new set of redesigned badges!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, May 1, 2019.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on May 1, 2019
    A month ago, we announced the first set of redesigned badges based on our current brand and design. While most liked the badges, some felt they were missing the liveliness, spirit, and cuteness of the old style.

Based on this feedback, we went back to the drawing board to see if there was a way to tweak the new style and bring more of A-P's whimsical feel into it, while still keeping the current brand in place (papercraft styling, a modern feel, etc)

Today we're launching the new set of the new set of badges :) we've updated three of them, and are working on updates to the others, as well as starting to convert more of the old badges into this new style.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Badges will have more color variation moving forward - these aren't the ONLY colors we'll use, they just happen to match in this set. Additionally, we'll experiment with different badge shapes and other ways to liven things up.

We hope these will delight both the fans, and the anti-fans, of the previous batch. And thanks for your ongoing feedback and support of Anime-Planet - we really appreciate it.

2. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Posted by Turky on May 1, 2019
    I was okay with the previous ones but this just makes them better. Kudos.

SMores, Schizm and Nicknames like this.
  3. Starfrost

Starfrost Active Member

I didn't mind the blue ones, but the redesign is much more eye-catching. Great work!

Nicknames and SMores like this.
  4. SMores

SMores Well-Known Member

Posted by SMores on May 1, 2019
    From good to better and now to best.

Nicknames and Starfrost like this.
  5. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

I definitely like the more colorful ones.

Nicknames, Starfrost and SMores like this.
  6. Starra

Starra Database Moderator

Posted by Starra on May 2, 2019
    Agreed, colour makes them look nicer! :duck:

LavanderGirl and Nicknames like this.
  7. Melicent

Melicent Member

Lovely improvements! These look great!

Nicknames likes this.
  8. Ryan1555

Ryan1555 Well-Known Member

Will we get more badges in the future ?

9. Kari5

Kari5 Database Moderator

Posted by Kari5 on May 16, 2019
    She mentioned in other posts there are new badges coming out in the future :)

Ryan1555 likes this.
  10. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

Badges that require a set of anime, like 50 gundam, or x amount of studio. Are those lists being updated, or where they already auto updated, etc? Things like the Dragonball badge also have another layer of abstraction to the end user, like does the crossing guard Dragonball short count, or things like Super since that came out after, if the badge requires an x amount or an x% seen.

11. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

You need like a badge that can morph into a new badge. "Now you've seen super" That, or a badge that gets a Ribbon.

12. NekroNeko

NekroNeko New Member

Looked at my badges and noticed the last time I got a badge for being a member for 'x' years was my 8 year badge way back in 2015. Thought there would've been a 10 year badge at least.