Rent-A-Girlfriend

I would love to watch a show about a troubled guy who searches solutions to his problems in the wrong way just out of misguided ideas, but I wouldn't want the show to make fun of him then.
Oh, definitely. The show is, in some ways, trapped by its trying to be...light or accessible or sweet. Like it doesn't realize it can be heavy and light at the same time, just not in the same scenes. Like, Kazuya can be in the depths of despair one moment, then be in the middle of a wacky hijink in the next without the two moments seeming to contradict or overpower each other.

The real difference is just how the decision to not really commit to the serious stuff is couched in exactly my cliche wheelhouse, I guess, so I don't mind it as much.

Also, I forgot to mention in my ramble last time.. but yeah, Mami is really hot. I really like the character designs for the girls.
I know, right! I've seen a million smokin' hot anime girls, but there is something they're doing differently with Chizuru and Mami that's addin' a little...extra to the mix. I suppose I'll have to wait for the dumbstruck weeb vision to clear before figuring out exactly what that is, but it's been one heck of a one-two punch, so far.

I'm genuinely excited to see the other two girls show up to see if the trend extends to all four of them.

And...actually, no that I'm thinkign about it...did you notice the other girls--the non-poster girls, I mean, the girls in the friends group--are clearly less good looking, but are neither we-have-to-tell-you-they're-less-pretty-'cus-all-the-girls-look-the-same nor exaggeratedly unattractive? They're just...plainer.

Man, 10 points to the character design team.

EP()3 man I liked it, it might be my favorite episode yet, I like every part of it, from start to end.

The show picks up where last episode left off and I really enjoy this whole first part, previously I actually thought Kazuya wasn't relatable and wrong for not standing up for Mizuhara but now I understand him completely.

Not only he doesn't really know Mizuhara he still thirst as fuck for Mami, he would do anything to be with her and he doesn't even care, When he asks her to come to his place and realizes she doesn't want to he just runs away and start to think about Mizuhara.
I might be reading too much between the lines here but for me that shows he lust hard for Mami and would allow himself to be step on to get what he wants but once he thought she was just being nice and nothing was going to happen he immediately thought about Mizuhara and how much of a asshole he was.

I just feel sad for the MC now, he is just a confuse young boy with no experience and a good heart, I do think he allowed himself to be humiliated because he wants to fuck her and that's not a good thing but I think that's where he at now, he doesn't know the difference between lust and love, don't get me wrong I do think he cares about Mami because he is a good person but his relation with her is more about lust than love.
If I had to guess that's probably because she was the first girl to give him any kind of attention and in that way he reminds me of the - sing "yesterday" for me - MC

I really like that Mizuhara doesn't let him forget that they are not friends and she doesn't wanna spend any time with him and only does it because of money and because she feels sorry for him.
This might seem mean but I think its just real, she is not leading him on and are not allowing him to think of them as friends, if he ever wants to stop seeing her that's his choice

The rest of the episode as somewhat lighthearted/fun and with some evil schemes from Mami, next episode is gonna be lit.

I also think people are hating on Mizuhara for no reason, like that's her job, she is taking time of her life to be his fake girlfriend but not only that she is also acting as the perfect girlfriend he wants, for real that would be tiring AF, I can't even begin to imagine having to fake my personality for a whole afternoon while making conversation with a bunch of people, her being woman seems to even be worst because she is also a "hot girlfriend" in the beach she was super casual but in her GF mode she is wearing bikine has her hair out, apparently apply some light make up, that's MVP right there.

Episode 3

I gotta say, I dig @interregnum 's analysis, but to be honest, he just goes way too far (in the most positive way). I am absolutely sure he thinks deeper about the whole story of the show than the author ever did.

Let's say and turn our reflectors to the dearest of dearests: Mami-chan!

Mami is obviously created to be a psycho character. She is a savage girl who preys on the weak, beta-kuns soft of guys like our beloved Kazuya. She could easily date any guy she points at (as you can see the guy asking about her when she is typing her new tweet behind the bathroom), but that is no fun for her. She enjoys, thrives and boosts her confidence if that weak beta-kun pleeds, begs, crawls on all his 4 for extra chances. Her obsession goes so far that she has to stalk that guy, no other less, and is deeply disatisfied if he doesn't show expected sleezines/affection towards her. Until then her life is meaningless.

