Rent-A-Girlfriend

You can always count on interregnum to pick up these melodramatic romance shows.

More fodder for me to watch from the outside:

gIZv6.gif

Sole reason, I look forward to these every season. For the interregnum rambling.

Wait, you can rent children? The fuck kinda future is this? But if you can rent dads like Ramen Guy from Pillow Boys, then this is the future we need.

And this right here would be the PV. The anime/manga is considered shounen, even though the protagonist goes to college. So I'm guessing the author is going that route so he can have a bigger audience.
Just so everyone has a heads-up, one of the series' genres is harem. https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=143828
Don't know how I feel about the protagonist though, getting a bad feeling about him.

this piques my interest...

I'll make the obvious joke before anyone else makes it... this is literally "Simp the animation"

Episode 1 was just... uncomfortable to watch.
Especially the start when he gets horny thinking about his ex with other guys.. I didn't sign up for NTR.

The MC face is just stupid too. It might sound like a weird complaint but I was looking to take a normal screenshot of his face and it was hard, he kept just making a weird expressions 99% of the time, a strange mix between embarrassment, arousal and shyness.

Well, The girl is cute enough and I liked when stood up to the MC for being an asshole, like dude, you asked for this fake date!

He should have probably just called an hooker since he was horny, everybody would have been happier with that call.

Art/Animations are decent enough and I like the girls designs so at least I have something to look forward to every week with this show.

Hot trash harem anime is absolutely a guilty pleasure of mine, and this is looking just that.

This start sure is unique to say the least. The first thing you learn about the MC is that he was just dumped for another guy. Bummer.

So what's the first thing he does? Picture his ex with some random guy and starts getting heated. Ok so my man is also freak.

AND RIGHT AFTER THAT he decides to use a compensated dating app. This all happens within 3 minutes. Not sure if he is just horny or they are trying to show how frantic his mind is. Honestly it's looking like both.

Queue a quick little date scene with this rental girlfriend and now our guy is feeling even worse about himself. He just used the money his father gave him before cutting him off so you think he'd reflect on that right? Hell nah my man wants to get laid, another date!

Oh ho, but this date was just a trap so he could vent to this girl how he hates all girls now. But she was having NONE OF THAT. I genuinely enjoyed this part. The MC was being too big of an idiot and she just channeled everything wrong with his character right to his face. Bonus points for it having a close up of her face getting cutely distorted while doing so, really channeling those Aqua vibes with that voice and all.

Granny to the rescue, she must have sensed her grandson in trouble and collapsed on the spot. But he couldn't account for this Rent-a-Girl being so damn dedicated to her job. He paid for his day and she gonna give it to him. Turns out the guy's Granny and the girls Granny are best buds, what a world!

"To not make things worse let's say we broke up"
"Ok, but also here's this sad story about my Grandma and how great a person she is for no related reason of course."

Smooth. Reeeeeal smooth.

You're not going to rent a girlfriend again? The title is right there, I know you're lying.

"Just asking how much you jerked off yesterday. You know, bro stuff." Seriously though, get these guys out of here. Their designs suck and from what little dialogue they've had I can tell they're insufferable.

She's even on the job during the preview. What dedication!

Yeah, this is about the hot dumpster fire I wanted. Should be fun.

I need to finish the manga before the show catches up.

EP 1

I can't believe how triggered this made me. Hearing and seeing everyone move was amazing......until Kazuya spoke

Holy fuck buckets I forgot how beta this guy was. Especially how his overreactions pissed me off. I love it how he constantly forgets that SHE'S A FUCKING RENTAL GIRLFRIEND!!!! Oh, and be ready for his ex. That's going to be an entire load of crap for a few episodes. Talk about unnecessary PTSD.

I'll make the obvious joke before anyone else makes it... this is literally "Simp the animation"

Episode 1 was just... uncomfortable to watch.
Especially the start when he gets horny thinking about his ex with other guys.. I didn't sign up for NTR.

The MC face is just stupid too. It might sound like a weird complaint but I was looking to take a normal screenshot of his face and it was hard, he kept just making a weird expressions 99% of the time, a strange mix between embarrassment, arousal and shyness.

Well, The girl is cute enough and I liked when stood up to the MC for being an asshole, like dude, you asked for this fake date!

