Resident Evil series

Been wanting to play Resident Evil 4 again but I have issues with my PS2 controller that prevent me from playing it properly (it doesn't read button mashing very well making parts like getting past the giant boulder impossible), so I'm looking into getting one of the modern ports when they go on sale. Only thing is I don't know which one I should get, PC or PS4? I'd get it on PC but I'm concerned that the controls might feel awkward with the keyboard and mouse.

Been wanting to play Resident Evil 4 again but I have issues with my PS2 controller that prevent me from playing it properly (it doesn't read button mashing very well making parts like getting past the giant boulder impossible), so I'm looking into getting one of the modern ports when they go on sale. Only thing is I don't know which one I should get, PC or PS4? I'd get it on PC but I'm concerned that the controls might feel awkward with the keyboard and mouse.

PS4 port is just fine actually and should more than suffice. PC port had issues at initial release IIRC but I'm sure that got all patched out by now. Yeah though, control-wise it would just feel wrong to me too without a controller.

Finished up Leon A in RE2 remake, started Claire B and I'm really not a fan of how the B scenarios work at the moment. Some save points seem to have been removed or shuffled around and what really baffles me is that the windows I boarded up are unboarded again. I remember in OG RE2 that some things you did in the A scenario effected the B scenario, doesn't seem like that's the case here so far. On top of that I get this really terrible revolver with an extremely lengthy reload speed and if I hold the trigger down for more than the slightest moment I wind up rapidly firing more shots and wasting ammo.

Bleh. I'll take a break and finish this up when I feel like it.

Potential RE 8 leaks so take it with a big whopping dollop of salt.

-Seems it'll be first person again and Ethan will return. Mixed feelings if true. I feel like Ethan should only be a one-time character since he's just a regular dude but at the same time I'm intrigued why once again he's mixed up in another BOW outbreak.
-Zombies are back. Zombies are cool so I'm cool with this.
-A new werewolf-type enemy. If true then yeah this seems like a neat idea.
-Some ghost lady will be persistently chasing you like Nemesis or the mass-produced "Mr. X" T-00s. Pursuer-types enemies in RE are a hit or miss for me but the ghost-like features intrigue me.
-Suppose to take place in a village and a castle and some snowy areas. Very RE 4 alright.
-Chris Redfiend will return. Uh that's cool I guess. So...whatever the fuck happened to Jill after 5?

Thoughts?

Playing through both scenarios of RE2make again to get hyped for Nemesis later this April. I'm playing with the noir costumes and b/w filter for the first time and while it shouldn't be all that mindblowing it looks absolutely gorgeous in black and white.

It's like I'm playing a 30s/40s version of a George A. Romero movie. Almost compelled to put on some Cab Calloway or cool jazz while running through the police station.

Playing through both scenarios of RE2make again to get hyped for Nemesis later this April. I'm playing with the noir costumes and b/w filter for the first time and while it shouldn't be all that mindblowing it looks absolutely gorgeous in black and white.

It's like I'm playing a 30s/40s version of a George A. Romero movie. Almost compelled to put on some Cab Calloway or cool jazz while running through the police station.
I'm playing it through again in noir mode as well. I'm at the sewers now, and admittedly they don't look good in B&W, but the police station in black and white was awesome.

I'm playing it through again in noir mode as well. I'm at the sewers now, and admittedly they don't look good in B&W, but the police station in black and white was awesome.

Yeah, I couldn't see a damn thing in the sewers either. The police station was definitely the best "noir" section of the game, it gradually loses that feel with the more outlandish enemies and locations once you progress.

Yeah, I couldn't see a damn thing in the sewers either. The police station was definitely the best "noir" section of the game, it gradually loses that feel with the more outlandish enemies and locations once you progress.
Tbh, the police station is the best section of the game, period. It took me five playthroughs to actually find my way in the sewers.

I'm playing RE4 with keyboard and mouse, and I have to play on Easy because Leon handles like a drunkard. Aiming is easier, but positioning is incredibly difficult.

The RE4 remake rumor is bumming me out...