I understand her role and why she is there in the band of girls which will circulate around Kazuya. And I will not expect anything more than the continuation of this from her side. What I fear is actually Kazuya himself: I am sure more and more girls for whatever reasons will float around him and he will still be thinking about and wishing for Mami-chan, making him more and more stupid in our eyes, hopeless in context.

Now, the auther just said "Fu*k it" and threw any more inteligent invention out of the window. Lets get it loaded with more and more convenient concidences! After all, we already have the MC going to the same university as the rent-girl, living next to each other, both grandmas know each other, they met at the same party and now, yeah, we meet again at the same day on the beach! In the next episode I wouldn't be surprised if Mizuhara learns Mami-chan was kissing Kazuya, angrily leaves (since she cares obviously) and then the grandma will appear, bitchin how Kazuya is a son of a..wimp. And you know, the beach is quite early, isn't it? Ep3? I think, that by ep 6-8 we will have an onsen episode where they will meet accidentally again.

I am also not the biggest fan of the "sexy boost" trope, when all the people around starts to say loudly how hot is that girl, so the MC's low-esteem is kept in check, pushing him to think more about that certain girl again.

Also, how great are those friends forbidding him to have sex with Mizuhara?

Last edited:
What I fear is actually Kazuya himself: I am sure more and more girls for whatever reasons will float around him and he will still be thinking about and wishing for Mami-chan, making him more and more stupid in our eyes, hopeless in context.

While I do like the anime this is something that could turn me off to it, as of now Mizuhara has no interest in him whatsoever, she is very clear about that and so the MC has no reason to think otherwise with that in mind I'm ok with him being stuck with his ex if some other girl develop a interest in him I'll be very curious to see what he is going to do,

I do think its more likely that the other girls around him be more like Mizuhara and not really interested in him but Mami will be jealous nonetheless, I guess I'll wait and see for now, don't spoil me lol

While I do like the anime this is something that could turn me off to it, as of now Mizuhara has no interest in him whatsoever, she is very clear about that and so the MC has no reason to think otherwise with that in mind I'm ok with him being stuck with his ex if some other girl develop a interest in him I'll be very curious to see what he is going to do,

I do think its more likely that the other girls around him be more like Mizuhara and not really interested in him but Mami will be jealous nonetheless, I guess I'll wait and see for now, don't spoil me lol

Oh, I have no idea, how the story goes or will end, it's just my rough guess. I also think Mizuhara might not be interested now, but as these shows go, my bet is that Mizuhara will eventually be the no.1 girl. It will take long, through tons of coincidences, lies, but they live next door each other and I don't think that feature cannot be unused :-) I could see something happening with Mami-chan so he keeps on being split on which girl to choose.

I'm sure it's the same for everyone else, but the women are the only reason I'm sticking to this show. I want to know what Japanese viewers think of this MC. He's so cringe, immature and dumb for a university student. Not to say guys at university aren't dumb or immature. Sometimes I forget this isn't a high school anime. MCs guy friends aren't any better. I'd prefer "Sing Yesterday" or "Oresuki's" MC over this guy.

I also think Mizuhara might not be interested now, but as these shows go, my bet is that Mizuhara will eventually be the no.1 girl.

I feel like that's gonna be the challenge of the show, how are they gonna make Mizuhara like him and keep them apart/drama?
Out of the top of my head I'm gonna call it now
I think Gramma might have something to do with it, like he tells her she cheated on him or she sees her with someone else and now she hates Mizuhara and after awhile they begin to date but he can't tell his Gramma but she finds out he has a GF and to keep Mizuhara on the DL he rents another girlfriend

there I have my theory for the season finale

I feel like that's gonna be the challenge of the show, how are they gonna make Mizuhara like him and keep them apart/drama?
Out of the top of my head I'm gonna call it now
I think Gramma might have something to do with it, like he tells her she cheated on him or she sees her with someone else and now she hates Mizuhara and after awhile they begin to date but he can't tell his Gramma but she finds out he has a GF and to keep Mizuhara on the DL he rents another girlfriend

there I have my theory for the season finale

Not bad! I could see that!

I think the renting thing could have a plot like:
a) Something happenes which is not allowed in the renting business. Mizuhara is going to get mad or sad or I don't know, but he can't rent her anymore
b) He is going to rent a girl to get over the previous rented girl
c) He is going to rent another girl which falls for him
d) He will be a rent boy!
e) 2 rent girls are gonna rent each other.
f) Mami-chan will be a rent girl, so she can get closer to Kazuya, because he finally dumped her.

Geez, there could be so much more! Like..rent a granny! Ok, let's hope not that..

