Request to be added a featured custom list creator

Discussion in 'Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Site Questions' started by sothis, Apr 26, 2017.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Apr 26, 2017
    Moderators are currently looking through the backlog of custom lists to find folks who have created custom lists that meet the featured guidelines. There’s a lot to look through, so if you’d like to request faster consideration, post about it here!

Before requesting, please ensure:

• For any would-be featured custom list, you’ve added reasons, updated titles and other content as needed to meet the guidelines.

• You’ve set any custom lists that don’t meet the guidelines to “people visiting my profile” or “no one”

Reply with confirmation of the above, and a link to your custom lists profile page, and we’ll take a look.

Thanks!

Abc888, Sievah and Vavvaflo like this.
  2. sothis

Posted by sothis on Apr 2, 2019
    We're now caught up with the thread.

- I updated a few custom lists that had pending small 'requests' (like changing the sort to alphabetical) for those who didn't reply (it's been over a year, so)

If your name is here, your lists have been added with no problems or requests!
    • @WolfAngelus
    • @HKBattosai (except for the dropped one which seems like personal tracking)
    • @ka0nashi
    • @kikidarko (I also set your "rain" ones to featured - ideally add more in there as there are only 4-5, but it's great so far!)
    • @Ebonyslayer (+ the romance one)
    • @Jxnny1Mc (though, I encourage you to just use this one list (versus having "parts") - if there's different versions, just put that in the title itself so that it's descriptive)
    • @ironicvolleyball
    • @NightTonight (though, ideally these would have the reasons why you think each is a must watch, since this is a curated set by you)
    • @Hoshikochan added a bunch of your lists that you didn't request - see below for one question though :)
    • @Cibs

Others for comments/requests:

- @Moonyll https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Moonyll/lists/top-manga-i-recomend-114172 for this list, please add reasons instead of the synopses - basically the reasons why you think this set is important

- @Power27 we have that official/automated site tag now for short episode lengths

- @JungleBoy please take another look at the guidelines as none of these fit. There's some personal tracking ones, and some tag-like ones that dont have descriptions, reasons, descriptive titles, etc.

- @TurkeyGami I set the best female one to featured. The androgynous one would just need the trap language removed - if/when you do that ping me and I'll set it to featured. I also set the following others to featured: Best OPs, Anime about villains paths (can you remove 'under construction' from the title? it'll look better XD this one is nice to have reasons but even without, it's a unique enough theme that it's feature-worthy... as this is a hard one to create a tag for). Best characters is probably featureable as well if you add reasons for the rankings!

- @babygiirl I took a look but these don't seem to exist anymore

- @MsPerseus @RogueLynx @captivus @Hoshikochan @Hrinn @Lorand123123 - your requests lists were marked featured, but are they meant to be ranked? If not, please change to alphabetical (or no worries, if I don't hear back in a bit I can do it on my end)

HKBattosai likes this.
  3. sothis

Whoops o_o somehow missed a bunch of posts in the middle:

Added:

"Marked featured, but should it be alphabetical or is it meant to be ranked?"

Questions/comments:

@knoxyal was marking some of your others as featured:
    • is lovable creatures meant to be ranked, or alphabetical? same question for: Tearjerking shows,

• For your mecha watchlist, the title says best to worst (could be featured) but then the descrpition says ordered based on when you watched it. Which is accurate?

@Ebonyslayer the "top 10 favorite of 2018" is one of the ones I didn't mark featured as it seems like personal tracking. If tihs is meant to be for anime that came out in 2018, can you change the title to "Best anime that aired in 2018" or something? I could make it featured then

Gozza likes this.
  4. sothis

Still managed to miss a few:

- @Starra added

- @SpiritSlayer we already have reincarnatoin and "person in a strange world" tags that people can filter on, is there something else that makes this list special? We generally don't feature lists that cover tags we have on the site, unless there's a curation element to it (which would mean reasons for why it's a ranked list,etc)

Starra and Gozza like this.
  5. HKBattosai

HKBattosai Database Moderator

Thanks sothis! I'll have some more I the future. And thank you for the feedback regarding the "dropped" one.
    -HK

Gozza likes this.
  6. knoxyal

knoxyal Database Moderator

Posted by knoxyal on Apr 2, 2019
    Thank you, Sothis.

- Lovable creatures and tearjerking shows are not meant to be ranked.

- The mecha watchlist is sorted in the order I watched (will fix the description).

- For the lists which links you’ve posted, I’ll get the reasons done as soon as possible :)

Nicknames and Gozza like this.
  7. Morikochan

Morikochan New Member

8. sothis

Posted by sothis on Apr 9, 2019
  9. sothis

Posted by sothis on Apr 9, 2019
    Sounds good. If the mecha one is "order watched" as the list theme that's personal tracking/won't mark that featured, for future ones like lovable creatures and tearjerking if you can set them to alphabetical sort it'll make adding them as featured even faster :D (I've changed those two)

knoxyal likes this.
  10. Morikochan

Morikochan New Member

Ok sorry I forgot, changed to alphabetical order

11. makjnr

makjnr New Member

12. AnonymousFan2014

AnonymousFan2014 New Member

13. ArcticTori

ArcticTori New Member

Hi, I have a couple of lists that would be nice to have featured. I've read the guidelines, but please tell me if anything needs a lil' fixing :)

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ArcticTori/lists/reincarnated-into-royalty-and-romance-164087

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ArcticTori/lists/the-adorable-list-of-adoption-and-childc-124040?

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ArcticTori/lists/anime-for-every-interest-almost-128103

The method of ranking has been added in the description of each list.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  14. Amber9

Amber9 New Member

15. Amber9

Amber9 New Member

16. sothis

17. Amber9

Amber9 New Member

Sorry it is a typo and i should be saying ADULT instead of manture.

18. Hoshikochan

Hoshikochan New Member

19. Morikochan

Morikochan New Member

20. knoxyal

knoxyal Database Moderator