RE 2 and I suppose RE 3 needed remakes since they've been stuck in fixed camera hell up to this point. RE 4 wouldn't benefit from a remake. IMO, it's perfect as it is and the remasters showed that it's still fun and playable today. It just doesn't feel right.

Couldn't agree more. It's the game that brought RE to the modern era and the most recent remakes even use part of its gameplay and the over the shoulder camera. I don't think it should be done just for a graphics overhaul.

Now if Code Veronica were to get a remake I'd be all over it.

Just finished RE3make.
I stretched the game out over three nights, searched every nook and cranny and took my time until I went into new areas but it still was over way too soon. I'm not one of those people who wants to play a game on every difficulty or get an S Rank or w/e so the game's length was disappointing.

This game feels like a lesser 2. I wasn't a huge fan of the scripted Nemesis encounters or some areas, I sucked at using Jill's evasion move so that was fun once the Pale Heads appeared, Grave Digger is missing which I was disappointed with (Nemesis is like the only boss you fight in this game not counting Carlos vs. a bunch of enemies in the hospital) and again the game was way too short. Most of these flaws are owed to the original 3 though which was also kinda rushed after the success of RE2.

That said RE3make is still tons of fun. It's more of what you already loved about its predecessor and while not every area is a hit some others do shine and I liked seeing some of the stuff that went down in the police station prior to Leon's and Claire's arrival. The addition of Hunters in this game was also excellent and running into them at the hospital was awesome af. The Gamma Hunters in the sewers are the closest thing to Grave Digger we get in this game and they were excellent too. Still would have loved lo see the graveyard and that particular boss again.

Last edited:
Just finished RE3make.
I stretched the game out over three nights, searched every nook and cranny and took my time until I went into new areas but it still was over way too soon. I'm not one of those people who wants to play a game on every difficulty or get an S Rank or w/e so the game's length was disappointing.

This game feels like a lesser 2. I wasn't a huge fan of the scripted Nemesis encounters or some areas, I sucked at using Jill's evasion move so that was fun once the Pale Heads appeared, Grave Digger is missing which I was disappointed with (Nemesis is like the only boss you fight in this game not counting Carlos vs. a bunch of enemies in the hospital) and again the game was way too short. Most of these flaws are owed to the original 3 though which was also kinda rushed after the success of RE2.

That said RE3make is still tons of fun. It's more of what you already loved about its predecessor and while not every area is a hit some others do shine and I liked seeing some of the stuff that went down in the police station prior to Leon's and Claire's arrival. The addition of Hunters in this game was also excellent and running into them at the hospital was awesome af. The Gamma Hunters in the sewers are the closest thing to Grave Digger we get in this game and they were excellent too. Still would have loved lo see the graveyard and that particular boss again.

Yeah it's pretty underwhelming I hear but still fun and this is why I decided to just wait for a sale. I'm not paying 60 bucks for something I could finish in one day.

Yeah it's pretty underwhelming I hear but still fun and this is why I decided to just wait for a sale. I'm not paying 60 bucks for something I could finish in one day.

Yeah, that price tag still stings despite my love for the game and it's more of a glorified DLC than anything tbh with the missing content. At least the remake craze is over now and we can look to the future with RE (unless CV gets a makeover which would still be great if they decide to not cut stuff left and right).

You do know there are rumors of RE 4 being remade floating around, right?

We talked about it before and I still don't see a reason for it if it's actually happening. The game doesn't warrant a remake yet because they basically still port and remaster it for like every console that's coming out. It introduced the gameplay mechanics known in RE today and it's still in people's minds so just doing it for a visual upgrade is not enough.

I'm more excited for RE8 and the leaked rumours you posted.

We talked about it before and I still don't see a reason for it if it's actually happening. The game doesn't warrant a remake yet because they basically still port and remaster it for like every console that's coming out. It introduced the gameplay mechanics known in RE today and it's still in people's minds so just doing it for a visual upgrade is not enough.

I'm more excited for RE8 and the leaked rumours you posted.

Oh yeah. I posted the news here before. My bad.

Yeah. The fact that they might be using the RE 4 prototype as basis got me legit hyped, man.

Back