Oo--fun! I'll weigh in on some story beats that I'd bet are on the horizon:
1) Chizuru will set the precedent for offering her time for free--at first for an easily justifiable reason (e.g. "You helped me with X, so...")--before the finale.
2) Kazuya will see Chizuru on a "date" with another guy while he is on a date/"date" with another girl, infuriating and saddening them both.
3) Mami will blackmail Chizuru into ignoring Kazuya...or threaten to blackmail Chizuru to Kazuya to make him stop seeing her.
4) We learn why Chizuru is a rent-a-girl, it'll be vaguely tragic, and Kazuya will try to fix it but make things worse, almost forcing Chizuru to have to move.
5) Chizuru will need money, almost do something she regrets, then be rescued by Kazuya's rental (which he'll pay for by selling something).
6) Mami will rent Chizuru. And it will be amazing.

YEAH! @interregnum 's in the houuuseee! *dances*

Man, I'm so glad you're here to enjoy this show with us!

Episode 3:

I feel like the only person who likes the main character. He's doing awfully well for a guy who had his heart torn out by his first love and first girlfriend who he keeps ending up in awkward, heart wrenching situations with through his friends. I remember my first love and heartbreak, shit wasn't pretty. Hell when the relationship I was in before the one i'm in now ended I didn't eat for almost a month, lost interest in all my hobbies, and spent most of my time sleeping or crying. So yeah. Kazuya's doing pretty damn good considering all the hurtful things he keeps going through. Ya'll are being too hard on him, lol.

If anything I don't think he's being upset enough about it, but that would hurt the tone of the show I think. The show does do a do a good job showing us just how heavy everything is weighing on him, with the little scenes where he's alone and clearly not ok and feeling down. I think the show is doing a good job of balancing how unhappy Kazuya is with the rest of the people around him who are all very cherry. How cherry and upbeat everything around him is really helps push the message of "Kazuya's really fucking sad" whenever he goes into pout mode. I like it.

Now. Lets talk about Mami.

I HATE HER. I HATE HER. I HATE HER.

That is all.

Alright. I was intrigued by this:
And...actually, no that I'm thinkign about it...did you notice the other girls--the non-poster girls, I mean, the girls in the friends group--are clearly less good looking, but are neither we-have-to-tell-you-they're-less-pretty-'cus-all-the-girls-look-the-same nor exaggeratedly unattractive? They're just...plainer.

So I've spent the last like....20-30 minutes going back through and analyzing the hotness of these girls. Because I agree that the main girls are more good looking than the side girls but I also couldn't pinpoint just what the difference was and I think I'm on to something.

I think it's a few things.

The eyes (and face detail in general). Our main girls have very detailed, dreamy, sparkly looking eyes. Where our side characters has much less defined colors in their eyes, or they are shown with their eyes closed or shown with no eye color at all.

Examples:
Detailed eyes. Our main beauty. There's multiple tones in there, shades, highlights. Hell even her eyelashes have small highlights on them.
unknown.png

Much less definition. No eyelashes at all. Basic facial features and not as detailed or "feminine" lazy eyebrows.
unknown.png

Here's a group of them. Muted eye color there on the left, minimalist surprised pupil in the center and eyes closed on the right. If our main girl here turned around she'd draw our eyes directly to her because she's the most detailed. Also I'd like to note that even the main pretty girl's hair has a more glowy highlight where the hair highlight on the other girls is very flat.
unknown.png

Another example here. This asshole on the left is designed to draw the eye straight to her instead of the girl on the right.

Left: Multi colored, shaded, highlighted, dreamy sparkly eyes, Eye lashes, glowy hair highlight, blush on her face, eyebrows, her hair is two toned,

Right: Flat hair highlight, very basic muted eye color, lots of white showing in her eyes, no eyebrows or eyelashes, no blush, very basic features.
unknown.png

So I think that's what it is, subtle differences in the art style and details between the main girls and the other girls. I can't see them doing this so consistently though the show (so far) for it to be an accident. I also couldn't find very many shots of the other girls where they're not super basic or where they were only showing like, waist up shots of them. I also noticed that our main girls get a lot more dynamic poses than any of the side girls and our main girls get more full body screen time and the other girls, when they are shown in full body shots they're less detailed or they're covering up their skin in some way. Like one girl is holding a watermelon over her chest so you can't see her boobs, another girl is showing some cleavage but she's wearing what looks more like a dress and not really a revealing swimsuit. I'll put the examples below:

unknown.png
unknown.png

If we compare the images above with this image below, Both shots are more simplified shots of the girls but our main girl here still has more detail and shows more skin and her features are more defined. Plus her outfit is flashier in general.
unknown.png

So yeah. Ya'll aren't crazy. It looks like they're deliberately making the main girls more "pretty" and more detailed so that you'll find them attractive or at the very least so that you'll look at them over the other girls in any given scene. Which makes sense, you don't want people distracted by side characters while you're trying to push a story along. It's all very interesting art wise though. I can't say I've noticed stuff like this is many other shows (but i'm sure they're all doing it, to some degree), I've just never been paying attention until now.

