[Request] Love/hate for anime and manga

Discussion in 'Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Site Questions' started by Claptrap, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

I'm a bit surprised there isn't a way to hit love and hate for anime, since we have those options for a lot of things on the site. Think the request is simple to understand in nature, but I'm not sure if there's some coding barrier that would be in its way...

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Isn't that what your rating is for?

KawaiiSB01 and Kari5 like this.
  3. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Jul 14, 2019
    A secondary rating based on Yes or No ratings like Rotten Tomatoes and the such wouldn't be a bad idea.

Noitra, Claptrap and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  4. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

I mean, my rating isn't really for that personally, there are things I think are really Good but that I don't love to the extent that well... I love certain things. It would be nice to have a list of 'anime I love' that I could look at (of course, I suppose you could do a custom list on here, I just find that's a bit better for themed categories or ideas that have a proper basis around them). Especially the denser your watchlist is, right. There are a lot of things that are good or great even, that you don't hold onto as things you love imo. Same as how there are things you think are poor in quality but don't hold onto as things you hate.

(ex. I think FMA:B deserves all its good reviews and is a well done anime on pretty much every level despite a rushed first part - and yet, although I rate it very well, think highly of it and agree it makes few missteps, it's not something I Love)