[REQUEST] A way to add unavailable series to the watch list

Discussion in 'Completed Requests' started by Crousmouse, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Crousmouse

Crousmouse New Member

If it's not too much trouble would you please add a feature that allows you to list anime that isn't on your site such as RWBY, wakfu Ben 10, Voltron, Dragon Prince etc.
    e.g. add an add-sign that when pressed adds a card, like the ones that the listed series have, which gives the user space to list the title, number of episodes, number of episodes watched and duration of the episodes. This would allow people like me to record the anime and cartoons we have watched without having to use the rewatch feature to emulate the time spent watching series that aren't available.
    This is only a suggestion and I don't expect the feature to be added but I thought that the suggestion might help anyway.

2. INGO2020Q3

INGO2020Q3 New Member

that is interesting me too.

I think it is many work for someries add contents in the website and database.
    I thant not possible to is uch cases with man episode, where content will not be added, to create dummy contents only with title season and episodes.
    And for all other screenshot e.g. use placeholder images.

then it could added from users to their list and if real contents will later added the list are actual.

Or other proposal you can can add an external content list for such things, and nice where it if their will be a check implemented the content is now available if later the contents are in the anime-planet database.

3. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Sep 16, 2020
    Thank you for the suggestion, however we don't have current plans to add this

4. INGO2020Q3

INGO2020Q3 New Member

thnks, for the short answer on my request.

but I have a question according to the post of the Thread opener.

thnks, for the short answer on my request.

but I have a question according to the post of the opener
    I don't when, why or why not titles were aded to this site:
    I think it is irritating for some users me too.

So i asked direct.

Is that possible to get monthy list or season list(only an example) on this with this or similar points:
    recently added titles:
    • Deca-dence
    • Dragon Dogma

titles which will added soon:
    • some titles

titles which will not be added: (please added the reason e.g. right dispute , copyright prevents doing that...)

• RWBY :reason
    • Wakfu
    • Dragon Prince
    I think simple text information were enough , so some part of that work can be realized by time started scripts.

Or build a sticky list in the forum "which titles will not be added".

5. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Sep 16, 2020
    A list of titles that will not be added exists here https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/add-a-missing-anime.323073/ along with the reason they won't be added.

Recently added anime to the site can be found here https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/recent-anime.

There is no point to a list of "titles that will be added soon" as we add everything we will add asap after their annoucement, making such a list would only delay their additon to site for no real good reason.

Anime watchable on site is beyond our control as its provided via partnerships, most recently added episodes however can be found here https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/watch-online/updated this is the best we can do as they are also added as soon as we know we can offer them.

6. INGO2020Q3

INGO2020Q3 New Member

Thanks I don't know it or found that list on myself.

But a proposal for newbies:

Please make a short a short FAQ on the main-navigation-site where you add these Links and other sticky topics and link to forum, that will help new users and it is only less work for our team.
    That make it more transparent.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020