This is the most work I've put into a post in here in awhile. I hope ya'll appreciated my efforts. XD <3

YEAH! @interregnum 's in the houuuseee! *dances*

Man, I'm so glad you're here to enjoy this show with us!
Woo! REAL GIRL BROS!!!

And thanks for tagging me in, which prompted me to finally take the time to watch. Because I'm having so much fun with this show, so far. Kinda takes me back to my anime roots, in a lot of ways.

Including...
I feel like the only person who likes the main character.
I'm with you, insofar as I can totally empathize with what he's going through. I've done the my-world-has-crumbled thing to varying degrees on more than one occasion. I don't think I manged to be quite as...socially tolerable as Kazyua's being, at the time.

As others have said, the show doesn't quite give this the focus it deserves, so it diminishes the impact that his realistic weakness and sorrow might otherwise have. Which is a shame. Not just because it's something we don't see much of, in anime (especially not in non-"serious" anime, perhaps for obvious reasons), but because it undercuts the depth of Kazuya's character. Because we don't see the story through the lens of his pain, we just see the signs of his pain as outsiders. Which, as I'm sure literally everyone in my life will attest, gets old. And, outside of his sadness, he's just sort of...y'know, some dude.

It's why I'm fairly neutral (in a good way) on him: I think his unique points balance out his generic points.

I think the show is doing a good job of balancing how unhappy Kazuya is with the rest of the people around him who are all very cherry.
I know this is a typo, but given the emphasis placed on Kazuya's virginity, I found this a particularly funny--and, frankly, ironic--typo.

So I've spent the last like....20-30 minutes going back through and analyzing the hotness of these girls.
This is just...

Hang on I'm trying to find an applause gif that's not political or full of trash celebrities. This is...harder than I would have tho--wait, here's one:

source.gif

Elizabethan peasants. Nice and neutral.

But, yeah! That, my dear Crafty, is some stellar analysis. I knew the first shot of Chizuru in the series had been specially crafted to make her seem as stunning as possible without relying on the special effects that shows typically use to tell us the girl is beautiful. But now we know why it's stayed that way. (Though, honestly, I think freckles girl is pretty cute, in her own right. If, y'know, there's ever a moment where I'd notice she's around.)

+50 interregnum points.

Speaking of the main girls being made to stand out, I'm now reconsidering the outfit Mami wore in Ep. 2, and whether the outfit was designed to flatter and accentuate her physical features, like a girl might do in real life.

I mean, her clothes immediately reminded me of the classic Oktoberfest beer wench (yes, the google machine told me it's called a dirndl, but "beer wench" sound sexier), which, certainly in modern times, is a look that draws attention to the bust while also emphasizing the hourglass figure with its cinching at the waist and flare of the skirt. I mean, clearly Mami's got a rockin' bod, but did the outfit work to accentuate what was there, rather than having her deliberately drawn as super-curvy?

I can't say I've noticed stuff like this is many other shows (but i'm sure they're all doing it, to some degree), I've just never been paying attention until now.
Actually, I wonder how true that is. Like, I wonder how frequently anime uses these kinds of tactics to draw the eye or affect our feelings about a character. I mean, we certainly get characters who are meant to look generic because they don't matter as much, but I don't know that they're drawn to look less significant so much as not given as many special details as the major characters. Like, if you gave Throwaway Student #3 a fancier coat to wear, he'd certainly pass as a rival love interest, no?

I probably didn't express any of those last points that very well, but...that's my rumination on the matter.

It's like @interregnum has some kind of repelent for BS and absolutely ignores the MC or the granny. He really is a man of devotion, being focused solely on the girlz.

6) Mami will rent Chizuru. And it will be amazing.