He should have probably just called an hooker since he was horny, everybody would have been happier with that call.

Art/Animations are decent enough and I like the girls designs so at least I have something to look forward to every week with this show.
"Simp the animation" my thoughts exactly. Is anyone else bothered by the fact the whole "rent a girlfriend" it's just a form of prostitution.
So I didn't feel sorry for the girl, when he starts to regret his decision and question her.

Hot trash harem anime is absolutely a guilty pleasure of mine, and this is looking just that.

"To not make things worse let's say we broke up"
"Ok, but also here's this sad story about my Grandma and how great a person she is for no related reason of course."

Smooth. Reeeeeal smooth.

You're not going to rent a girlfriend again? The title is right there, I know you're lying.

"Just asking how much you jerked off yesterday. You know, bro stuff." Seriously though, get these guys out of here. Their designs suck and from what little dialogue they've had I can tell they're insufferable.

She's even on the job during the preview. What dedication!

Yeah, this is about the hot dumpster fire I wanted. Should be fun.

At least i'm not alone in this being my guilty pleasure ;P... except i am somewhat serious, i watch all of these and never learn, keep coming back for more to only get angry at our MC's

seriously though, that speech about how great his Grandma is and how everyone respects her right after saying they will agree on saying they broke up, like what!!! Dude seemed to be fishing for sympathy points... to a girl he PAID to hang out with, like he literally is a idiot. The review thing was pretty dumb too, he leaves the date feeling like he is totally into her or something... completely forgetting that it is literally her job to make him feel this way and happy, to read the reviews after going with her (because i never get this, why read later...) to find all she did is what she was meant to do... 0.5? like that makes as much sense as hiring a hooker and finding out she sleeps with all her clients and getting pissed about it. Dudes a idiot.
Dude will be renting girls next week, nothing says i want hire again than that ending line.

The guys asking "how much you jerked off" was just painful, i get it's trying to create the idea that is how guys talk to one another but maybe just maybe, they could ask some people, because i never asked a friend (ever) how much he jerked it, then followed with some really bad virgin jokes (i think they was jokes... they laughed), it was just cringy, no guys... or very few guys talk this way, maybe a more "player" group of friends might asked if you got laid if you had a date... but this guy literally got dumped, rented a girl to hang with - 5 seconds after thinking his ex is banging her new guy, got angry she held his hand because he isn't unique, vented at her after paying again for her, tried to bone in a hospital bed, got caught by horny grannys who love some proportions in a girl, told a sob story and swore of rent girls (xD) again... like what the heck!!!
I really hope his friends die in a fire or something next episode.

MC also is ugly as sin, i gather they added the weird facial expressions which make him look constipated on purpose to maybe add to his ever so kind families opinion of him and help enforce the odds of him meeting a girl is slim but man they went overkill. Though on that topic, his ex wasn't too bad looking so he wasn't doing all bad, though with the preview/title for next episode, i dread to think what is coming, i really don't wanna hear about her new relationship failing and how she wants MC back, i know it isn't one of them series but they piss me off the most
Also on that topic (again) - Whose family acts like this? Okay he has no girlfriend and i guess some parents see that as a downer, but they enforce the negative views on him, dude will likely never wanna see his family when he did meet someone if that is how they behave, i meant it was just gross to watch. Then the granny asking if they are having sex.... maybe my grandparents was abnormal but they never asked me if me and my girlfriends have been screwing... just weird..
Can't wait for ep 2 of course, next time, MC hires a new girl... despite the promise he makes, this makes girl A angry that she wasn't good enough, all that and the return of the ex in next weeks ; "Rent a Hoe"

EDIT: Quick bonus i do give to the series "Everyone is lonely, just some people are better at hiding it" is such a good quote... i actually give it bonus points here as i imagine this is somewhat true.

I hate this soo much. Damn, this I really have to get this bad luck on my first ALG...
It's not just that I find it bad, It actually makes me mad.
Can the fucking grandmother die already?
"I never thought a girl would ever like you"
"It's not like he would ever find another girl" and other shit like that, just FUCK OFF.
I never hated a character as much as I hate her. She is the embodiment of all the world's evil.

MC is still a loser, and Chizuru of course keep taking pity on him. No surprise there.
At least the girls are still hot.
Ah and the OP was decent I guess.

#KillTheGrandma

Back