Request to be added a featured custom list creator

Discussion in 'Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Site Questions' started by sothis, Apr 26, 2017.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Apr 26, 2017
    Moderators are currently looking through the backlog of custom lists to find folks who have created custom lists that meet the featured guidelines. There’s a lot to look through, so if you’d like to request faster consideration, post about it here!

Before requesting, please ensure:

• For any would-be featured custom list, you’ve added reasons, updated titles and other content as needed to meet the guidelines.

• You’ve set any custom lists that don’t meet the guidelines to “people visiting my profile” or “no one”

Reply with confirmation of the above, and a link to your custom lists profile page, and we’ll take a look.

Thanks!

Noitra, Abc888, Sievah and 2 others like this.
  2. ArcticTori

ArcticTori New Member

Hi, I have a couple of lists that would be nice to have featured. I've read the guidelines, but please tell me if anything needs a lil' fixing :)

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ArcticTori/lists/reincarnated-into-royalty-and-romance-164087

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ArcticTori/lists/the-adorable-list-of-adoption-and-childc-124040?

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/ArcticTori/lists/anime-for-every-interest-128103

The method of ranking has been added in the description of each list.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. Amber9

Amber9 New Member

Posted by Amber9 on Apr 23, 2019
  4. Amber9

Amber9 New Member

Posted by Amber9 on Apr 23, 2019
  5. sothis

Posted by sothis on Apr 23, 2019
  6. Amber9

Amber9 New Member

Posted by Amber9 on Apr 24, 2019
    Sorry it is a typo and i should be saying ADULT instead of manture.

7. Hoshikochan

Hoshikochan New Member

8. Morikochan

Morikochan New Member

9. oZEROo

oZEROo New Member

Posted by oZEROo on May 9, 2019
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/oZEROo/lists/must-watch-fantasy-supernatural-203605
    I have completed the above requirements and would like my list to reviewed as a possible featured list!

10. Cating2015

Cating2015 New Member

I have read the guidelines and have reasons with plans to update my list frequently, and I think people could be interested in a list such as this one.
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/cating/lists/best-animes-with-cute-female-mcs-206889

11. sothis

Hi everyone, I'm currently training the first person in a new team that can actively help with setting new featured lists, and looking out for others that aren't requested. Please bear with us as I'll be replying in batches (based on training sets of these). We'll get through all of them in here shortly!

LupaLunae likes this.
  12. sothis

Added - I can see that there might be missing tags in our entries for some of these. Some seem like slam dunks for the LGBT themes tag (if not all of them). If you're up for it would greatly appreciate your help suggesting tags (either adding or removing) in this section. Just make sure to give reasons for each tag as it makes the mods' approval easy :)

Additionally, if you know of other untranslated or obscure manga that we are missing in our database, let us know here.

13. sothis

Closing the loop on this, most people never replied, and it's been months, so I changed the featured lists to alphabetical ( @RogueLynx , @captivus , @Lorand123123 , @Hoshikochan , @Hrinn )

For @captivus please do remember to fill in the reasons for your "best" lists though

14. sothis

We've taken a look at this one, but it's hard to tell if it fits the guidelines

• The title seems unique - gorgeous characters (borderline too generic, but) + unique characters
    • But the reasons don't say anything about why the characters are unique
    • Also most of them seem more like "BL that I like" type of comments without much of a tie to the title

This one might be better to keep as personal tracking?

15. sothis

We've thought about this one carefully, but it doesn't seem to fit the guidelines quite right at this time. The title is fairly general ("Best story" can mean a lot of things and is broad), which sometimes is ok, but:

• Only some of the reasons are filled in

• Most of the reasons that are filled in seem more about why the anime is good in general, versus why the story, specifically, is better than usual in these anime. For example, HXH says "great action anime that has a good foundation" (unclear why this is one of the best stories/plots), some also just say what the plot is and not why it belongs on the list

Feels like this one might be better as a personal tracking list. thank you for the submission!

16. RogueLynx

RogueLynx Well-Known Member

umm... my list was supposed to be ranked... apologies for not having seen this earlier... don't seem to have ever gotten an alert for it though...

17. sothis

Everyone was pinged in the previous post similarly,

If you'd like to switch it back to ranked, make sure to put what the rank is in the description, as well as make sure the reasons make it clear why they're in that order. Your list isn't framed as a "Best of" right now, and the reasons are just the reasons why they're gentlemen, but there isn't much distinction between why some are at the top and some are at the bottom, etc.

tl;dr this looks a lot more like a collection list than a ranked list, so a few things would need to be updated first. I've switched it back to "profile" for now, let me know when it's updated :)

RogueLynx likes this.
  18. RogueLynx

i'm not sure i get your meaning...

fair point...

this'll take time and effort i'm not sure i'm willing to put in rn so...

will do if i ever get this done...

19. sothis

"List is sorted by who is the strongest example of a gentleman"

"List is sorted by hair color groupings" (this wouldnt work for your list specifically but it could work for, say, a tag-based list like "men who wear football helmets")

etc

Basically if the order is purposeful, it should be clear to the person looking at your list

RogueLynx likes this.
  20. RogueLynx

understood, thanks :)

sothis likes this.