Can i rent a Mami - how to make me a happy person

It's why I'm fairly neutral (in a good way) on him
I try to be fair on him, i mean, i wont say i ever been desperate but i can see how some people could feel inferior to them around them because their social status of not being in a relationship or not having one (outside a month). Actually, i have nothing against these types, what hit's me as annoying is when that desperation is pushed into over drive, maybe someone in real life would behave this way, maybe i overestimate people but i generally can't see this many 20 year olds doing the things he does, i mean the money he spends is insane, on a single date, never mind his total spendings. I honestly make the joke of him hiring a hooker but i sometimes think it would make more sense, he would get the action he craves and it wouldn't cost a fraction of the price, and it's a one night done deal job.
But as said, it's that over kill of desperation that draws the line of me understanding he is a little lonely and wants a girlfriend and the idea of him just being annoying. The way he behaves feels pushed so much, he kind of reminds me of Yuki Rito from To Love-Ru, however whilst Rito was a annoying lead, he wasn't actually after a girl, he just made dumb noises, this guy wont get anyone to care for him if he behaves this way, and everyone knows that. I am quite sure even the 20 year olds who don't want anything serious know they wont just bag and bang a girl just because without some effort. Who wants to date a guy who acts this way, talks of nothing more than sex (i get this idea at least from what Mami said, which lines up with what we seen, and they only dated a month yet she has a list of stories about the horny battle to keep this guy at bay).
As said, i would love to get on board with him, i have on many occasions been able to see the world through a "loser" type character but he is hard to get down to his level when his first action is to mess everything up
Think, he could of better used this cash on a actually GF but if we but that aside, his first response to think Mami wants him back was to throw it at Mizuhara (like she cares?) like a weapon, i know this isn't the idea but talk about putting your feet where your mouth is. I know we all do dumb stuff and speak too soon but this guy takes the cake.

Hang on I'm trying to find an applause gif that's not political or full of trash celebrities. This is...harder than I would have tho--wait, here's one:
respect to the dedication on getting a Gif and double points for it not being "political or full of trash celebs" - i loved this xD

I would go into them theories above but my food is gonna be burning in a minute and i wanna end this post for now, but they was interesting so i will be back for them later.

I don't know why everyone in the show keeps reassuring Kazuhara or Kazuya or whatever his name is. Let's just call him fuckboy and get it over with. Six minutes into the episode and he's already a self-pitying lump of sadness who just keeps digging bigger holes for himself and the girls just...put up with it. It's like watching a masochistic version of Pleasantville, where fuckboy's feelings have to be protected at all cost, even at the suspension of disbelief.

Not gonna lie I am interested in Mizuhara and the blonde ex-girlfriend. The former is just a pretty cool soft-serve not-quite-sex worker who happens to have a psychotic manchild as a neighbor and that seems like it'll be pretty good comedy on its own. And blondie is a complete nut herself so I can totally see her going off the rails at some point.

Basically the girls are gonna carry this show through 12 fucking episodes of watching this boy wet himself. Great. If only they could summon truck-kun to deal with him

I honestly make the joke of him hiring a hooker
I think the show will need to address this (assuming "compensated dating" doesn't smack of prostitution to a Japanese audience like it does to, well, us), and possibly should have addressed it already.
I mean, there's an obvious explanation for why he chose to rent a girlfriend rather than search for a hooker, in his desperation: he literally got an advertisement for the rental service rather than, um, an "escort" service. And I understand the reason for the facade with the grandmother, so I understand why he's continuing to interact with Chizuru. I'm not saying the show hasn't given us context.

But he should, at least for a moment, consider hiring a hooker with his money and offer us a reason why he wouldn't. Is it nerves? Morality? Stupidity (as in, he just didn't think of it)? Of course, if he falls in love with Chizuru in the next episode, that would also explain it and safely take away the narrative downtime that would make leaving this item undiscussed a problem.

It's just...I wonder how long "circumstance" can continue to be the excuse for perpetuating the situation.

talks of nothing more than sex (i get this idea at least from what Mami said, which lines up with what we seen, and they only dated a month yet she has a list of stories about the horny battle to keep this guy at bay).
I don't know that we can trust her version of events. I don't think she's making it up, exactly, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would constantly tap her on the shoulder and ask if it was time for sex, yet.

What I think is very likely, though, is that he would probably be very, very bad at expressing his romantic/sexual desire, making what would normally be a flirty or seductive move come across as a clunky turn-off...and, appropriately, really annoying. Mami is recounting that annoyance with a vengeful flair, so she's not exactly relaying the situation accurately.

He undoubtedly annoyed her. And his intentions were undoubtedly some measure of the intimate variety. But I'd also bet that she's counting asking to hold hands as some kind of oafish molestation.

But he should, at least for a moment, consider hiring a hooker with his money and offer us a reason why he wouldn't. Is it nerves? Morality? Stupidity (as in, he just didn't think of it)?

I would be happy with this actually, regardless if it's a inner head monologue thought or he explains to Mizuhara, i would be happy for him to say he never considered paying for real prostitution or more over, just was scared to or wanted to believe he had enough pride to get with a "real" girl over paying, whatever his reason, i think a honest "despite all the money a waste of fake relationships, i want to at least keep enough dignity to not fail to the level of a hooker" something like that would partially please me - i would be pleased more if he didn't spend so much on these rented girls but i guess we wouldn't have a show then so i wont hit that one too heavy, it did become a net meme on facebook with people sharing the price of real rental girlfriends in Japan... it's sad to say Mizuhara is weirdly cheap in comparison, and i mean, thought this dude was spending too much but wow they are pricey.
I can't remember if it said he worked or if i am crossing this with another show (Uzaki) but i wish he had a job, so i know his parents money isn't being wasted, i explained in earlier posts i actually feel bad for him on the family front (weirdly) as they are trashy but to spend all your living money on a girl to feel good... just earn some cash to blow on her instead xD

I don't know that we can trust her version of events. I don't think she's making it up, exactly, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would constantly tap her on the shoulder and ask if it was time for sex, yet.
I'm hard pressed to say i do or don't agree here, his personality, horny guy aside doesn't strike me as the sort to press for sex aloud, yet part of me can totally see him doing just this, and Mami was convincing, she spoke so naturally like the events happened, maybe it's me looking too much into it there though, bad habit of mine, thinking it's real in a story telling sense lol.
What I think is very likely, though, is that he would probably be very, very bad at expressing his romantic/sexual desire, making what would normally be a flirty or seductive move come across as a clunky turn-off...and, appropriately, really annoying. Mami is recounting that annoyance with a vengeful flair, so she's not exactly relaying the situation accurately.

He undoubtedly annoyed her. And his intentions were undoubtedly some measure of the intimate variety. But I'd also bet that she's counting asking to hold hands as some kind of oafish molestation.

Gotta love Japans hand holding being "lewd" to them. I can potentially see this being true, though i see it more his likely flirty actions come with the hope of a invite home, i can only think with the way he is around Mami that his mind is pretty one track, even when they was leaving that bar (or whatever it was), he was right on the idea of getting Mami to bed... okay i don't deny she is leading him on in this scene, but he is literally destroying his image, he has a girlfriend as far as the world knows, so if Mami accepted his invite, he would of cheated on her (Mizuhara) and shown that is his true nature (obviously not true but no one else would know that), which would only dig his grave more.

I think i said in a earlier post, i don't think the concept of the show is terrible, it's no Anime of the Year or anything special but the concept could of been decent enough to make a slightly dirty comedy but i think it's always lost on this MC, i try not to join the "Another cowardly MC" train as i think MC's are designed to be bland intentionally to make stories more adaptive for viewers, but this guy just grinds me the wrong way. Maybe if he had a good side it would help, like i dunno he did volunteer work or something (bad example i know), i wanted to like him visiting his grandma every week but... well we said #killthegrandma enough now i believe.

This episode was actually slightly better than the others, I hope it can last.

Starting off positive this week, Aoi YUUKI is doing an amazing job as Mami's VA. She nails every line, but the intro flashback scene especially she managed to make great shy cutesy voice for Mami.

The "hype" OST when Mizuhara was complimenting Simp was soo out of place like... what is going on?? And immediately after they put a chill happy one WTH. I didn't notice it till now but the music is a mess too.

The entire scene with the friend shitting on Simp but actually "blah blah hard work he's actually good" has been done so many times that I knew every single line that they were about to say from the moment Jock Friend and Mizuhara sat down.

But the final scene was nice, the tension in the dialogue and with Mizuhara falling from the boat was nice. Although the lines the passengers said were stupid as hell.
A :"Someone fell"
B: "It was the girl who was just here. She was wearing a white top and had long hair"
Why even bother with all this shit?? Just make Simp look over at Mizuhara while talking at the phone and let him see her falling, much easier.
Also, I don't know how I didn't ever mention this before, but the masturbation metaphor in the ending is kinda sad and a little bit disturbing, it sums up the show well.

Final note. Mami is still really hot.

Back